User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    GONE

I'm not a total hippie but I do believe in natural pheremones. I like the way people smell naturally -- except if you smell, you know, bad. You can tell if you're a good match with someone depending on how much you like (or dislike) their smell - I think smell plays a big part in attraction (even unconsciously) and this is regardless of gender. I can remember two women in particular who I was very fond of and I was also very fond of their natural smell.

I think I'm relatively traditional and simple when it comes to scents that I like - a lot of perfum just smells way too cloying and old-fashioned for me. I prefer men's colognes in general.

Having said all that - I prefer to wear pure plant oils/scented oils like jasmine, lavender, ylang-ylang and layering scents. Vanilla (and all it's variations) is a great base for women. I like light floral scents, fruity feminine scents, and more sensual mixes. I don't mind smelling like food - particularly sweets - chocolate, honey, brown sugar, sounds good to me! Mixing a food scent - like vanilla or chocolate - and flowers is a sure trick formula.

In the past scents that I have worn regularly:

Benefit's Maybe Baby (white flowers)
    Trish McEvoy's Blueberry (Blackberry?) Vanilla Musk
    I currently use Weleda Rose deodorant (basically a body spray) and a Jasmine body oil.

I would love to wear Bond Street perfumes if I was the kind of person to drop a lot of cash on things like that.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I don't mind smelling like food - particularly sweets - chocolate, honey, brown sugar, sounds good to me! Mixing a food scent - like vanilla or chocolate - and flowers is a sure trick formula.
    hehe

I mostly wear perfume only on special occasions. Since I'm on a low-budget right now, I buy those $.99 body sprays (mini bottles).

Supposedly, studies show that scents that women wear, such as vanilla attract partners most, bc it reminds them of mama's baking in the kitchen. Not sure if I quite buy this, but I don't mind smelling like decadence. lol

Yeah- natural scents are nice. Sometimes, I think the best scents to scare people off are moth balls, that or anything that smells like baby powder.. kind of reminds me of diaper changing, and scares me as well.. j/k

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i like clinique happy, lucky for her and anything that smells like cotton candy.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Old Spice deodorant!

It's a manly scent for all four and a half, double X chromosomed manly feet of me!

(I am smelly and girl deodorant doesn't cut it.)

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

My favourites are Narciso Rodriguez for her & Stella in two peony.

But I'm out of both

Winter: Coco - Chanel
    Samsara - Guerlain

Summer: Love Bird - Nanette Lepore (smells just like N. Rodriguez For Her)
    Baby Doll - YSL
    Les Nuitd d'Hadrien - Annick Goutal

I love fragrances and have quite a few but those are my current favorites.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post

Black Cashmere by Donna Karan for Women

I use Cashmere's Mist. I love this perfume. My absolute favorite of all time. . How is the Black Cashmere..is it similar to Cashmere's Mist?
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    INTJ

Rarely anything, unless it's a very special occasion. But when I do it's either YSL's 'Paris' or 'Organza' by Givenchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    hehe

I mostly wear perfume only on special occasions. Since I'm on a low-budget right now, I buy those $.99 body sprays (mini bottles).

Supposedly, studies show that scents that women wear, such as vanilla attract partners most, bc it reminds them of mama's baking in the kitchen. Not sure if I quite buy this, but I don't mind smelling like decadence. lol

Yeah- natural scents are nice. Sometimes, I think the best scents to scare people off are moth balls, that or anything that smells like baby powder.. kind of reminds me of diaper changing, and scares me as well.. j/k
    Yeah I've always loved the scent of vanilla! All my perfumes/body washes when I was younger were vanilla. Doubt it's anything to do with my mother's non-existent baking though!! I think it can come across as too sickly sweet though, if applied too strongly.

I need to try and remember to use perfume, I don't usually bother to. Normally the only scent that follows me is the scent of my hair conditioner.
    I much prefer water scents (fresh to flowery), and own only one parfume:

L'Eau par Kenzo
    I'm lusting for Issey Miyake: L'Eau D'Issey

MBTI
    ENTJ

For those who are partial to gourmand/foody scents, Jessica Simpson's fragrance (Fancy) is very wearable to my nose and it's quite foody, but not in an overpowering way. It smells mildly of vanilla cake and sandalwood. And it's cheap.

Cze Cze - I agree with you re: pheromones. I tend not to wear perfume around my boyfriend all the time. Also a big fan of essential oils. I put lavender essential oil in the bath and on the bed linens. Sometimes I carry around a small vial just to sniff. I looooove lavender.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker