Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I don't think sympathy = Fe or empathy = Fi. It's not that simple.
    No, but a good thumbnail sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Not on this site but on others, there are posters/blogs that feel like emotional black-holes and I avoid them like crazy.
    Hi.

When you read someone's post or hear someone talk, do you feel the feelings they feel? Do you have emotional, physical reactions to other posters?
    I do that irl so I'm guessing I would feel physical reactions strongly if I had developed a rapport with somebody online and they went through some hard times. They'd really have to go off the deep end though.

Follow up question: If yes, would you consider yourself sensitive?
    Yes.

Follow up question: Are you uncomfortable with errors? Do you fix people's lives?
    I'm not uncomfortable with errors. I have tried to fix others lives but gave up a long time ago.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't feel it, but i understand and know what he/she is feeling.

if i understand what they are feeling and i care about them i get an emotional response.
    If not, i laugh at them and irritate them further.
    or just mind my own business.

though not very sensitive, i'm definitely on the sensitive side.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Okay. Well. I'm thoroughly embarrassed. So, I'm not going to read this thread anymore. Thanks everyone.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I dont get why youd be embarrassed by it. Seriously sounds like a NF trait not NT but nothing to be embarrassed by imo.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It happens that people who are sensitive to this stuff get so overwhelmed that they rather not have to deal with it, and develop 'other preferences' to deal with life so I wouldn't be surprised if this impacted Edahn's MBTI type a bit. There's a moment when the amount of pain and sadness you're taking on board just makes you feel like the world can go jump off a cliff for all you care, as long as it leaves you alone, and you shut everything out and end up focussing on other things, in order to stay away from those experiences. Doesn't mean that the sensitivity goes away though. And Trinity is right, it's not something to be embarassed about
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    The other question remains, though, about whether you are feeling YOUR feelings in response, or feeling THEIR feelings. I really want to know.
    I think this is a great question.

I've mentioned elsewhere and don't feel like analyzing it here, but it's a primary reason I don't relate to the phrase 'taking on other peoples' feelings as your own' -- I think my feelings derive from my own self, and my own reactions to people or the overall emotional ambience surrounding me.

In real life I do think I pick up on peoples' emotional states - mostly from visual/behavioral cues - and am more sensitive in real life. But my earlier post in this thread does still encompass the whole internet forum/posting thing.

Edit: I added this into my first post, but wanted to elaborate a bit about the fixing lives thing -- I can't relate so much to fixing peoples' lives because I don't think it's in my power/ability to truly 'fix' their lives - only they can do that. I listen, I offer feedback at times, maybe some nudging, but attempts at direct fixing would in most cases be rejected anyway. I have in the past terminated a friendship because I could not deal anymore with her not fixing her own life, and continually (in my eyes) repeating the same things over and over again - I just had to extricate myself from the relationship.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I dont get why youd be embarrassed by it. Seriously sounds like a NF trait not NT but nothing to be embarrassed by imo.
    But??Whadya mean "but"?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Oh relax, I'm sure she meant 'and'
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

When you read someone's post or hear someone talk, do you feel the feelings they feel?

No. I can feel something (sometimes), but I won't pretend it's the same as they feel. Why should I?

Do you have emotional, physical reactions to other posters?

When people are funny, yes.

(I laugh)

And when I notice some pictures posted here.

Most of the time, I'm rather analytical.

Follow up question: If yes, would you consider yourself sensitive?

No.

(But I'd like to)

Follow up question: Are you uncomfortable with errors? Do you fix people's lives?

Yes, I dislike errors. But there's not a lot we can do to "fix" them. Rather, as a teacher, I try to make people discover new perspectives, new ideas, to stimulate their thoughts, their envies. It enhances them better than reminding them of their own failures.

Random questions: Are you obsessed with yourself? With your own mind?

Interested, yes. Obsessed, no.

But generally, even if I consider I can have a high opinion of myself, I'm more interested into others and the stories I might learn there, thanks to my surroundings. Maybe that's an Extroverted trait, I don't know?

I spend most of the time reading you, than reading myself. When I post something about me, well, it's only a way to "play fair" since everybody is doing the same thing.

I wasn't interested into MBTI as a way to better understand me, but as a way to better understand people, and how to quickly interact with them.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI