User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Basically, information is constantly flowing into me in infinitely rich detail gathered by my senses. I immediately see EVERYTHING that exists in physical form - structures, large and small, and natural forces acting on those structures. I see in real time like a video camera records visual information, except in much greater detail with four additional senses. It's a 3D world that will never be recreated virtually.

Living "in the moment" is about sensing "real" things - sensing that things exist independently from myself, and observing cause and effect. Being alive to me is sensing physical information and then mastering it. The physical world is one huge playground.

Things that don't exist in physical form and can't be sensed are difficult for me to comprehend, so I don't spend too much time thinking about them. The only reason I even have a vague understanding of "feelings" is not from my experience with my own feelings, but rather my experience with other people's feelings. Being able to observe the effect of my actions and words on other people is the main way I experience and understand "feelings". Were it not for social interaction I wouldn't even experience feelings that didn't have to do with my sensory perception.

Spirituality is non-existent to me - atheism is simply the nature of my being.

What does your reality "look" like and how do you experience it? What is "real" to you?
    The STPs and the NTJs have a lot in common.
    They are harebrained.
    They censure.

Call it applicability.
    A theory is useful only when it is applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    The STPs and the NTJs have a lot in common.
    They are harebrained.
    They censure.

Call it applicability.
    A theory is useful only when it is applicable.
    That's the only part applicable to me.

Just FYI - I don't feel the same today about some of the things I originally wrote, but I may tomorrow. The fleetness of my feelings is both a blessing and a curse.

MBTI
    ?

Reality is forms of understanding or knowledge from our human perceptions, intuitive or sensing, whatever form it maybe, whether emotional, logical, practical or educational, thoughts, action, or combinations etc. Reality is similar in many ways for all, but reality can be different and similar in each individual's lives. Each person has experienced their own perception of reality.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Reality is this hellish thing populated by morons that can't understand me, and I can't kill them but must tolerate them anyways. Think a zombie movie only the zombies are more animated and I'm a human that has to resort to takling to them with grunts and moans. Trust me, most of the ES types I meet are idiotic.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Here's an old example:

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200
    I was just thinking about a unique tendancy I have. I'm very bad at dealing with the world around me in literal terms, but I'm great at analyzing situations, emotions, theories, and grammar. For instance, I once had a dilemma in class because I knew that I was supposed to sit down before the bell rang. However, I couldn't sit down, because there was an object obstructing my desk. I couldn't move it because I hadn't been given permission to move it. I couldn't ask someone else to move it, because then I would still be liable for the object's movement, which might not be permitted. I couldn't sit at another desk, because I hadn't been given permission to do that either. I couldn't continue to stand there, because I was supposed to be seated. According to someone else in the classroom, I just stood there, ringing one hand and tapping my head with the other, looking very confused and nervous. Thankfully, someone else saw me staring at the object with confusion, and moved it for me without my asking. I sat down as quickly as possible, realizing that since I hadn't asked them to move it, it wasn't my responsiblity, and I was free of guilt, because I had met expectations, and not done anything I wasn't allowed to, and I internally rejoiced, but I also felt a little guilty because I knew that their helping me might get them into trouble. Another time, I raised my hand and told my teacher that "My desk isn't working, I can't sit down." Afterwards, she give me directions that allowed me to sit down. I got the impression that most people already know what to do in that situation, even though it wasn't written in the Student Handbook or the Syllabus, both of which I had memorized. I've rechecked them since, but there is no procedure for what to do when something causes your desk to be inaccessible, which I found confusing, since there were plenty relating to how and when work should be completed.

Also, I have trouble describing things in concrete terms. For instance, I once tried to enter the classroom, but the door wouldn't open. When I tried to explain the situation, all I came up with was. "This door doesn't work." Thankfully, the person figured out what I meant, and unlocked it. All that my mind could come up with was that a door was a metaphor representing both accessibility and security, and that this metaphor was reminiscent of the Roman god Janus, and that the Latin word ianua meant door, but I had no idea what to do with a door other than just engage my standard procedure for opening it, and to request assistance when that failed.

The point is that somehow, despite all my ability to deal with theories and such, the physical world baffles me to the point that I wouldn't be able to function if I didn't know how to get other people to take care of those aspects for me.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Reality is all around me.

I consider it my calling to try and perceive it with the most truth humanly possible.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^ Heh.

Reality doesn't have words to describe it because words are just sounds inside reality. That's why God, at least in the Jewish tradition, has all these silly nonsense names. Reality is this weird thing that does this thing and that. That's about all you can say with any accuracy, in addition to maybe what science tells us the patterns of this and that consist of.

Most people can deduce the veracity of the preceding paragraph, but it's a different thing to experience namelessness, and a very cool thing that takes inner silence and passive reflection.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

I 'see' the world from many perspectives...thanks a lot to my interest in astronomy. I feel at times to be elsewhere, looking down on the motions of things on the ground, as if from a helicopter. At other times, it's as though I'm flying through space way beyond Earth, and then chuckle at the absurdity of the things we bicker over on Earth, "looking" back at the solar system. It gets dizzy after a while [as with the case of realising that the Earth rotates around its axis].
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

there are two realities, one that is outside of your head and is shared and one thats inside everyones head and is different with all people and animals
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read