First 234

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    What do you think? is txt spk ere 2 sty?
    What you will have to take into consideration is the fact that these kids are less able to accurately express their thoughts and feelings in words. The more you shorten and simplify something, the more "broad" the terms tend to get.
    Instead of saying "GTFO" (whatever that means) when thoughts #1, #2 and #3 occurs, you will have two or three words or phrases for each of the thoughts. That might be an extreme analogy, but I have found that while the youth of today seem to be able to communicate fast, they are generally terrible at doing so accurately.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    What you will have to take into consideration is the fact that these kids are less able to accurately express their thoughts and feelings in words. The more you shorten and simplify something, the more "broad" the terms tend to get.
    Instead of saying "GTFO" (whatever that means) when thoughts #1, #2 and #3 occurs, you will have two or three words or phrases for each of the thoughts. That might be an extreme analogy, but I have found that while the youth of today seem to be able to communicate fast, they are generally terrible at doing so accurately.
    Agreed, I for one would be sad to see the richness of language narrowed down to txt speak, I was just thinking that the youth of today are the adults of tomorrow and their language skills seem to be dwindling down to a point where clear expression matters not.

I mean my younger siblings have abysmal literacy skills, and it's not just them, go to my space and see just how pervasive text speak is becoming.

If there is one thing I intend to do, it's make sure my children can communicate their thoughts with clarity that can only come from a wider language selection.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't think very highly of people who use that sort of thing. They are almost invariably poor at describing things and difficult to communicate with.

I think there will always be inarticulate people with no interest in communication who only learn what they have to in order to get by, and those who go a step further. I feel unfortunate for having had to contend with the former, and have always wished there were more of the latter.

That said, I understand some of it, but I don't use it because I don't like it.