User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Do you do this?

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

When you read someone's post or hear someone talk, do you feel the feelings they feel?
    i tend to stay away from those posts...when i hear people talk..well, the only one that really gets my attention is the "i want to kill you" vibe, but i don't feel that back, i mostly think "o noooz".

Do you have emotional, physical reactions to other posters?
    ?

Follow up question: If yes, would you consider yourself sensitive?
    Follow up question: Are you uncomfortable with errors? Do you fix people's lives?

i'm uncomfortable with my errors...other people...no.

Random questions: Are you obsessed with yourself? With your own mind? I think MBTI does that to you. It sends you off into a thinking spiral.

psh, no. *stares deeply into mirror*
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

MBTI
    INTP

Wait, we're supposed to have feelings?
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Question for all people.

When you read someone's post or hear someone talk, do you feel the feelings they feel? Do you have emotional, physical reactions to other posters? There are some people whose posts I can't read because I get empty and tense in my back. I'm talking like -- it's OBVIOUS. Don't just think and try and give me a crazy guess. If it's not strong, just don't say anything.

Follow up question: Are you uncomfortable with errors? Do you fix people's lives?

_____

Random questions: Are you obsessed with yourself? With your own mind? I think MBTI does that to you. It sends you off into a thinking spiral.
    I never identify with someone as they are speaking. Upon reflection, or when I'm reading something that someone has written, I will often try to imagine myself in their position (according to the information available to me, including their stated beliefs, wishes, and circumstances), in an attempt to understand their perspective-its imperfect empathy (is there any other kind?), as my own personality will fill in the holes, and my personal perspective will always be much different from theirs. Its also at times an uncomfortable process, as I have to temporarily suspend my own beliefs and wishes in order to better understand them, leaving me temporarily alienated from my "self".

Needless to say, this is not something I customarily do in social situations-people often mistake this for stubborness or aloofness on my part, though in reality, attempts to empathize with others temporarily impedes both my judgement and my sense of "self", so I've learned not to try (beyond superficial levels) when I'm in the presence of others. By the same token, I often get extremely irritated by people who attempt to manipulate me through my capacity for empathy; after temporarily sacrificing my "self" in an attempt to understand them, it feels almost like a betrayal when I later realize they provided false or misleading information through which to do so, in order to get me on their side.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I feel anger at their stupidity?

Sometimes if someone shares an incredibly tragic story or something I have experienced, I will feel empathy.

But mostly anger.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Question for all people.

When you read someone's post or hear someone talk, do you feel the feelings they feel? Do you have emotional, physical reactions to other posters? There are some people whose posts I can't read because I get empty and tense in my back. I'm talking like -- it's OBVIOUS. Don't just think and try and give me a crazy guess. If it's not strong, just don't say anything.
    I don't do this. In fact, I never even considered the possibility.

The only errors I care about are logical errors, but if I try and correct someone's logic, and they don't listen, then I just move on.

I suppose so. I'm very introspective.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

garbage

I can usually pick up on how people are feeling from their posts, yeah. It's nothing I consciously choose to do, but I think it affects my response. Of course, I feel that I've been wrong at least a few times.. it's much easier to empathize with someone in real life, or at least in seeing or hearing them.

Overly so at times. I can typically see things from the other person's point of view, no matter how "wrong" they are, and that makes it hard to judge them if the situation has to call for it.

I give advice, but I don't expect it to be followed. I don't usually butt in and assert my will unless it gets really bad, though.

Errors? Like.. logical errors? I can point out inconsistencies in statements, yeah..

I always think about how I think. MBTI :steam:

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I am wary of group judgment and punishment because it has a clear and measured history of being flawed. It doesn't mean the individual who inspired the negative outburst isn't responsible, it means the group is using a response style that has a high degree of being false or exaggerated to the point of being false. I found that if there is a desire to punish a person, than reason has left the building. Desire must be irrelevant and problem solving in the forefront of the steps taken.

I agree with this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Good replies from everyone. Very interesting.

@blue: shut up.

@PeaceBaby and Toonia: I identified a lot with your posts, but not 100%. I can't stop fixing people, though.

@Sytpg: When I read a post by some people, I feel like I take on all the feelings and motivations that they have. I feel like I immediately understand where they're posting from and what their intent is. It helps me understand people, but I also don't like feeling certain things. Usually, anxiety, but also confrontational feelings. So I end up ignoring those people or situations.

A few weeks ago, I started feeling physical stress in my body around people, as well as feelings. I brought it up to a friend and she verified it was what she was feeling, but I can't be sure. I also want to know how this is happening...am I 1) making this up? 2) reading body language, which I'm really good at or 3) feeling their feelings through some spooky psychic thing?

Also I'm pretty sensitive to things. Loud sounds scare the effin' crap out of me. I think it relates.

MBTI
    xxxx

Question for all people.

No, I don't feel the emotions of the other person, but I tend to put myself in their position and can see the situation through their eyes. I seek out common ground to understand them.

I do have strong reactions to posts sometimes, specifically hate and prejudice make me angry, so I take advantage of the ignore feature.

I don't consider myself sensitive, I am observant and intuitive though.

Yeah, I do make the effort to try and help someone fix their problems. I'm not pushy about it though, if I make a suggestion and someone doesn't listen that's fine by me. Sometimes people have to make their own mistakes, I can't do that for them.

MBTI
    ISFJ

When I read a post by some people, I feel like I take on all the feelings and motivations that they have. I feel like I immediately understand where they're posting from and what their intent is. It helps me understand people, but I also don't like feeling certain things. Usually, anxiety, but also confrontational feelings. So I end up ignoring those people or situations.

A few weeks ago, I started feeling physical stress in my body around people, as well as feelings. I brought it up to a friend and she verified it was what she was feeling, but I can't be sure. I also want to know how this is happening...am I 1) making this up? 2) reading body language, which I'm really good at or 3) feeling their feelings through some spooky psychic thing?
    Well I can relate a bit then. It's empathy, pure and simple. I feel like understand the motivations behind a post and I can put myself in their shoes. I dislike conflict which I know won't lead to anywhere, though, so I refrain from addressing some posts every now and then, myself.

Actually feeling bad...a sad story will make me feel sad to a certain extent, yes. If your dog was run over I'm not going to cry over it, though, but I understand your pain.

I understand the pleasure derived from harmless façades so you don't need to tell me your type, but do you actually know your four letter code or what?