First 567

Thread: Do you do this?

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Question for all people.

When you read someone's post or hear someone talk, do you feel the feelings they feel? Do you have emotional, physical reactions to other posters? There are some people whose posts I can't read because I get empty and tense in my back. I'm talking like -- it's OBVIOUS. Don't just think and try and give me a crazy guess. If it's not strong, just don't say anything.
    I can't accurately say I feel the very same emotions of another person, but I believe I'm very empathetic. If someone is distressed, on some level I can feel that. It's unpleasant, but at the same time it seems to bring those people comfort that someone else *gets* how they feel, at least to some degree.
    Fortunately that empathy is not only limited to the negative emotions experienced by others.

Follow up question: If yes, would you consider yourself sensitive?
    Well, I suppose in having said I'm deeply empathetic, that would probably imply I'm a fairly sensitive person... however I may not respond to it directly all the time. I think I'd drive myself crazy.

Follow up question: Are you uncomfortable with errors? Do you fix people's lives?
    I'd say I'm comfortable with my own errors to a degree. So long as I have learned from them. Other people's errors.. well.. I suppose it's relative. Yes & no. Mistakes are part of the learning process, I think. If someone I know keeps repeating the same mistakes constantly, yeah, it bugs me, and I'll try to guide them in the right direction.

Yes. I'm your neighborhood mental repairman. Love to fix lives. Or rather, show other people how to fix their own lives...
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

@blue: shut up.
    It's ok. I still love you. You can't help it.
    A few weeks ago, I started feeling physical stress in my body around people, as well as feelings. I brought it up to a friend and she verified it was what she was feeling, but I can't be sure. I also want to know how this is happening...am I 1) making this up? 2) reading body language, which I'm really good at or 3) feeling their feelings through some spooky psychic thing?

Also I'm pretty sensitive to things. Loud sounds scare the effin' crap out of me. I think it relates.
    Not sure that they are related. I'm a Highly Sensitive Person, allegedly. But I don't do the scary empathic/psychic stuff. I often have a hard time relating to the 'person' behind the text. It's just words on a page to me with most posters, unless they engage me by being amusing or particularly interesting.

In fact, I was thinking today when reading the "Jack Who?" thread that Victor might not be an actual person at all, he could well be a chatterbot ....then I started thinking about how to code a "Victor"....an alogical entity created entirely by logic....

Be glad you're not an NT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    In fact, I was thinking today when reading the "Jack Who?" thread that Victor might not be an actual person at all, he could well be a chatterbot ....then I started thinking about how to code a "Victor"....an alogical entity created entirely by logic....

Be glad you're not an NT.
    I had the same thought, and then I wrote a program called iVictor.

Now who's not NT?