User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you steal the medicine or not? (read post)

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, as it would be completely illogical.

    10 43.48%
  • Yes, as value my spouse over logic.

    13 56.52%
  • I'm not sure, it's too hard of a decision to make.

    0 0%
First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 46

  1. #21
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I felt the same way when I first heard this, but the more I become aware of F vs. T, the more relevant this gets. Of course most people would steal it, but it still raises a question of a value system. An F would do it easily, I think, even if it restricted thousands of others from getting the medicine, because that in itself if the basics of values, valuing your spouse over the norm. Ts may do the same thing, but it wouldn't be in the same way as an F. T's may hesitate a little more, as killing hundreds for one person is utterly illogical, in a sense.
    Meh. If you say so.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  2. #22
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    If the medication would save my partner's life, and I couldn't legally buy it, I'd try to buy it illegally. There are a lot of pharmacies in India and Argentina who will ship to the US for a fee. You just have to know where to look.

    And if that wouldn't work, yeah I probably would try to steal it.

    There can be a logical case made for both stealing it and not stealing it. The later isn't inherently more logical. If the goal is to save your partner's life, stealing the medication is the only logical solution, if it's the last option.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    If the medication would save my partner's life, and I couldn't legally buy it, I'd try to buy it illegally. There are a lot of pharmacies in India and Argentina who will ship to the US for a fee. You just have to know where to look.

    And if that wouldn't work, yeah I probably would try to steal it.

    There can be a logical case made for both stealing it and not stealing it. The later isn't inherently more logical. If the goal is the save your partner's life, stealing the medication a completely logical solution, if it's the last option.
    Yeah, in this world, just about anythings possible, and most people are too naive to know it.

    That's a good point, as well..I guess I hand't considered both sides in a logical manner. I guess for the sake of some understanding, we'd have to assume that we'd be so intensely emotional and derranged at the fact of a dying spouse, that logic would be pretty hard in general.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  4. #24
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    I was wondering: What if the medicine would be potentially fatal in another way and you wouldn't have known it because it had never been sufficiently tested before? Okay, you could argue that he would die anyway - but in that case my cure would kill my husband. Or what if it didn't work? Or made him die faster? AND I'd risk prison and all that shit.

    BUT If I had hard evidence that proved that shit is curing my husband, fuck all that, I'm becoming a thief, and maybe even armed robber....

    Here's an idea - stealing the money and buying it - might be easier than actually breaking in to that dude's labs...besides I'd be likely to drop the crap on the way out the door, as I am bloody clumsy.

    Or I could sell something really expensive and get the money....there's always another way out...Just gotta THINK REALLY HARD...Use your imagination folks...give the guy a blow job and steal it while he's not looking...okay that's raunchy - wear a low-neck shirt and be like....woo hoo....Okay, okay, assuming he's one of these anal-retentive thinking types hmmm....Find a weakness and blackmail the dude....or something....Or threaten to blow the shit out of his lab or expose his tax fraud or some shit...There's always another way if you look hard enough.

    And yes, I'm totally serious - except the blow job part...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I was wondering: What if the medicine would be potentially fatal in another way and you wouldn't have known it because it had never been sufficiently tested before? Okay, you could argue that he would die anyway - but in that case my cure would kill my husband. Or what if it didn't work? Or made him die faster? AND I'd risk prison and all that shit.

    BUT If I had hard evidence that proved that shit is curing my husband, fuck all that, I'm becoming a thief, and maybe even armed robber....

    Here's an idea - stealing the money and buying it - might be easier than actually breaking in to that dude's labs...besides I'd be likely to drop the crap on the way out the door, as I am bloody clumsy.

    Or I could sell something really expensive and get the money....there's always another way out...Just gotta THINK REALLY HARD...Use your imagination folks...give the guy a blow job and steal it while he's not looking...okay that's raunchy - wear a low-neck shirt and be like....woo hoo....Okay, okay, assuming he's one of these anal-retentive thinking types hmmm....Find a weakness and blackmail the dude....or something....Or threaten to blow the shit out of his lab or expose his tax fraud or some shit...There's always another way if you look hard enough.

    And yes, I'm totally serious - except the blow job part...

    I like you .
    I like how many possibilities come into mind for you.

    I guess if you were 100% sure that this medicine is the only cure, and that you can only steal it or not steal it..then what would you do?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  6. #26

    Default

    I'd take answer one. It sucks, but they have no more right to it than anyone else, and I couldn't assume myself the exception even though I'd want to. That isn't to say I wouldn't do everything else to save them, and be pretty pissed off that a cure existed but wasn't available to use. Never know though, in the moment the reality might outweigh my principles.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I'd take answer one. It sucks, but they have no more right to it than anyone else, and I couldn't assume myself the exception even though I'd want to. That isn't to say I wouldn't do everything else to save them, and be pretty pissed off that a cure existed but wasn't available to use.
    Good reasoning, I know other Fs must agree, too, with this.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  8. #28
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I like you .
    I like how many possibilities come into mind for you.

    I guess if you were 100% sure that this medicine is the only cure, and that you can only steal it or not steal it..then what would you do?
    I would steal it, hire a scientist secretly with my freaking 2,000 euros and have them produce it for ME and sell it for a shitload less, thereby helping my husband, the others, and making profit muhahahahhahahaha I know what you're thinking: he'd steal the shit and go, so I'd obviously lie about what it was for....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  9. #29
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    one that might not necessarily evoke a "typical" T v. F response pattern.
    Even if it did, there the posted predicted relations (which are not really tied to anything... what are the options?) wouldn't stick.

    Ts might just use their thinking to plan everything so that they didn't get caught, while F would be so concerned over their spouse that they'd storm in and steal the medicine.

    Either way, T and F both made the same choice.

    I wouldn't steal the medicine because if it's worth anything, they'll shoot me, and if it's not, then stealing it would be a worthless anyway.
    we fukin won boys

  10. #30
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    I stated that Fs would be more prone to stealing it, whereas Ts would be less prone. Not once did I say Ts wouldn't..and I even said that certain types might go either way.

    Just seeing if there are any general patterns when applied to a real life community- that it's not just a theory, that Ts and Fs will act as expected..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Adam-12: GREAT Display Of Thinking Vs. Feeling
    By LauraIngallsWalton in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2017, 04:19 AM
  2. Thinking vs Feeling
    By Eastwood in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-25-2015, 04:07 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Thinking vs Feeling
    By Doomkid in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 06:49 AM
  4. Thinking Vs Feeling
    By oxymoron in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 05:14 PM
  5. [MBTItm] Thinking vs Feeling...a false dichotomy?
    By Provoker in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO