User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

reality for me is that life is a stage and we are all merely actors.
    I like to think that every person is an embodiment of a different channel on t.v.- I like to think that we are the t.v. for God and the angels and whatever else is observing this life on earth.

I am personally a sitcom, but you got your people who make for great soap operas, court t.v., your mystery, your science fiction, your lifetime channel.

I look at life and people as t.v. and stage. That to me is reality or at least is my reality.

I don't believe in just watching characters or playing characters but BEING characters in real life. I think to myself- I bet this would make for good entertainment- that is how I make a lot of decisions and how I go about my life's adventures.

I want to live an interesting life and be an interesting person- I want to look back at my life when I am at death's door and think to myself- I would tune it to that and watch that and like that if I were a detatched onlooker- that's great entertainment.

I figure all we have is memories really- that is really all we can take with us- why not make interesting and funny memories? Why not make life entertaining?
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Oh my! I mean, I think about stuff like this rather a lot, but never so directly (i.e. never thought to put my view of it into sentences and never been asked the question directly).

What is 'real' to me? Huh. Perhaps I'll just say I see many layers of reality. Obviously the first layer is the tangible things around me - physical objects, people and animals, the environment, and all of those tangible constructs. Then there's the reality of our intellectual/emotional plane - our thoughts, emotions, moods, and personalities/essences, and characteristics. Add to this our interactions on all levels. Then there's more of a metaphysical reality -- i.e. physics, the universe, universal laws and properties -- that are the foundation perhaps of the physical reality that we view (but then there's a lot of 'reality' that cannot be detected or viewed by us, due to properties that cannot be picked up by our sensing organs). Then even more branched out -- viewing even a bigger picture of it -- is what I deem the Ultimate Reality -- i.e. the Way Things Really Are. This is more nebulous, and is something that I cannot properly define because I cannot possibly ever receive all data points to be able to define it. This is when you tie in Time, the nature of the universe, what exactly is at the root of how/why all of it works as it does, and Life/Death, and what both mean. This would be the level that God(s)/Power, if existing, would reside.

(by the way, I am personally agnostic, bordering on atheistic)
    Very interesting - thank you

I guess I think of it all on one level. Even though there are parts of physical reality I cannot directly detect through sensory perception, I can intuit that they exist since I can observe the effect of this force.

I never ask the question of how it all works or life/death because it's just part of my physical existence. To me, it's life that creates and destroys - it's a beautiful chaos and I don't attempt to make sense of it.

hm. odd ...

i would almost say, that i don't have memories.

technically, i do remember stuff, at least for the last 10 or 18 years (i am 30) and very sporadic before that, but it (the act of remembering) hardly means anything and comes to mind very infrequently and never as a relieved story, only as a moment or episode, era, (bird perspective). a huge amount of memories that do mean something to me are empty in terms of content. i try to recall a state, a perspective ... a memory of dry farmland beside the autobahn would seem to have spiritual significance. its more like a symbol. i sort of use such memories as objects in meditation, occasionally. my true self, the pure witness, ought to be the common aspect of all memories. its easier to remember the witness, or just my soul, albeit its a false memory in a way, than to discover it in the physical moment, in my eye-sight.

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    reality for me is that life is a stage and we are all merely actors.
    I like to think that every person is an embodiment of a different channel on t.v.- I like to think that we are the t.v. for God and the angels and whatever else is observing this life on earth.

I am personally a sitcom, but you got your people who make for great soap operas, court t.v., your mystery, your science fiction, your lifetime channel.

I look at life and people as t.v. and stage. That to me is reality or at least is my reality.

I don't believe in just watching characters or playing characters but BEING characters in real life. I think to myself- I bet this would make for good entertainment- that is how I make a lot of decisions and how I go about my life's adventures.

I want to live an interesting life and be an interesting person- I want to look back at my life when I am at death's door and think to myself- I would tune it to that and watch that and like that if I were a detatched onlooker- that's great entertainment.

I figure all we have is memories really- that is really all we can take with us- why not make interesting and funny memories? Why not make life entertaining?
    That's beautiful - thank you

Unfortunately, I cannot do the same. I've struggled all my life in search of this "purpose" that others live their life by - something similar to what you just described. But in order for me to do that the reasoning has to be something concrete - something that makes absolute sense to me, something that can be sensed by me personally.

When I was a child I was made to believe we had a predetermined purpose here. But the longer I live and the more I observe and experience through senses, the more chaotic the world seems and the more I realize that I am absolutely alone. There is no higher being that put me here for a specific purpose. It's horrifying and liberating at the same time.

So I've had to create my own purpose for continuing to live and that is to enjoy life the only way that makes sense to me - through my senses. I guess I would say that I live just to simply BE ALIVE - the basic instinct that any other life form has. There is no reason beyond that. This is why I am happiest when living in the moment cherishing my own existence at this moment in time. Because in the next moment I may not still be alive, and after that things will no longer matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Big Willie Style, represent.
    Shakespeare is my homie.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

People are my reality. Things really aren't, so much. They are "real" but they dont greatly shape my reality unless they affect my interaction with someone. And then they are still just a catalyst for what is happening in "reality" (relationships).

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by tibby
    When in a space I have nothing to do (e.g. a lesson) I often notice myself scanning my environment, especially the roof. But I have to concentrate real hard and have a really boring time in order to do it - I'm trying to scan my environment and the space.

Most of the time I feel like I'm not paying any attention to the reality around me - I see it, but it's like a hologram. I look through objects. When I look somewhere, I can't look directly into it... How should I say, they feel hollow and I can't concentrate to pay attention. I always look "beyond" the object. But if it's people, it's different. I probably pay most of my attention to people - not to their appearance but their essence. I only fixate my gaze upon people and do it intensely.
    I echo this sentiment. Interesting how you specifically mentioned the roof. I too feel that there are invisible barriers between me and the things I'm seeing. As a result I have some trouble "seizing the moment", so to say. People are far more interesting, but I have some issues with eye contact, (it generally disturbs me) probably as a result of me not taking anything at face value -- so when I make eye contact with people it's like there's a mutual "glimpse into the real" past the social obligations and the necessary masks, and it can be overwhelming.

More passively speaking, I often have a sense of something breaking the flow of some abstract "harmony". It's like detecting an off-key tone in a song, or being aware of a missing piece in a puzzle, or the way you feel when someone's moving towards you with clearly malicious intent, but greatly more generalized. A lot of stuff I perceive don't sit very well with me, and the reasons usually reveal themselves later.
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    People are my reality. Things really aren't, so much. They are "real" but they dont greatly shape my reality unless they affect my interaction with someone. And then they are still just a catalyst for what is happening in "reality" (relationships).
    Things are concrete and comfortable. People are flaky and confusing.

My reality is a world full of "things" to explore and take action upon. Since people are often the most common source of stress in my life, relationships are optional depending upon my or their needs.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I'm pretty much the opposite. I relate to things more than people. Reality is what we are in right now, the things around us, our jobs and recreation.

irrelevant

MASTER OF APATHY AND PURPLE SIGNATURES