34 40.96%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I'm approximately 5'11.5 to 5'11, and... quite well-built/big boned. Prefer a woman of medium height (5'5 to 5'8), but I'm after the figure more than I pay attention to height.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm 6' tall and my gf is 5'2". I think she's funny and cute, and her personality is definitely bigger than that. I've really never thought height was that big of a deal. I think it would be odd to look up to my gf, just because I've never had to before but I don't think it is even remotely a dealbreaker. Although I like to carry her around and I can't see how that would be easier if she was tall.

I'm 5'3 (and a half!) and I've dated guys as short as 5'4 to as tall as 6'3. It's never mattered much to me. The current boyfriend is about 5'9-5'10.

Shorter or taller than that? I dunno what to think. I've yet to be asked out by someone extremely short or extremely tall, but I can't see it being a deal-breaker since I only date people I really care about.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I voted short. Short is cute.

I'm 5'8, and sort of uncomfortable with my height. I think the main reason it bothers me is that my family constantly told me I was going to be really tall when I was a kid.

Well, I'm also bothered by it because women seem to have a problem with dating guys shorter than themselves. So, it would be nice to lower the odds of running into that problem.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Well..for me, it really comes down to the individual, it's hard for me to make preferences as there are always exceptions..

But..I voted on the short side, but not too short, I guess...I'm only 5'7" right now, and will probably grow to around 6'0" when I'm fully grown..but I'm open to anything, really.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

I like tall and slender. (Not stickish, I still want some T and A.) I like it so much that I wouldn't even care if the woman was taller than me, but that hardly ever happens. I'm 5'10''. LLLEEEEGGGS. My gf is 5'8''.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    I like tall and slender. (Not stickish, I still want some T and A.) I like it so much that I wouldn't even care if the woman was taller than me, but that hardly ever happens. I'm 5'10''. LLLEEEEGGGS. My gf is 5'8''.
    Hmm..I have a 6'0 friend who'd probably be right up your alley.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I think I read somewhere (though I can't remember if this is remembered exactly accurately, so don't quote me) that the longest lasting couples are made up of two partners who have about the same height, with the male generally being about 2.5" taller than the female. This fits my personal experience; my 2 longest relationships were with a guy who was 5'8" and now with my current boyfriend, who is 5'9". (I'm 5'7") I wonder if in the very tall guy/short women relationships there's more of a temptation to cheat because more people are finding them physically attractive? Pure conjecture, obviously.

Oh yeah, and I definitely remember that societies whose height difference between men and women is greater than the height difference between men and women in other societies practiced polygamy, in the distant past, to a greater extent than the societies where this height difference is smaller. Don't ask me how or why this happened!
    Interesting!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Honestly I've discovered that most men who like short girls, like short girls out of a need to dominate.
    I highly doubt that you have sufficient data to legitimately make that claim.

Oh and...

All four and a half feet of me

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Well, I'm a short, straight girl

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I'm 5'2 1/2"

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    i'm 5'0, and like tall guys.

Yeah, I think my preference is clear. But it has absolutely nothing to do with a "need to dominate." If anything, I'm too far in the other direction most of the time.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTJ

Oops I thought the poll was directed at both sexes so I answered it. I like tall dudes but I'm a straight woman so I'm sorry for skewing the results. Der, me.

My bf is exactly one foot taller than me. I likes it. A lot.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker