22 26.51%
  • I like em long and leggy

27 32.53%
  • No preference

34 40.96%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Wow, I never get tired of these questions. I appreciate the aesthetic beauty of the human body too much.

More than height I like body types. The first guy I had a crush on (middle school!) was not really tall (I mean, we're were all in the throes of puberty) and maybe 1 or 2 inches taller than me, but he was lanky. Lanky can be hot.

For women, I've said this elsewhere but I prefer well-built and well-proportioned women who are at least as tall and preferably taller and stockier than me. I'm 5'7 and 130 pounds. I want someone who can throw me over their shoulder and carry me 1/4 mile in case of a natural disaster. I've dated women like that. Hot!

Considering I am not a petite or short woman myself, I also have a history of being attracted to and dating women who not just shorter and more petite than me, they are short and petite, period - and evenly or athletically proportioned.

My first girlfriend was at least 5'11 and wore size 13 men's shoes. The last woman I dated seriously was maybe 5'3 and wore women's petite size 2 work shirts.

Then again, swagger is an attitude and something you exude from the inside of you, irrespective of physical reality.

So the answer to the OP is both?

I'mma list my range too - 5'3 - 6'2 --> Taller than that, and I have to crane my neck up and it gets awkward to interact

I wear flats with shorter dates and heels with taller ones as an equalizer.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm around 6'2" or something like that. I don't really have a preference, as long as she's not a midget or giant -- AKA something abnormal and deformed.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I haven't dated anyone shorter than I (I'm 5'6", about 114-115 lbs), but it's interesting...there seems to be a pattern in that chemistry-wise I end up being most attracted to guys who are about 5'8"ish (but the bad thing then is that I end up not liking to wear heels because I don't want to be taller than them). Something about the body type....
    I think I read somewhere (though I can't remember if this is remembered exactly accurately, so don't quote me) that the longest lasting couples are made up of two partners who have about the same height, with the male generally being about 2.5" taller than the female. This fits my personal experience; my 2 longest relationships were with a guy who was 5'8" and now with my current boyfriend, who is 5'9". (I'm 5'7") I wonder if in the very tall guy/short women relationships there's more of a temptation to cheat because more people are finding them physically attractive? Pure conjecture, obviously.

Oh yeah, and I definitely remember that societies whose height difference between men and women is greater than the height difference between men and women in other societies practiced polygamy, in the distant past, to a greater extent than the societies where this height difference is smaller. Don't ask me how or why this happened!

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Damn you shorties. :steam: lol

Yeah, I figured my height put some guys off because it made them feel less macho, but what sucks is that is pretty similiar to why I want a tall guy, since I don't like feeling macho, which happens far too often at my height.
    Exactly. Most women want their man to be more macho than them, and this usually includes feeling that the man is physically stronger than the woman. Height plays into this. I've had shorter men go after me but I'm just not attracted to them because next to them I feel like I'm the man; that doesn't make me feel good and I want to feel good with my partner!

I say to myself that I could deal with a man who was 2" shorter than me, and that would be my limit, but even then I wonder if this is just a result of me frequently wearing very high heels. I'm used to being taller than my boyfriend as a result of that, and maybe that's the only reason I'd feel it might be ok. If it was on a purely biological basis, I'm not sure I would go for a man who was 2" shorter than me when I'm not wearing heels.
    I like heels, and anyone I go out with needs to be okay with that, although my boyfriend much prefers me to wear flats. I had a whole relationship with one guy where I wasn't allowed to wear heels. That made me feel like I was a freak for being 'too tall' at 5'7".

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    i'm 5'0, and like tall guys. I don't think short is a deal breaker, but shorter guys have a disadvantage in my eyes. My guy is 6'2.
    Haha you are short and sweet.
    R[a]ngl[e]r

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I'm 5'9'', so, average. I don't really think I care about height, except strong extreme in shortness or tallness.

Most of my gf's have been in the 5'5''-5'9'' range, I think. There was one who didn't want to wear heels (5'9'') because then she "would have been taller than me". I though that was a ridiculous stereotypical societal preconception, and eventually we broke up because she was too tied to this type of stereotypes for me to handle. Any woman talking about "a guy should be X inches taller-shorter than me" gets a -1000000 in my book.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I had a whole relationship with one guy where I wasn't allowed to wear heels. That made me feel like I was a freak for being 'too tall' at 5'7".

Me too, my ex husband couldn't stand me wearing heels because with them I became taller than him, we were the same height if I wore no heels.

He felt emasculated lol so I stuck to flats. It actually took me a while to get used to wearing heels again, good work out though.

I feel sexy in heels, I find heels sexy, I so want to meet a man who is tall enough that I can wear heels without him being insecure about it.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

I'm 5' 3" and I never really got the whole thing of wanting a guy to be that much taller than you. I get tired of craning my neck up. I tend to most naturally be attracted to guys 5'5" to 5'10", though being 6 feet isn't a dealbreaker or anything.

I don't mind short guys, but one time a guy who was 5'1" or so wanted to date me, and it was strange, because I really had to think whether I could do that or not. I mean, if you're 5'10" and can't wear heels without being taller than your guy, that's one thing, but it's strange to be 5'3" and have the same problem. I'm not sure I would have a problem being taller than a guy in heels, but I would be annoyed if he told me not to wear heels.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP

i hate when guys have this weird fascination/obsession with short girls. i mean....they remind me of midgets or 3rd graders. how can you take someone whos 5 feet and 90 lbs seriously? haha

im 5'7, almost 5'8 and ive usually only dated guys who were 6' and above. not for that reason, but its just something that ends up being. i wouldnt date a short guy...i tried and it was just too awkward. i like feeling at the same level with someone in a lot of ways; which is why id prefer someone whos 5'10, 5'11. guys taller than that tend to be obnoxious about it and start calling me shortie and act all triumphant. wtf? im not short. just because im shorter than you doesnt mean anything. -__-
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've thought a lot about this. I'm relatively tall (5-10) and like average sized guys (around the same height as me.) My brothers are both 6-4 and I liked the look of tall guys when I was growing up. The only catch, I think, is that tall people are used to being tall and thats why you will usually find tall girls with average guys (same height) and tall guys often end up with short girls.

I think we are used to it. I wouldn't know what to do if I had to look "up" to a guy. I like being able to wrap my arms around a guys shoulders.

When I would meet a guy I would think was "cute" my step mom would ask how tall he was. I never had any idea.

There is a couple at my church where the woman is about 2 inches taller than him. I think she is about 5-11? How hot is that. He has guts and she saw past what people are "supposed" to like.

Of course, I might not be a normal segment of the population. My dad is 6-2 and my mom is 5-11. My sister is 5-10 and likes to put 5-11 on her facebook. My brothers, as I said, are 6-4. I really wanted to be 7 foot tall when I was a kid. My sister and I both own 4" heels. I don't wear them as much anymore because it sorta freaks people out.

I used to ask really tall people how tall they were and fawn over them until I found out some people don't like being tall. That's unbelievable to me, really. It is so awesome being tall, you should enjoy it! Is there a spank emote?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    i hate when guys have this weird fascination/obsession with short girls. i mean....they remind me of midgets or 3rd graders. how can you take someone whos 5 feet and 90 lbs seriously? haha

im 5'7, almost 5'8 and ive usually only dated guys who were 6' and above. not for that reason, but its just something that ends up being. i wouldnt date a short guy...i tried and it was just too awkward. i like feeling at the same level with someone in a lot of ways; which is why id prefer someone whos 5'10, 5'11. guys taller than that tend to be obnoxious about it and start calling me shortie and act all triumphant. wtf? im not short. just because im shorter than you doesnt mean anything. -__-
    Hey there Mitzy. I like tall girls and happen to be the right height for you, a few inches under 6. But your out of luck because I already have my hands full right now with 7 other babes (4 of them high-maintenance) and dont really have time for another one. But if you want to sign up, Ill put you on my waiting list.
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    arthur rimbaud