User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Question: Where do you all find the time?

Hi Everyone!

I've been trying to read most of the posts here. I have to wonder, is it just me? Cause I really do not have time to post replies or comments on here as much as most of you. I want to know, where do you all find the time.

I'm an introvert and I really don't go out that much, so what happened to my time? Am I that slow of a reader that I just can't keep up with everyone? I like listening and reading everyone's thoughts and opinions, although I probably don't agree with all of you. But everytime that I can find time to post something, the post is old.

Maybe I'm still just shy, I am scared of rejection and maybe that's what's really keeping me from posting. I'm trying to overcome that by maybe, in the next week or so making a blog for you all to read about me. I have a lot of insecurities that I need to overcome and I thought there is no better place to help me overcome that than mbti central. You all speak your mind, sometimes a bit too much but I know it's all in good fun...

Thank you for being patient with me as I ramble on. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong. I work Mondays to Fridays as a medical office assistant. I do have internet at work, I admit, it is hard for me to post at work since mostly I have so much work and people interrupting me all the time. When I get home, I make dinner, surf the net and read posts on this site, but yet I don't post anything. You can ask pt, I have lots of opinions. What's stopping me from posting even one post a day?

If you can at all help me out by telling me how you manage to do it, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

and pt hasn't been able to give you any answers? he's usually full of answers... that's scary...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well...first question, do you want to post more? Post counts alone are a completely useless indicator of the quality of the contribution an individual makes, so don't feel compelled to click 'reply' if you don't feel the need. Secondly, do you find yourself typing replies and then backing out of submitting them?

If you do want to post more, perhaps try creating threads of your own (like this!) - a blog sounds like a great idea on this front, and will give you space to air your thoughts in a semi-controlled environment. As far as 'coming to the party late' is concerned, don't worry about it; most of the responses in any given thread will probably be frivolous crap, so we'll appreciate it if you post your thoughts, however 'late' you might feel they are. The strength of any forum comes from the variety of the members and the views that they can offer - fresh posts are the lifeblood, so you'll be helping us all out

Another option is to generate some deep inner annoyance towards a particular type of post - you'll then find yourself typing a response before you've even noticed yourself moving to the keyboard.

Alternatively, you could always head to the fluff zone and post mindless one-liners/pseudo-intellectual bullshit all day. But I wouldn't recommend that approach.

Good luck!
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    and pt hasn't been able to give you any answers? he's usually full of answers... that's scary...
    No, he's be unable to give me answers. Unfortunately, living with him, I know where he gets his time, he's a very hard worker at work...really, he is.

Plus, he types and reads even faster, he logs on before, inbetween and after everything he does (and I mean everything - work, dinner, and especially chores). Unfortunately, I can't do the same. Must be the difference between a J and a P.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    Am I that slow of a reader that I just can't keep up with everyone?
    The key is not reading everyone's responses.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    Well...first question, do you want to post more? Post counts alone are a completely useless indicator of the quality of the contribution an individual makes, so don't feel compelled to click 'reply' if you don't feel the need.
    First of all, thank you Langrenus for your reply to my post. To answer your first question, I do want to post more. Not necessarily to everything I read, although, I do have my opinions on a lot of what people have to say. I am generally very opinionated but I tend to keep quiet about it to most people but pt. Only he really hears my opinions, and does he ever...

Secondly, do you find yourself typing replies and then backing out of submitting them?
    I haven't actually done that, I usually don't leave thing unfinished unless I don't think it's important anymore. Pt tells me it's the J in me. I can't leave things unfinished. I'm sure you all heard stories from pt about how he drives me nuts leaving things partially done.

If you do want to post more, perhaps try creating threads of your own (like this!) - a blog sounds like a great idea on this front, and will give you space to air your thoughts in a semi-controlled environment. As far as 'coming to the party late' is concerned, don't worry about it; most of the responses in any given thread will probably be frivolous crap, so we'll appreciate it if you post your thoughts, however 'late' you might feel they are. The strength of any forum comes from the variety of the members and the views that they can offer - fresh posts are the lifeblood, so you'll be helping us all out
    Thanks for the encouragement. I have always wanted to do a blog. Since pt and I are too busy to finish creating our own site for a blog, I'll start here, plus I need the feedback to try to overcome some of my fears.

Another option is to generate some deep inner annoyance towards a particular type of post - you'll then find yourself typing a response before you've even noticed yourself moving to the keyboard.
    Well, the inner annoyance is there, but I need to find a way to get it out, other than verbalize it to pt. I'm sure he's heard it all. I'll work on typing it. I've never been good at putting my thoughts in words - another thing I need to work on.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Just put fingers to keys and go at it. I have a hard time seeing you get any worse than some people here. Your fears are illogical. ^_-
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

heart on fire

It is just the internet, don't take any of it too seriously. Post if you want, don't if you don't.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    The key is not reading everyone's responses.

Baaahahahah. Touche (sorry, no accent aigu on this laptop).

I find I back out of a lot of posts, and I don't read all the threads; just those that look like they might be interesting. I tend to stick to specific forums. And of course I post from work, because being online is part of my job.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think that perhaps you try too hard to make your responses meaningful. You probably try to incorporate every thought you have on the matter, and throughly understand the post to which you are replying. While it's okay to do that sometimes, you don't really have to do that all the time. What I learned to do was just write down the first thing that came to mind, and not fuss over it continually. Te might be less receptive to that approach than Fe is, however.

Basically, if you want to reply, then you should. If you don't feel like it, don't worry about it.