27 32.53%
  • No preference

34 40.96%
First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Comment from Noah upon reading my "short guys might be hot in bed" comment:

"You play a 33 on 45 and everything starts sounding like The Chipmunks. And there is nothing arousing about that."
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    But it got me to thinking, my friends always tell me I'm being paranoid when I say I hate being tall, but paranoia like this doesn't just come out of nowhere right? it comes out of knowing already, what I stumbled across in that thread, that guys generally prefer shorter women.
    A response from someone who's 5'2:

I'd be surprised if the majority of guys preferred short girls over the tall ones. Many whom I know seem to be naturally geared towards females who are relatively close to their height, not someone who's significantly shorter. While numerous women have concerns about their weight, I'm one of the few who have the short-complex, which has lasted well throughout my adolescent years. I remember as I child that I'd be secretly envious of my sister and male cousins who were growing beyond my stature. The concerns and bitterness have completely worn off nowadays, but that doesn't get rid of the status of being 'travel-sized', 'cute' and 'cuddly' compared to my 5'8/5'10+ female friends. Some petite women may defend their position by stating, "it's all in the matter of attitude" and then go onto equating 'confidence' with loving yourself. I disagree. Indeed, attitude is the key to coping, however, I don't need to "love" nor even slightly like any personal qualities to peacefully tolerate who I am and become secure about my identity. My ambitious nature and philosophy of resilience encourages me to work with what I have, yet if given the chance, I'd gladly exchange my height with you any day, BerberElla. On the other hand, several of my petite friends & relatives LOVE being short. They like the feeling of being feminine and dainty. And I, myself, like having physical freedom and to quote 93JC, "mmm, legs."

Back to the question. You're 100% right. Paranoia (in general) doesn't come out of thin air. Find the source of the paranoia and discover ways to meet the demands in different areas. Judging from this thread, does your height issues mostly stem from dating concerns?

It's humorous how often I run into short women who want to be taller and tall women who want to be shorter. Seems like a divine practical joke.

(For the record, I usually prefer tall women and men, yet I willing to date a woman/man who's near my height. Though the majority of my infatuations mostly happen to be slender and tall, height is only a tiny factor compared to other degrees of attractiveness -- such as face, voice, skin/hair color, body type, style, character, quirks, musical ability, intellect, etc. I honestly don't recall being attracted to someone mainly based on their height.)
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

2 girls walked up to me at a party one day and said

"how tall are you"

I tell them and they say

"good job you're prolly the shortest one here which means you can f*ck any guy in the room."

i'm like "oh?"

"yea, except our boyfriends. can we adopt you?"

Its great to be short!!!!! lots of sex! new friends!

short gals ftw yayy!!!!!

(sorry, minor esfp outburst. Goes back to being serious.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    I was apprehensive because you are from Kansas but you are the Kwisatz Haderach.

Too bad I have an INTP of my own.
    It's ok, I was born in Texas.

Oh wait.... that makes things worse, doesn't it?
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENTJ

For the record, although excluding all other factors, I prefer 'tallies', I am also completely open to shorties, especially if they specialize in kickassery in other threads.

*stage-winks at Costrin*
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    For the record, although excluding all other factors, I prefer 'tallies', I am also completely open to shorties, especially if they specialize in kickassery in other threads.

*stage-winks at Costrin*
    *insert comment here*

See, ladies? I'm so smooth that I allow you to pick what you want me to say!
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    I

I voted for shorties, although its not a landslide.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I'm attracted to guys who are significantly taller than me. I'm 5'4, and 6'4 to 7 foot is very attractive to me.

Most of the guys i have dated have also preferred to DATE short girls, but they always lust over the tall long legged ones!

I wish i was tall, all the women in my family are 5'10 and over except for my mother and me.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm 5'7". I prefer males around the same height as me or shorter. I feel uneasy around men who are taller than me, like say around 6'. And that's probably because I've been a abused a lot in my life by taller men. I hate the feeling of being physically overpowered.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

i actually have a preference for patty cake, but I selected "no preference".
    i am 5.4 so i don't have much of a choice. tall women don't even see me.

but it's a technical problem if i cant handle a woman, literally.
    has nothing to do with anything like self consciousness.