User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I am only misunderstood when I fail to explain myself properly.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think I'm misunderstood generally, but I don't really mind. If I made more of an effort to become understood, people would realize I'm even more different from them than they thought. Sometimes an increase in understanding can cause an increase in alienation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Yep, I'm misunderstood because I can speak too fast, ignore the details of pronunciation, and don't explain all the logical steps unless I think they are necessary.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I think I'm misunderstood generally, but I don't really mind. If I made more of an effort to become understood, people would realize I'm even more different from them than they thought. Sometimes an increase in understanding can cause an increase in alienation.
    I hadn't thought of it quite like that, but yeah, that's true for me. A few people 'get' me but it's generally not worth the bother of explaining myself better. I get a bit bored of the look being directed at me.

In terms of impersonal stuff, like my projects at work, it's annoying being misunderstood. My boss gets what I say, as does a couple of colleagues. The others seem to operate on the assumption that if they can't understand what I'm saying, then it's unimportant or irrelevant. I see that more as my failure to communicate clearly.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Ohh..Nicely Said!! Bravo~!
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Because no one understand me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I am definately misunderstood like 99 percent of the time.

Why? Well, because several reasons

1. My viewpoint is so natural to me that I can't fathom someone else seeing things differently.

2. My viewpoint is so different from everyone else's that they don't understand why I do the things I do- just ask my husband who asks me why do you do that? all the time.

3. I sound like I am speaking a jibberish language when I try to explain myself so I can't even help people really to understand me that well. The people who get me just get me because of some divine intervention,lol.

These three things together are why I am so misunderstood.

Examples, and these aren't even really good ones but I had to give something,

Two people started arguing and I started crying and it was very confusing to everyone because I wasn't involved at all but felt empathy for one of the people- he got upset so I got upset as I felt upset that he was made upset and was absorbing his emotions. There was a large group of people and no one could figure why I was crying.

If I don't feel like someone could become a good close friend then they are not worth my time at all. That confuses my hubby as he likes everybody and just likes people- he doesn't feel close though to most anyone too though where as I will.

I just feel- why waste my time with this person when I could be developing a meaningful friendship with someone else, even if there is nobody else that I know of at the time but I like having that time and energy free because you never know when those great connections are going to happen- plus I can further develop already proven good relationships and continue to grow them more.

I am terrified of heaven because I don't know if I will like it- what will the daily activities be, what is the bathroom situation- things like that I worry about immensely and I expect that eveyone thinks about things like the bathroom situation in heaven or afterlife- I am shocked to find out that people don't worry and think about that kind of stuff.

I assume that people know I am joking when using LOL and get disturbed that they didn't know I was joking and that what was said was said in good and laughy joyful tone. hence the LOLOLOL!!!

Even now I am receiving coaching from hubby as how to explain these things because if on my own, it would be awful- more so then this,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

heart on fire

I think I am misunderstood because certain people look at me like I've grown a third eye and say "I don't understand you."

The fault lies with me, I am often unable to explain myself well. Text is always easier.

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I never feel misunderstood. I might feel under appreciated at times, but never misunderstood. Everybody who knows me has got a pretty accurate idea of how I feel about things.

Actually, I really don't care if people understand me or not. I don't say that in a mean way, I'm just confident that I'm reasonable and of good intent and not an overly demanding person.

If someone doesn't get me, or if I am trying to convey to them how I feel about a given topic, and they are having issue with that, I am usually able to re-word things and use ridiculous hand gestures until they are clear as to my position.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    If someone doesn't want to hear or conceive of something, it can be next to impossible to make them understand. Stress on the 'can'.
    What they said.

I really don't care, unless it's by someone I love, or care for. Only then will I go to extra lengths to get my view across.
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I think it's important to divorce "being understood" from "being agreed with", "being sympathised with", or "being affirmed". Some posts here make me think that even if someone did understand you (I mean "you" generally here), as long as they didn't do any of the latter three, you'd still feel misunderstood, something I don't think can really be helped without a change in the beholder's perspective. In my view it's perfectly alright for people to understand and not affirm or agree. Understanding doesn't necessarily breed love, peace, or butterflies in the stomach.
    Not really.