User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did you go to graduation?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • To hell with graduation

25 36.23%
  • My Mom made me go

11 15.94%
  • I went for the lolz

7 10.14%
  • I genuinely wanted to go

26 37.68%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I guess I don't see the point of skipping it. My high school graduation was a disgustingly over-formalized affair, but that didn't stop me from having a very good time with my close friends.
    Not really.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Didn't attend high school graduation, and highly doubt I'll show up for the college one.

I hate ceremonies. Weddings, funerals, graduations.

I'll go to the 1st two to be supportive of people I care about, but if the graduation's primarily for me, well, I'm going to celebrate that day how I see fit...
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

High school - I went to cause we all did. It was not any sort of "accomplishment" though.

College- I went and was happy I made it through mechanical engineering. With my distraction problems 4 more years of relatively difficult schooling wasn't easy. But I enjoyed it and was happy I graduated. I was also pregnant at the time so we like to say that my oldest daughter graduated from college.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I attended for High School, the parents were very proud and I knew it meant a lot to them, because it was basically validation that they had done a terrific job with me [and they did]. But I do not intend to walk for college graduation. I want to find a job. Or maybe work for a year then hit up grad school. I like learning too much.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I didn`t go for high school because it meant nothing to me. (Almost) nobody drops out of high school these days. It`s like grade 8 `graduation`, useless.

I plan to go to my university grad in a few months. That actually means something (though not much, honestly).
    -end of thread-

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    How many of you skipped your High School, or University graduation and why?
    I went, took my paper and left. I wasn't very social type of person those days... and I didn't like to wear better clothes, and I didn't like how big a thing it was for my family (I mean, come on, High School is not hard. It makes me awkward when people are proud of me and I haven't done anything), and I was quite puzzled with the idea that now I really need to know what I want to do with my life. I'm still working on that problem.

MBTI
    INxJ

No reason to go. Ceremonies bore me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I never really cared about going and I didn't even think about it, either. I think what made me end up going is because, surprisingly, all of even my antisocial friends were going. So I thought, "What the hell?"

In retrospect, it was an amazing waste of time, just like high school. But, in that long thread of wasted time, why not have one big final waste of time laced with stupid formalities that I didn't even know existed (i.e., moving the tassel on that stupid hat to the other side)?

And the even funnier thing about graduation was that there was an actual rehearsal before the real thing. As if getting out of your seat and picking up your diploma was really that much of a chore.

I think it was the first time I had first-hand knowledge of how stupid societal traditions were. Dare I say it, it was more stupid and pointless than church.

On the bright side, I got lots of graduation money from relatives.

I didn't want to go to my high school graduation ceremony, but I did simply to avoid upsetting my family, specifically my mother. Perhaps if I had worked hard through high school and took it seriously I would have cared. But I didn't - I got something for nothing, so of course I wasn't appreciative.

But if I had caused my mother to miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take my picture at graduation, I would have never heard the end of it.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Never wanted to go. I always saw it as a way to extort money out of kids (and their parents of course) like the pushing of class rings and pictures etc....the "ceremony" was the ceremony industry looting your pockets annually! Plus I simply did not deserve to graduate. I didn't earn it. I even took my diploma back to administration and demanded a meeting with the principle on these grounds. I knew I hadn't earned it, why did they give it to me? They said "take it, it's paid for".
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king