User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did you go to graduation?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • To hell with graduation

25 36.23%
  • My Mom made me go

11 15.94%
  • I went for the lolz

7 10.14%
  • I genuinely wanted to go

26 37.68%
123 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Skipping graduation

How many of you skipped your High School, or University graduation and why?

I can understand that ceremonies kinda suck cause they're long and boring but this is your graduation. You worked hard for it! I'm thinking people who skip this are not proud of themselves for whatever reason.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    You worked hard for it!.
    Say what??

heart on fire

I skipped my high school graduation with pleasure. They called by mom and harassed her over and over trying to get her to force me to go. They "punished" me by losing my diploma for two days. It was in someone's car trunk.

I hated school and school hated me. I didn't want to waste the money on the stupid cap and gown, I didn't want to walk accross the stage with those people.

I worked that night.

I went to my college graduation, a whole different experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    You worked hard for it!
    So maybe that means I get to decide to go or not?

I'm thinking people who skip this are not proud of themselves for whatever reason.
    I didn't need to go through their ceremony to feel proud of myself. They didn't define me or my graduation experience, I got to define it by boycotting the ceremony and let them know it was their ceremony, not mine. I never felt like I belonged there and it was a relief the last day when I walked out, like leaving prison

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I thought it was the biggest waste of time ever. I told them weeks in advance- NO. NOT GOING. I don't know if they thought I was bluffing and would decide to go last minute, but they went from saying "ok" to acting like the sky was falling. My parents and my grandma put on this big mad/sad show of "you should go for us"... wtf? go for them? why? how is sitting for 3 hours, listening to the same canned speeches and watching 500+ people walk across a stage... important in any way? it's not. and given the ridiculous "qualifications" for graduating from high school... anyone can be handed a diploma. what is to be celebrated? oh- good job, you attended a required institution (unless you prefer jail or hiding out in the sticks) for four years and didn't eff up enough to get kicked out and/or flunk out. anyway, they made numerous threats, so, despite the fact that i had not brushed my hair in who-knows-how-long and threw on a dress from some sophomore dance (because when I went for the sweatshirt/slippers/pj ensemble more threats could be heard) and hadn't attended the rehearsal... you know, because by 18 we don't know how to walk in straight lines... they made me go and i hated every moment of it. pointless. completely pointless. mindless tradition. total. waste. of. time.

anyway, my thoughts on HS grad.

i should have chosen "my mom made me go" but "to hell with graduation" is so much more appropriate.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I wouldn't have for anything in the world, I enjoyed my graduation, and liked the people there, also I wasn't just walking for myself, I was walking for woman for whom seeing me do it was her dying wish.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram

My graduating class was 72 kids, we were allowed to wear whatever we wanted, and our march music was reggae-techno. Hell yeah I went, I went wearing a tophat and a tailcoat, white tie, white vest, and spats to match. It was great.

I'll probably go to my college graduation? If it ever comes.

Senior Member Just another ISTJ's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTP

I skipped out on my college graduation for an Associate's Degree, as it wasn't the end of my post-secondary "journey" if you will. That, and it was a workday.

When my Bachelor's Degree ceremony takes place though, I will most assuredly be there.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I thought it was awesome. It was like, all the petty high school stuff was instantly gone. I clapped for everybody, even the people I couldn't stand. It was like none of it mattered anymore. It was very cool.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Say what??
    Que?

I went, but I was not proud of myself. What would I be proud of? The fact that I was legally required to waste many years of my life listening to morons, or the fact that I put in so little effort that it took me 5 years to graduate? (I'm talking about high school.) Graduation was a complete bore, especially since I was originally a grade above everyone I graduated with.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson