User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Question Crutches = Attractive?

Last summer I had knee surgery for a running injury, and I went from running 10km for breakfast to hobbling everywhere on crutches. I had to visit the hospital for a post op, and I have never been hit on so many times in my life.

I was not wearing any makeup, I was in my comfy gym sweats, ponytail, lowest maintenance possible. I would chalk it up to strangers being considerate of a hobbling person, but in the 5 hours I spent downtown, I ended up with lunch invitations and guys asking for me number or giving me theirs so "I could call if I needed help with anything like lifting or carrying."

SUMMARY: What is it about crutches or some perceived weaknesses that could motivate this? Is it the damsel in distress thing?
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkleToes View Post
    Is it the damsel in distress thing?
    They probably figured that you would take notice of them feeling sorry for you, and they figured it would give them a higher chance of getting into your pants if you appreciated them feeling sorry. If I see someone in crutches I say "that sucks, how did that happen?" but nothing more. It doesn't do anything for my attraction at all really.

So yes, damsel in distress thing it is.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISTJ

Is it the damsel in distress thing?

DEFINITELY because of damsel in distress! I bet you even had ISTJ's hitting on you! I know I probably would have, at least, just to get a lunch date or something!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Another proposition, could it be the "she looks like a sad, broken mess, I'll have a higher probability with her because it looks like her life sucks more than my self confidence" thing?
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    ISTJ

Another proposition, could it be the "she looks like a sad, broken mess, I'll have a higher probability with her because it looks like her life sucks more than my self confidence" thing?

If I got that vibe from you, I would more than likely just try to be your friend, nothing more.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Aw man, as someone who is incredibly accident prone and has broken my foot two times in the past two years, I have seen this kind of attention, too.

I will ask for help from my friends but I don't like the serious attention from strangers. I spent a year of my life in a wheelchair and another year is leg braces and I react really badly to anyone making me feel handicapped in any way.

Also SJs love damsels in distress, which is why I have never had a healthy relationship with an SJ. I ain't ever gonna be anyone's damsel in distress.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Wow I broke my foot and I didn't see this! Maybe I'm too tall to be a damsel in distress.

MBTI
    INFP

You were probably hit on more often because crutches, like dogs, are a conversation piece, making you more approachable.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Wow I broke my foot and I didn't see this! Maybe I'm too tall to be a damsel in distress.
    I know how you feel, having broken my ankle and hobbled around for a few days with crutches, I didn't get any propositions so missed out on my chance to use my crutches as a weapon.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    You were probably hit on more often because crutches, like dogs, are a conversation piece, making you more approachable.
    i also think this is why ^