First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'm a 6ft woman... it makes me uncomfortable to feel like a giant (which I do most of the time). I even seem to be taller than most men so I begin to really feel like a freak. I avoid heels as much as possible and bend my knees in group photos - anything to diminish the disparity (pun unintended ). I'm not insanely insecure about my height or anything but it can make you feel very unfeminine to be a tall woman ....
    I hear ya, sister.

I hate not being able to wear heels, and I hate not being able to be on "eye level" of the majority of my friends when we talk. I know that slouching is not a great solution, it just makes one look worse, but I usually sit down if I can or lean against something so that I can drop my height a few inches.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I hear ya, sister.

I hate not being able to wear heels, and I hate not being able to be on "eye level" of the majority of my friends when we talk. I know that slouching is not a great solution, it just makes one look worse, but I usually sit down if I can or lean against something so that I can drop my height a few inches.
    Slouching is definitely the worst thing you can do. It makes you look insecure and immediately more unattractive. I used to do it because I wanted to hide, but realised it just made me more noticeable and not in a good way. Taller girls should stride with pride!

I was pondering over the situation of why so many shorter men seem to go for taller women, considering that most men of average to tall height evidently prefer women who are shorter than them. I imagine it's because they want to 'boost' their genes, so that their offspring will be taller than them, particularly if they want sons.

Another weird thing... People seem to be getting taller with each generation. My friends' mums are all varying sizes of petite, but I don't know anyone of my age beneath 5'4" (and most are about my height). People always say "better nutrition blahdeblah", but I'm sure that's not the main reason, especially because there's so much poor nutrition around now.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Slouching is definitely the worst thing you can do. It makes you look insecure and immediately more unattractive. I used to do it because I wanted to hide, but realised it just made me more noticeable and not in a good way. Taller girls should stride with pride!
    Yeah, I used to try and compact my body as well to look smaller, but I had friends who told me to not do that. It takes some time to get used to living in one's body and feel proud of it, if it's one that isn't part of the 'norm.'

Instead, I try to draw people to my face, which I like and feel comfortable with, and forget the rest.

It seems that acting self-conscious is worse than the thing I'm self-conscious about.

I was pondering over the situation of why so many shorter men seem to go for taller women, considering that most men of average to tall height evidently prefer women who are shorter than them. I imagine it's because they want to 'boost' their genes, so that their offspring will be taller than them, particularly if they want sons.
    haha, I can picture that cartoon now -- the woman with a thought bubble of "Wow, he must find me attractive!" and him thinking, "Wow, my sons will be tall!"

Another weird thing... People seem to be getting taller with each generation. My friends' mums are all varying sizes of petite, but I don't know anyone of my age beneath 5'4" (and most are about my height). People always say "better nutrition blahdeblah", but I'm sure that's not the main reason, especially because there's so much poor nutrition around now.
    I think the higher calorie intake of many diets coupled with ADEQUATE nutrition -- not necessarily great nutrition -- is helping. Also, there has been some discussion over growth hormones being used in meat somehow filtering in the human food supply but I don't know much about it.

I am taller than my mom and my dad, as will my kids be. It does seem like the generations are getting bigger.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I'm average for a girl (5'4"), but among my extended family, this makes me the tallest female! (My brother is now 5'11" and he's a giant at family functions.) So I'm not particularly used to feeling short. You tall gals should own it! I would totally love being like, 5'6"-5'10. Less having to hem pants = epic win.

As for dating preference, I don't know, I've never really spent much attention to it. I don't think I'd date a guy where I'd get a crick in my neck talking to him though. I am also not so enamored with the wearing of heels except for special occasions.

My male cousin is 5'5" and he told me he's definitely gotten the tall-female attention before.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm about two inches taller than my father in law. My husband is 1 inch taller than me. It actually entertains my FIL that I'm taller. I think he is just built that way though, nothing really phases him, he takes things in stride.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Some women look good tall, some look good average, and some look good as tall.
    It's just a matter of proportions, really. And the sex... The best I've had wasn't with a short girl, she is about as tall as I am. Aproximately 5'9 and very fit.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I'm a petite straight lady, I think tall women who wear heels are super hot! It shows so much confidence! I have an instant amount of respect for a woman over 5'8" in heels when they walk into a room.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Short or Tall?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I'm average for a girl (5'4"), but among my extended family, this makes me the tallest female! (My brother is now 5'11" and he's a giant at family functions.) So I'm not particularly used to feeling short. You tall gals should own it! I would totally love being like, 5'6"-5'10. Less having to hem pants = epic win.
    Oh, you think the clothing problem goes away with height do you?

Almost all the clothes I own don't fit me properly. Going shopping is a nightmare for me because when I see something I like, inevitably it doesn't fit. Lets face it, you can take in clothes, I can't make them longer

Also, tallness comes with giant clodhopper feet. Not particularly elegant. I'm size 11, which also makes finding shoes rather difficult.

You should work your lovely feminine petiteness, girl.

Dali

Tall girls are hideous.

I get a real freakshow-esque Lurch from Addam's Family vibe about them.

I kid.

I'm 6'4" and there's something very sexy about being able to look a woman in the eye... or just slightly below eye-level. So, strap on those heels, ladies.