User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Curious. I would have said "you sound like me at ~18-20". Your maturity seems stunted for an INTJ.

What have you mastered?
    Well that's a good question wolf. I haven't really developed my INTJ personality. I didn't really learn about it until I met pt. I've been interested in it since. I'm not sure if you are implying that you think I'm immature or that I don't sound like an INTJ.

I am asian and grew up with my grandparents. They never allowed me to do anything. I spent my life going to school and hanging out at home. I had a hard time making friends because I was never allowed to do anything with them. There was a lot of pressure from my family to be responsible, do well in school and become a doctor. I am very responsible, as a result but because of the overwhelming pressure from my family (and the fact that nothing I do is good enough), I have very little confidence in what I do. Over the last few year, with the help and unconditional support of pt, I have learned to overcome some of my insecurities but my family's words still haunt me.

I do very well for someone who stopped going to university after the first year. I am a very good worker. I excel in organizing things and making connections with useful people. My current job, I do better than anyone else my boss has ever hired (so he said) and he hired me (with no education and training) because he had been impressed by my work ethics when he met me working as a shift manager in a restaurant. There are many things I should be proud of but I don't know how.

You are helping me though, so thank you wolf!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    methinks she's on to me.

but i tried. that's the important thing, right?
    Of course.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    I had a hard time making friends because I was never allowed to do anything with them. There was a lot of pressure from my family to be responsible, do well in school and become a doctor. I am very responsible, as a result but because of the overwhelming pressure from my family (and the fact that nothing I do is good enough), I have very little confidence in what I do. Over the last few year, with the help and unconditional support of pt, I have learned to overcome some of my insecurities but my family's words still haunt me.
    Nothing I ever did was good enough for my mom either. She called me a dreamer, stupid, emotionally cold and said I had no common sense and wouldn't amount to anything. You are right that words do haunt but meanwhile life and hopefully progress goes on. She pretty much tried to keep me isolated from friends too and once they had been over at my house and welcomed to a heaping helping of her tirades they seldom wanted to come back over. *sigh*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I have time because I am home almost constantly and I am a slacker.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hi Everyone!

I've been trying to read most of the posts here. I have to wonder, is it just me? Cause I really do not have time to post replies or comments on here as much as most of you. I want to know, where do you all find the time.
    It's because you are a normal INTJ and have a work ethic. Being an ENTP I don't have such strong "limitations" placed upon me. I don't know what's up with the rest of these INTJ slackers though.

I'm an introvert and I really don't go out that much, so what happened to my time? Am I that slow of a reader that I just can't keep up with everyone? I like listening and reading everyone's thoughts and opinions, although I probably don't agree with all of you. But everytime that I can find time to post something, the post is old.
    Feel free to post on an old thread. It will bring new life to an old thread. Most new threads are just a rehash of some old idea anyway.

Maybe I'm still just shy, I am scared of rejection and maybe that's what's really keeping me from posting. I'm trying to overcome that by maybe, in the next week or so making a blog for you all to read about me. I have a lot of insecurities that I need to overcome and I thought there is no better place to help me overcome that than mbti central. You all speak your mind, sometimes a bit too much but I know it's all in good fun...
    Yeah this is a good place to work out insecurities if you are an INTJ. If you are an extrovert or a sensor though then this is where you go to magnify your insecurities. :crazy:

Thank you for being patient with me as I ramble on. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong. I work Mondays to Fridays as a medical office assistant. I do have internet at work, I admit, it is hard for me to post at work since mostly I have so much work and people interrupting me all the time. When I get home, I make dinner, surf the net and read posts on this site, but yet I don't post anything. You can ask pt, I have lots of opinions. What's stopping me from posting even one post a day?

If you can at all help me out by telling me how you manage to do it, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Well I'd say that you should pick a forum or two that you find interesting and start posting away. Also sometimes I think to myself, "Why don't people respond to everything I say? Don't they realize the awesome truths that I've just bestowed them with?" It can be discouraging. But my advice to you is keep posting and eventually you won't even be bothered by people not replying to my posts. See that's the true power of determination.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I have time because I am home almost constantly and I am a slacker.
    Hear hear.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm not sure whether you want your original question answered or if taking a stab at us lowlives with too much spare time simply eased you into opening up, but if it's the latter, I forgive you in the name of the end justifying the means.

Welcome to the board! If you do decide to keep a blog continuing in the vein of post #21 I have a feeling I'll be one of your regular readers.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I'm not sure whether you want your original question answered ...
    I do want my original question answered. Most of you are very nice people and have tried to reassure me about posting here. But I also want to know when most of you do it and how I can maybe re-adjust my time so that I can fit in time to post.

or if taking a stab at us lowlives with too much spare time simply eased you into opening up,...
    I would never think of taking a stab at any of you here...I would probably get ripped apart by most of you. I'm just trying to understand and learn. I've never been much for chatting or posting online. I need to work on it and I need to work on sounding more confident. I really just want grow from this whole experience.

but if it's the latter, I forgive you in the name of the end justifying the means.

Welcome to the board! If you do decide to keep a blog continuing in the vein of post #21 I have a feeling I'll be one of your regular readers.
    Thank you Economica! Thank you for understanding, I will be starting that blog soon and you can read about how this INTJ's twisted and very sheltered life that left her quiet lost and confused but how she slowly finds her way...

MBTI
    INTJ

I would never think of taking a stab at any of you here...I would probably get ripped apart by most of you.
    I woud like to think this wouldn't happen. There are some heated debates here, but by and large everyone is civil - and ultimately interested in understanding.

P.S. You've managed to post a few times within the last 24 hours. You're on a roll.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Um, guys, I don't think a J necessarily has a work ethic. Let's face it, none of us like to work. If we do something that we enjoy, it's basically having fun, I would think.

Ps and Js just have different definitions of having fun is all. Since the P/J dichotomy is about preferring to live the outer world in either a structured or spontaneous way. When you think about it, P/J isn't even about being organized, but just a lifestyle preference.

Does anyone agree with me that a J would be less motivated in some cases since their natural way of living is based on habit?

Or maybe I'm just an INTJ under stress...