User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    For those who are partial to gourmand/foody scents, Jessica Simpson's fragrance (Fancy) is very wearable to my nose and it's quite foody, but not in an overpowering way. It smells mildly of vanilla cake and sandalwood. And it's cheap.

Cze Cze - I agree with you re: pheromones. I tend not to wear perfume around my boyfriend all the time. Also a big fan of essential oils. I put lavender essential oil in the bath and on the bed linens. Sometimes I carry around a small vial just to sniff. I looooove lavender.
    I honestly don't think men care about how you smell, as long as it's not bad. If you're trying to get with a man it's probably better to be perfumeless (doubt that's a word, but whatever), to do with everything CzeCze said.
    I never wear perfume with my boyfriend because he always looks sad and says I don't smell how I normally do, lol. I have to hand it to guys, they do seem to appreciate the 'natural' us more than we do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I love Chanel Cristalle and Chanel No. 19 ... and today I wore one of the Exclusifs, Chanel 31 Rue Cambon, and I really enjoyed it, although I will not be buying a bottle. I may get another sample.

I have about 100 perfumes. I haven't counted them in a long time, but that number is about right.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Any obscure/niche favourites, Tiltyred? Any classics? Guerlains? I have about 300 bottles and the collection is ever-growing. I even bought a minifridge to store the good ones in. It's a problem.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I have a few varieties.. I wore it in Iraq a lot because .. well.. there were times where stuff just plain smelled terrible. or people.

I wear it for special occasions, but if I'm on a date, I never wear it to the first.. I was pretty sensitive to strong smells for a long time, so if I'm on a date that person happens to hate perfume :rolli:.. I'd rather just ask then be able to wear it after.

Curve Crush (for men and women.), Axe body spray (cheap but I like Kilo..), Harajuku Music, and I have a bottle of Hillary Duff that I never wear. I got it for free, but kept it because I like the bottle.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I honestly don't think men care about how you smell, as long as it's not bad. If you're trying to get with a man it's probably better to be perfumeless (doubt that's a word, but whatever), to do with everything CzeCze said.
    I never wear perfume with my boyfriend because he always looks sad and says I don't smell how I normally do, lol. I have to hand it to guys, they do seem to appreciate the 'natural' us more than we do.
    I would have to agree with this. If only because I know how I would feel if I were.. uh.. gnawing on someone and ended up with a mouthful of chemical.

Not pleasant.

Scented candles are still good though.

MBTI
    INFx

Re pheromones and perfume, I read somewhere that people may naturally prefer to wear fragrances that are similar to or offsets their own body scent. I can't remember the title or the author of the book where I found this even though I looked at it only recently. The author thinks this theory is a possibility but the truth of it still needs to be proven.

But if it is true, then it means the perfume/cologne that people wear, rather than "masking" their natural body scent, simply "enhances" it. That is, provided that everyone chooses to wear fragrance they truly like rather than merely because a fragrance has a good reputation (e.g. Chanel No. 5) or was given to them as gifts.

I find that my taste is uncommon when it comes to fragrance. I often like scents that are unpopular or unfashionable. There's been a few cases where I find a scent I really love (not just in perfume but also in shampoo, body wash, etc.) and then it soon becomes discontinued due to lack of demand. I really love the scent of roses but apparently roses are unfashionable in the current world of perfumes. I use to LOVE this tea rose scented oil from the Body Shop, but that's been discontinued a long time ago. I have never smelled anything since that, to me, truly smelled like the real roses I have known (eg. in the garden of my childhood home). My favourite perfume right now -- Eau de la Recolte Bleue -- doesn't appear to be very popular either, probably because it's supposed to be lavender based, and lavender is also considered old fashioned. (I should mention though, that I don't actually smell very strong lavender in it. Some other flower plus bergamot & peach is what I mainly get from it.)

But what I'm trying to get at by saying all of this is that if the theory I mentioned in the beginning is true, then my strange taste in fragrance must mean I've got strange body chemistry. And if I've got strange body chemistry, it might explain the kind of men that I am attracted to, and the fact that the men who have really attracted me in the past have been so few in number. (I'm referring to the studies that have shown that women are strongly attracted to men by their body's natural scent, and that women are generally attracted to the men whose body chemistry complements their own.) But that should really be a post in the Relationships subforum.

Just some nocturnal/early-morning mental ramblings with no real point.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

Smile

Everyday, girly girly Anais Anais by Cacharel. (Use especially in Spring.)

Special or not feeling girly Tresor by Lancome. (Use more in Winter.)

I have others, but these are the perennial favorites.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

This is going to sound quite odd I suspect, anyway.
    I don't wear any cologne.
    I try to keep my 'scent' neutral. So all I really wear is deodorant.
    I guess I do this because I don't want to drive people away because they don't like my scent and I also don't want to attract people because of my scent. I'd rather attraction be based upon my personality.

That being said if I were going out with a girl it'd probably be one of the conversation topics. Talking about my non-preference. Really if the relationship got serious enough I would be open to any suggestions she had and wear any cologne she preferred. Unless the cologne she wanted is just totally out of the ball-park for me. I'm sure there would be middle-ground.

That would also apply to my girl. I'd prefer her to smell neutral, or actually - natural. Just not bad.

And of course on some days scents could be enjoyed together. Like maybe on one date we decide to wear a cologne and perfume that the other likes. Although pheromones are the best in my opinion.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't wear perfume. I do like scented body washes, lotions and sprays. Nothing heavy. Bath and Body Works or The Body Shop stuff. Lately it's been Suave Therapy Body Wash Sandalwood & Cinnamon. Cheap but the scent really compliments me.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Having said all that - I prefer to wear pure plant oils/scented oils [...] and layering scents.
    +1

I can't quite imagine being stuck with one scent [or blend of scents], since [ha!] I often construct them based on my mood at the time -- similar to deciding which color to wear for the day, I suppose.