User Tag List

First 1234 Last

what determines my world view in the most significant way is that sort of reverse engineering, which makes you see behind the illusion (function) of free will. most people just want to buy into the surface and make strong judgments about everything, but I see how most people only think that they are in control, tell themselves they want whatever they 'can take', and i never came into temptation to tell myself that i was in control.

maybe it's been "physical" (or neurological) inabilities (like squinting) in early childhood that thought me, that every experience is a gift, rather than a deed. i tend to call my self half-born because i am still just a scream in a vortex

however this does not seem to be related to my type. i find other people of my type are loud enough to go (identify) with the flow.

walking from school to home I see this fir tree and its branches
    plants wiggling in the wind are just perfect teachers of causality. they (or the wind, really) are god to klaus kinski and woyzeck and i am sad enough to understand them a little.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Reality is a playground for the mind.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    ESTP

Reality doesn't include only your physical perception, your 5 senses. Reality is the full package. Without the emotional side of your perceptions, there would be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by me_plus_one View Post
    Reality doesn't include only your physical perception, your 5 senses. Reality is the full package. Without the emotional side of your perceptions, there would be nothing.
    No, but for me it's the largest part of it. The point of my question, as you can see from the other points posted, that to some people there is more emotion involved than what I experience.

Any emotion I experience from sensory perception is always a side effect and directly related to the intensity of that perception.

Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by me_plus_one View Post
    Yes indeed, I agree. It cuts both ways really. If I am in such a powerful emotional mood (either happy, mad, sad, confused, etc.) then of course it has the potential to alter my perception of my current physical reality/surroundings. But, regardless of all that, I never lose sight of the aspects of my surroundings that are necessary for me to feel tactically safe in a basic, animistic way. I always scan a room as I enter it, and once my vibes are cool with it, I release that energy and allow my emotions to guide me through the rest as needed.

Now on the other side of that coin, there are times when an experience is so nice that it brings you into a good mood, if you feel that way or not. Horrible places can ruin a good mood too, like walking across a bridge across the Rio Grande River entering a poor, Mexican border town.

And finally, if my emotions are charged up because I am in super-powered extraverterd-sensor-perceiver mode then by golly I will forge my current environment into what I need it to be at that moment in time.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

My most natural way of looking at the world is that it is made of objects - that can be both abstract and concrete (an interest rate, or a duck; a ball, or a diffusion equation) - whose position evolves in time. The time-intervals can be extremely short, that is the here-and-now, or longer, which is past-and-future, or completely abstract.
    The objects in themselves, well, I suppose everybody notices 3-d shapes, colors, movement. I think I can look at them with no problems in terms of concentration; of course, this is true unless I am also thinking about an abstract problem, in which case I will space out. I can also "imagine" them moving in time; one example would be a bus whose route I know, and whose timetable for certain stops I know. I can "imagine" how it is moving in a given point in time and "guess" where I can go to take it. Of course, this also means that I can imagine completely nonexistant types of paths (but I'm usually aware of it, when I do). This ability to "imagine" interferes with reality in the following sense: when I'm playing football, often I will make a pass NOT where my teammate is now, but where I "think" his trajectory will bring him; same scenario, when I'm near the goal, I will usually not try to just shoot and see if I can score, but rather look at bringing the "ideal" conditions for the position of the players that I have in my mind. This is why I think I'm N>S.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying nothing.
    Big Willie Style, represent.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Yes indeed, I agree. It cuts both ways really. If I am in such a powerful emotional mood (either happy, mad, sad, confused, etc.) then of course it has the potential to alter my perception of my current physical reality/surroundings. But, regardless of all that, I never lose sight of the aspects of my surroundings that are necessary for me to feel tactically safe in a basic, animistic way. I always scan a room as I enter it, and once my vibes are cool with it, I release that energy and allow my emotions to guide me through the rest as needed.

Now on the other side of that coin, there are times when an experience is so nice that it brings you into a good mood, if you feel that way or not. Horrible places can ruin a good mood too, like walking across a bridge across the Rio Grande River entering a poor, Mexican border town.

And finally, if my emotions are charged up because I am in super-powered extraverterd-sensor-perceiver mode then by golly I will forge my current environment into what I need it to be at that moment in time.
    Interesting. And after hearing from two ESTPs, I think I understand where the difference might be coming from.

I am Ti, Se, Ni, Fe.
    You guys are Se, Ti, Fe, Ni.

It make sense that information from your dominant and auxillary functions would be passed on to your tertiary function before your inferior function.

So, sensory information affects your Fe before Ni, whereas it affects my Ni before my Fe.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Spirituality is non-existent to me - atheism is simply the nature of my being.

What does your reality "look" like and how do you experience it? What is "real" to you?
    Oh my! I mean, I think about stuff like this rather a lot, but never so directly (i.e. never thought to put my view of it into sentences and never been asked the question directly).

What is 'real' to me? Huh. Perhaps I'll just say I see many layers of reality. Obviously the first layer is the tangible things around me - physical objects, people and animals, the environment, and all of those tangible constructs. Then there's the reality of our intellectual/emotional plane - our thoughts, emotions, moods, and personalities/essences, and characteristics. Add to this our interactions on all levels. Then there's more of a metaphysical reality -- i.e. physics, the universe, universal laws and properties -- that are the foundation perhaps of the physical reality that we view (but then there's a lot of 'reality' that cannot be detected or viewed by us, due to properties that cannot be picked up by our sensing organs). Then even more branched out -- viewing even a bigger picture of it -- is what I deem the Ultimate Reality -- i.e. the Way Things Really Are. This is more nebulous, and is something that I cannot properly define because I cannot possibly ever receive all data points to be able to define it. This is when you tie in Time, the nature of the universe, what exactly is at the root of how/why all of it works as it does, and Life/Death, and what both mean. This would be the level that God(s)/Power, if existing, would reside.

(by the way, I am personally agnostic, bordering on atheistic)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ