User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: how come?

Riva

Default how come?

'SOMETIMES' when i want to desperately see the logic behind a certain occurrence i cannot do so when i am alone?
    but when i try to explain it to someone else, trying to see whether he/she could figure it out i, myself find the solution as if it's as simple as saying my name?
    is it an Extroverted thing?
    does introverts have the same issue?

I assume that INTPs do not have this issue(comparatively), since they have the patience to concentrate on a subject long enough till they come up with the answer.

and i doubt that it is the lack of patience to think long and hard, because when i try to explain it to someone else the answer just flows out of me. like Ahaaaaaaaaaa.

so it can't be the lack of patience to think right? because i just CAN'T move on and do something else without finding a solution to a question.

and besides how could it be called a lack of patience,if the question could not be solved by thinking for 1 hour(seriously, sometimes even more than that) but could be answered in 5 seconds when someone else is listening?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Your type is ENTP, right? It's probably an Ne thing. This happens to me sometimes too, but naturally, not as often.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ISTP

is it an Extroverted thing?
    Most likely.

Usually Iíve got something figured out before I speak about it. If not, I usually find the answer by listening to othersí ideas than by formulating it myself while speaking. Like Costrin said, itís probably your dominant Ne.

I get it occasionally. I just need to bounce ideas off people and even if they don't understand a word I say, it seems to break the deadlock. Maybe even the act of saying the things or hearing them out loud, gives a new insight. And also talking to someone seems to reinvigorate my interest in the problem, which is probably a big part.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancreas View Post
    Most likely.

Usually Iíve got something figured out before I speak about it. If not, I usually find the answer by listening to othersí ideas than by formulating it myself while speaking. Like Costrin said, itís probably your dominant Ne.
    Yeh, also when I start discussing things my mind gets into a comfort zone. I think it is Ne's home territory, as people see with ENTPs and debating. The idea of challenging and discussing ideas in the external world, sort of kicks your mind into gear.
    Freude, sch√∂ner G√∂tterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Br√ľder, Wo dein sanfter Fl√ľgel weilt.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I get it occasionally. I just need to bounce ideas off people and even if they don't understand a word I say, it seems to break the deadlock. Maybe even the act of saying the things or hearing them out loud, gives a new insight. And also talking to someone seems to reinvigorate my interest in the problem, which is probably a big part.

Same here, I think better sometimes when I have a wall to bounce things off of, or I get to hear other peoples take on it.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    dude this is exactly what i was trying to say. lol - bounce ideas off others. piss them off to sometimes and confuse them. some people hardly understand me, but that doesn't matter. what matters is that i understand it.lol

so i guess that is a extroverted thing. or most probably Ne thing. (inclined on Ne)

but unfortunately i still didn't get the answer to my original question.

(1)WHY? why do i have to say it out loud to someone else. or as you said - BOUNCE IDEAS OFF OTHERS? what does it have got to do with Ne? or Extroverts.

(2)and there is another thing. if it is a Ne thing, i think INTJs use Ne, cus my INTJ friend has the same issue. since according to Socionics INTJs use Ne, does it conclude that socionics is more accurate?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Your type is ENTP, right? It's probably an Ne thing. This happens to me sometimes too, but naturally, not as often.
    yes. like i said it could happen to anyone. but an INTP has the patience to sit down and think until he comes up with an answer unlike an extrovert.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancreas View Post
    Most likely.

no way, i never want to find an answer by listening to someone else's idea. i feel defeated if i can't comeup with an answer but someone else could.

garbage

I do it, too, all the time. It's an extroversion thing, possibly tied to Ne. Type Talk and other books point to this as a major difference between strong introverts and strong extroverts.

As far as why it occurs? I guess it comes with extroversion (or in exercising an extroverted function like Ne) and its need to interact with the outside world. I've noticed that INTJs are less prone to this phenomenon than INTPs when it comes to implementing or shaping ideas..

As one recent example, I was stuck on a software engineering assignment, until my partner was there and I was just able to talk out my thought process. The code just flowed from my fingers after that, without him needing to do anything but sit there.

I also recall at least a few instances where someone I'm talking to had to repeat my words back to me in order for me to realize what I thought about something or someone.

It only sucks when the person you're talking to treats your outward thought process as your conclusions when it was really just a train of thought

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    (2)and there is another thing. if it is a Ne thing, i think INTJs use Ne, cus my INTJ friend has the same issue. since according to Socionics INTJs use Ne, does it conclude that socionics is more accurate?
    Nah, a socionics INTj is different than an MBTI INTJ. Could be their extroverted thinking talking.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

(1)WHY? why do i have to say it out loud to someone else. or as you said - BOUNCE IDEAS OFF OTHERS? what does it have got to do with Ne? or Extroverts.
    Well, Ne gathers information from the external world. It picks up ideas, and follows the tangents to other ideas, and releases these ideas to the world, which changes the world, and then it reads the new situation for ideas, follows the tangents from those, ad infinitum.

Well, I'm TiNe in either system, so I'm INTj.

yes. like i said it could happen to anyone. but an INTP has the patience to sit down and think until he comes up with an answer unlike an extrovert.
    Well, its not quite that I have the patience, it's just that my Ti is better at discerning what missing piece of the puzzle looks like for my Ne to find. This doesn't tax my patience at all. It would for you though, because your dominant is Ne.

no way, i never want to find an answer by listening to someone else's idea. i feel defeated if i can't comeup with an answer but someone else could.
    Sounds like Ne to me.

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    As one recent example, I was stuck on a software engineering assignment, until my partner was there and I was just able to talk out my thought process. The code just flowed from my fingers after that, without him needing to do anything but sit there.
    Ya, I think it can happen for all extroverted functions. This sounds like Te in use to me. Your extroverting your logic, the steps you have to do. At least, I assume.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

dude this is exactly what i was trying to say. lol - bounce ideas off others. piss them off to sometimes and confuse them. some people hardly understand me, but that doesn't matter. what matters is that i understand it.lol

so i guess that is a extroverted thing. or most probably Ne thing. (inclined on Ne)

but unfortunately i still didn't get the answer to my original question.

If INTJs do it, then it might even be a dominant intuitive thing. I think the idea is to get more information. Intuition is highly dependent on having enough information to see the answer or go on tangents to find an alternative way of seeing the answer. So if you don't have enough information, I suppose it drives you to search for it. Or at least break this deadlock by seeing one part sounds stupid, or another sounds favourable.

A bit like when you play sudoku and you have one of those ones that you can't solve without a guess. Talking is like taking that guess and seeing what happens. It helps you play out the scenario more easily to see if it is plausible. Once you know either way the deadlock is broken.

I'm still not sure why I see its plausibility better when I talk about it though. Sometimes things aren't that obvious until I speak them and hear how stupid they sound.
    Freude, sch√∂ner G√∂tterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Br√ľder, Wo dein sanfter Fl√ľgel weilt.