First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Any obscure/niche favourites, Tiltyred? Any classics? Guerlains? I have about 300 bottles and the collection is ever-growing. I even bought a minifridge to store the good ones in. It's a problem.
    I have one and a backup of vintage Mitsouko edt
    2 1.7 oz splash bottles of vintage Chanel No. 19 with the bakelite top
    I wear Lutens A La Nuit (a boyfriend picked it out for me, believe it or not)
    I just ordered Chanel 31 Rue Cambon (I'm still in shock)

That's all that comes to mind, although I'm sure there's more. I haven't looked at my whole collection in ages.

I could use a minifridge!

What about you? Whatcha got, Precious?

MBTI
    ENTJ

I really love the scent of roses but apparently roses are unfashionable in the current world of perfumes. I use to LOVE this tea rose scented oil from the Body Shop, but that's been discontinued a long time ago. I have never smelled anything since that, to me, truly smelled like the real roses I have known (eg. in the garden of my childhood home). My favourite perfume right now -- Eau de la Recolte Bleue -- doesn't appear to be very popular either, probably because it's supposed to be lavender based, and lavender is also considered old fashioned. (I should mention though, that I don't actually smell very strong lavender in it. Some other flower plus bergamot & peach is what I mainly get from it.)
    I remember that Bodyshop Tea Rose frag! Didn't know they discontinued it, either. FWIW, rose frags are, I think, coming back in a little - or, are already back in. I'm not a huge rose fan but I really love the L'Artisan one - Voleur des Roses and the Rose 31 by Le Labo. I'm pretty sure By Kilian, which is a fairly new brand, also has a rose frag out. It's becoming more and more popular for men to wear rose.

Re: Eau de la Recolte Bleue - I haven't heard of it! It sounds nice, though. Bergamot, lavender and peach. Mmmmm.

I have one and a backup of vintage Mitsouko edt
    2 1.7 oz splash bottles of vintage Chanel No. 19 with the bakelite top
    I wear Lutens A La Nuit (a boyfriend picked it out for me, believe it or not)
    I just ordered Chanel 31 Rue Cambon (I'm still in shock)

That's all that comes to mind, although I'm sure there's more. I haven't looked at my whole collection in ages.

I could use a minifridge!

What about you? Whatcha got, Precious?
    I lost my Mitsouko virginity last fall - I'd been waiting for a vintage EdP to pop up on eBay because everyone was telling me I had to try that first. I didn't not like it - it's clearly in a league of its own, but it doesn't 'fit' me right now at this stage of my life. Maybe when I'm a little older? I also prefer it before the drydown and DAMN the drydown is strong on me. Oakmoss overload.

Love A La Nuit. I'm a fan of jasmine. Have you tried DelRae Amoreuse? Lots of jasmine fans seem to love it, although it was a bit much for me (I'm not a fan of big sillage so...just keep in mind I'm a bit of a wuss). My favourite Lutens is Datura Noir, which I did not like at all on first try, and then loved beyond all reason on second and thrid tries.

PM me when you try the Rue Cambon - I've not tried it. Of the newer Chanels I liked Beige but it still had that 'Chanel' thing going on - it felt too sophisticated for me somehow, too classy.

My all time favourite frag is People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo, which people seem to love or hate. You? I could bathe in that stuff. Gaaaah.

*reverie*
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

and..

not that I'm big on the brand, I just enjoy the scent, as do others, I think..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    nnnn

I rarely remember I have perfume, but here are mine.

My favourite - L'Eau D'Issey:

It's extremely subtle, light, airy, and abstract. It smells like you would imagine water to smell.

A bit sweeter (will not buy again, but I'm a Lanvin fan, so I thought I'd try it) - Rumeur:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I remember that Bodyshop Tea Rose frag! Didn't know they discontinued it, either. FWIW, rose frags are, I think, coming back in a little - or, are already back in. I'm not a huge rose fan but I really love the L'Artisan one - Voleur des Roses and the Rose 31 by Le Labo. I'm pretty sure By Kilian, which is a fairly new brand, also has a rose frag out. It's becoming more and more popular for men to wear rose.

Re: Eau de la Recolte Bleue - I haven't heard of it! It sounds nice, though. Bergamot, lavender and peach. Mmmmm.

I lost my Mitsouko virginity last fall - I'd been waiting for a vintage EdP to pop up on eBay because everyone was telling me I had to try that first. I didn't not like it - it's clearly in a league of its own, but it doesn't 'fit' me right now at this stage of my life. Maybe when I'm a little older? I also prefer it before the drydown and DAMN the drydown is strong on me. Oakmoss overload.

Love A La Nuit. I'm a fan of jasmine. Have you tried DelRae Amoreuse? Lots of jasmine fans seem to love it, although it was a bit much for me (I'm not a fan of big sillage so...just keep in mind I'm a bit of a wuss). My favourite Lutens is Datura Noir, which I did not like at all on first try, and then loved beyond all reason on second and thrid tries.

PM me when you try the Rue Cambon - I've not tried it. Of the newer Chanels I liked Beige but it still had that 'Chanel' thing going on - it felt too sophisticated for me somehow, too classy.

My all time favourite frag is People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo, which people seem to love or hate. You? I could bathe in that stuff. Gaaaah.

*reverie*
    I've never smelled teh Pottle, can you believe it?

I had Datura Noir and swapped it out. Except for A La Nuit, I don't like the Lutenses. They're too syrupy for me. I know he and Polge are doing the new Chanels, too, but they toned it down (or up, depending on how you look at it) for Chanel a little. I've been wearing a sample of the Rue Cambon off and on for a couple of months and finally sprung for the full bottle this morning (ordered from Barney's by phone so it should be here in a few days). I love iris, and there is a really nice strong iris whiff throughout Rue Cambon. I also decided I like this new take on chypres -- less oakmoss (per IFRA regs) = easier to wear, surprise surprise!

Do you like Jean Claude Ellena? I have the big bottle of au the vert and at one point had all the ancillary products (shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc.). I wore l'eau d'hiver for a month or so (I had a big decant) and loved it. I have not smelled the work he's done for Hermes but I would like to.

I'm not into big sillage either. Even if I wear something big, I try to keep it close.

Eau de la Recolte Bleue does sound very nice!

I tried a couple of the DelRaes. They didn't flip my switch, but I thought they were very nicely done, no question.

ETA: Trinity, I loved Narcisco Rodriguez the one time I sampled it. I liked the edt best. I would buy it.

MBTI
    GONE

L'eau de Issey is a GREAT scent! Issey Miyake makes clean and sophisticated scents.

Hanae Mori also makes lovely scents. I think I bought Butterfly for my aunt (the pink bottle..Butterfly?) Very sweet, soft, and floral but not too much. I liked it so much I would wear it myself but it is now her daily scent.

The Gap used to have a perfume called 'Heaven' or 'Heavenly' that was floral and fresh.

Elizabeth W (of San Francisco) makes lovely true scented lotions and candles. Vetiver is very good but I went with Leaves - a green fresh and slightly floral scent.

Also, there are many kinds of roses but I've never been a fan of true rose or tea rose scents.

I am very partial to tuberose however, but that's not really a rose it's in the agave family.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

I also like the rose fragrances and I'm glad that they seem to be making a comeback. Last week I sniffed Valentino's Rock n Rose and LOVED it. It's going on my wish list.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I've never smelled teh Pottle, can you believe it?
    Ooh for SHAME Tilty! It's an intriguing frag. Even people who hate it generally tend to acknowledge it's strangeness/uniqueness. It's gourmand-y but not foody if that makes sense. It makes me think of dark wood and cello music and old books and a snowstorm outside. I need to go put some on now.

Interesting about the Lutens. If there is one brand that I initially was turned off by and am now coming around to (I think - there are some that still don't work for me at all) it's Lutens. I swapped Datura Noir out, too - now when I wear it I can't imagine ever not liking it. It's very soft and warm and apricot-y, without being cloying or heavy. I know what you mean about 'syrupy' though - I tried Louve for the first time the other day and it was verrry sweet. The Lutens frags are well done, I think, but I agree they can be overwhelming. I like A La Nuit too!

I'm generally a big Ellena fan as well - I have a big decant of L'Eau d'Hiver that gets a lot of wear, especially in cold weather. Un Jardin sur le Nil is another one, and I'm not generally a fan of the green/fruity frags but that one is gorgeous. The green mango note is fab. The only one of his frags I don't like is Eau de Merveilles. I found it heavy and yucky. Apres la Mousson is linear and simple (to my nose) but it smells exactly like what it says it does. You should try and pick up some samples of his Hermes stuff - it's worth it.

Re: iris. it's one of my least favourite notes. I'm not generally a wimp regarding fragrance but a strong iris note can make me feel slightly pukey. It's weird because it seems to be a well-liked note. I don't know what my problem with it is. My favourite note at the mo is almond.

CzeCze - I LOOOOOVE tuberose! Tuberose was the one note that got me into perfumery, actually. Have you tried Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle? If not, I'm warning you - it's absolutely perfect and gorgeous, and it ain't cheap, either. What's your favourite tuberose frag? Mine is Bruno Acampora Blu, which is also hellishly pricey.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Carnal Flower is to die for.

You asked me about Guerlains -- I have Samsara ( Alicia) Shalimar and LHB in addition to Mitsouko. I recently finished a decant of Chamade and I would love to have had a bottle of Parure before it was reformulated. I don't care for Jicky; I've tried.

Maybe I'll get some Hermes samples. I loved Amazone and Caleche with a passion but I haven't sniffed that house at all since JC became their nose.

Uytuun, which Lanvins do you love? Arpege was my sig scent for about five years. I haven't smelled L'Eau de Issy, another I need to get crackin' on.

Riva

sweat and pheromones