User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    (although sometimes I wonder if INTJs challenge themselves enough... )
    Do you think that becoming a CEO is easy?
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Rats, I've been caught.

What I meant is that the only time you get to see the INTJ transformation is when they are caught in error. If you walk away and come back and talk about it again, they act like they always believed that. Not that they would say it, but just like "WTF is wrong with you, of course that's right... what's your point?".

Being caught seems to emphasise the need to change, not that they would only change under those conditions (although sometimes I wonder if INTJs challenge themselves enough... )
    I need to challenge myself...otherwise I wouldn't have (unintentionally) caused the extreme derail on Post #19, which I didn't initially think was big enough to get everything sidetracked. (But for what it's worth, I tried getting back on track with Post #67.) Although I think it's the N function that derails topics by making connections with things unrelated to the original topic.

No matter, I'll put my ramblings in blogs from now on. I don't understand why I didn't think of that a long time ago...

The INTJ's general nature makes them more prone to obsessions than other types. And I don't mean me personally, as in the image of myself, but just the basic nature of the select functions when they are combined.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

prostitution

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Okay, things that interfere with my rationalism:
    • Screaming children.
    • Cell phones ringing in the movie theater.
    • Political correctness.
    • People who like zombie movies but are too stupid to realize that they're practically all the same.
    • The fact that it's socially acceptable for a woman to hit a man, but not for a man to hit a woman. (Who cares if man is stronger, if woman didn't want to get hit, she wouldn't have hit man!)
    • Jack Thompson, Joe Lieberman, and Hilary Clinton's anti-video game rambling.
    • People who say they're non-conformists by conforming to a non-conforming culture (i.e. Goths and emos).
    • Emos, especially, for they turn the serious disorder of depression into a fad.
    • Feminists protesters who are usually just jealous because they're not attractive like the supermodels.
    • Liberals who protest against conservatives.
    • Conservatives who protest against liberals.
    • People who are pro-choice but against capital punishment.
    • People who are pro-life but in favor of capital punishment.
    • Scientists and dieticians, for they bombard you with what might kill you -- why not just say practically everything will kill you?
    • People who say they "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less."
    • People who don't know the difference between flammable and inflammable.
    • Parents who are against spanking their children, when it is proven to be an effective form of punishment when practiced within reason.
    • The way America places such an emphasis on friendliness in a work environment.
    • Those naive people who believe that violence doesn't solve anything.
    • People who don't watch the news but somehow think what's printed in the newspaper is more reliable.
    • Roger Ebert -- I lost respect for him after he slammed video games for not being an artform.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Do you think that becoming a CEO is easy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I need to challenge myself...otherwise I wouldn't have (unintentionally) caused the extreme derail on Post #19, which I didn't initially think was big enough to get everything sidetracked. (But for what it's worth, I tried getting back on track with Post #67.) Although I think it's the N function that derails topics by making connections with things unrelated to the original topic.

No matter, I'll put my ramblings in blogs from now on. I don't understand why I didn't think of that a long time ago...

The INTJ's general nature makes them more prone to obsessions than other types. And I don't mean me personally, as in the image of myself, but just the basic nature of the select functions when they are combined.
    Aie... Challenge themselves to do things that are not in their nature or are uncomfortable. That goes for every type, but I mean that INTJs should find themselves willing to intentionally challenge their own views... the less they do, the harder it is to change.

MBTI
    INTJ

Religion, sexual preferences, and hypocritical people who think they are 'liberal' and 'free-thinkers'.

I hate people who call themselves liberaterian and despise homosexual preferences.

I had once this very, very religious girl who asked
    "Why doesn't everyone go to church?"

Seriously, this made me so mad that I couldn't speak a word.
    I-31, N-25, T-55, J-27
    "Place the visible at the service of the invisible" - Redon, Odilon

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

My views and moods go up and down like a child's scribble on a piece of paper.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    [*]People who say they're non-conformists by conforming to a non-conforming culture (i.e. Goths and emos).
    I would add skinheads and neo-nazis and others of that type into that and agree with it. There is no real difference, both groups trying to find something unique in a pre-packaged image. It is the same type of seeking non-conformity through mindlessly swallowing whole a pre-digested image and just regurgitating it back at people merely to get a rise out of them.

[*]Emos, especially, for they turn the serious disorder of depression into a fad.
    I also find the people who turn being anti-social, pro-eugenic or racist into a fad too so 80's and been there, done that. Maybe they just need a new shtick.

Then too, some people's shtick may be to lay irony on so thick a bulldozer could not remove it all. It is hard at times to tell. Either way, it just seems like a very sad and pathetic game to play.

MBTI
    ESFJ

There are different theories of rationality.

If your theory of rationality makes rationality impossible *looks at Uberfuhrer* then perhaps you need a new theory of rationality.

For most of this thread, people have implicitly taken their theory of rationality for granted. Moreover, close inspection of the posts suggests few share the same theory, which has left them arguing past one another.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    There are different theories of rationality.

If your theory of rationality makes rationality impossible *looks at Uberfuhrer* then perhaps you need a new theory of rationality.

For most of this thread, people have implicitly taken their theory of rationality for granted. Moreover, close inspection of the posts suggests few share the same theory, which has left them arguing past one another.
    There is a world of truth in that statement. I know that I can never have a true picture of how rational or irrational I am. My subjectivity is a limit that I have no way of knowing if I have ever overcome it or not, I suspect the moment I think I have is when it is most active upon me. I think we must always be striving for rationality and yet accepting that we'll never totally achieve it. jmo.