User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 43

  1. #21
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Aside from using this quote to justify your laziness *ahem*...

    What's more of a hazard, the stupid and industrious or the stupid and lazy?
    To an organization? To a society?
    Stupid and industrious without doubt. Stupid and lazy is very easy to deal with, but stupid and industrious is wasteful, as not only do you have to undo the work that they do, you have to do it again so they create twice the work.
    Stupid and lazy, you can give 'em simple jobs, that aren't important, but they good thing about them is they do no damage.

    In the army I'd rather imagine they, stupid and industrious, would put unnecessary lives at risks.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #22
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Stupid and industrious without doubt. Stupid and lazy is very easy to deal with, but stupid and industrious is wasteful, as not only do you have to undo the work that they do, you have to do it again so they create twice the work.
    Stupid and lazy, you can give 'em simple jobs, that aren't important, but they good thing about them is they do no damage.

    In the army I'd rather imagine they, stupid and industrious, would put unnecessary lives at risks.
    Hmm....

    That's one thing. I can be incredibly lazy, but I'm ok with accepting the consequences for my laziness. But I would hate to impose my laziness on others and inconvenience them, or in this case, endanger their lives, so that can get me motivated to do stuff. Plus, military strategy is something I could really dig into.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  3. #23
    Enigma Nadir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Aside from using this quote to justify your laziness *ahem*...

    What's more of a hazard, the stupid and industrious or the stupid and lazy?
    To an organization? To a society?
    The stupid and industrious. Assuming these are all static qualities (i.e the stupid remain stupid), the stupid are more likely to reach wrong conclusions, utilize inefficient methods, and come up with insufficient or temporary solutions to problems. The problem is that industrious people are by nature of their trait far more relentless in the physical application of their thoughts, and therefore more likely to be a hindrance in times where progress is needed. The lazy, on the other hand, need direction and are in a state of much higher self-doubt and inaction, making them more malleable and potentially useful (as the quote attests) in the short-term.
    Not really.

  4. #24
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Hmm....

    That's one thing. I can be incredibly lazy, but I'm ok with accepting the consequences for my laziness. But I would hate to impose my laziness on others and inconvenience them, or in this case, endanger their lives, so that can get me motivated to do stuff. Plus, military strategy is something I could really dig into.
    That's the point though, if you are clever, but lazy, you'd figure out how to do exactly enough to keep every one safe with minimal effort.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #25
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    OK, I'm going to turn the tables a bit.

    Who would you rather be: stupid and lazy, or stupid and industrious?

    You can't cheat and say you don't want to be stupid. For here, it's your lot in life. Sorry.

    Even though I agree stupid and industrious is more of a hazard, they probably do pretty well. They come up with ideas to pitch to other stupid people, get the stupid girls/guys, and are acclaimed for their achievements in stupidity. Downside: you are scorned by the smart (clever).

    The stupid and lazy, however, make fewer public errors. And get to sit around while others do the leg work. Downside: you get manipulated.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  6. #26
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    You'd be blissfully unaware, or rather you wouldn't care, so long as you got paid. Lazy and stupid, so long as I looked really, really hawt would be alright though.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #27
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Hey!The stupid and industrious aren't worthless!They can be used to stir up some shit, and justify a war. I think I've seen it being done before, somewhere...

  8. #28
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Y'all may be missing a nuance: clever and lazy suggests someone who chooses well what needs to be done and then has other people do the job. Ergo, suitable for highest command.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Leadership in crisis situations doesn't involve "calmly getting on with it". It involves calmly fixing things. SJs need predetermined rules, so they're better in middle management. And btw, ESFJs are not calm.
    Bit of a generalisation there... I'm thinking you like fitting everyone into neat little MBTI boxes.
    What am I doing arguing with an INTP?? Everyone knows they're the most stubborn know-it-alls out there.
    (yes, that was deliberate.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    The stupid and industrious. Assuming these are all static qualities (i.e the stupid remain stupid), the stupid are more likely to reach wrong conclusions, utilize inefficient methods, and come up with insufficient or temporary solutions to problems. The problem is that industrious people are by nature of their trait far more relentless in the physical application of their thoughts, and therefore more likely to be a hindrance in times where progress is needed. The lazy, on the other hand, need direction and are in a state of much higher self-doubt and inaction, making them more malleable and potentially useful (as the quote attests) in the short-term.
    Definitely agree

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    OK, I'm going to turn the tables a bit.

    Who would you rather be: stupid and lazy, or stupid and industrious?

    You can't cheat and say you don't want to be stupid. For here, it's your lot in life. Sorry.

    Even though I agree stupid and industrious is more of a hazard, they probably do pretty well. They come up with ideas to pitch to other stupid people, get the stupid girls/guys, and are acclaimed for their achievements in stupidity. Downside: you are scorned by the smart (clever).

    The stupid and lazy, however, make fewer public errors. And get to sit around while others do the leg work. Downside: you get manipulated.
    Stupid and industrious - You'd be going around feeling pleased with yourself, and it might take a while for people to realise that, actually, all your industry was pretty stupid. By that point, you'll be long gone and some clever and calm person will be putting a clever and industrious person to work to fix it.

    This is exactly why clever and industrious people feel so resentful all the time. The stupid are blagging it.

  10. #30
    Junior Member Ayla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3?
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    That's the point though, if you are clever, but lazy, you'd figure out how to do exactly enough to keep every one safe with minimal effort.
    I totally agree!
    I consider myself lazy, but also very successfull. And it's been only a few months since I've stop blaming myself for my lazyness, because I figured out exactly that: because I like to procrastinate and do things with minimal effort, I do things efficiently! Efficiency is one of my strongest values.
    Yet, I was wandering what came first, the efficiency part (so then it doesn't metter if I do less effort than others) or the laziness part (so I have to find a way to get all the things done by doing little)....

Similar Threads

  1. "I deceived the CBO and stupid americans" - Obamacare architect
    By Beorn in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-15-2014, 10:37 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 08:30 AM
  3. The tale of runvardh and oberon
    By Sahara in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 04:05 AM
  4. The Adventures of Skittles and Bob
    By logan235711 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO