User Tag List

Senior Member Valhallahereicome's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w7
    Socionics
    ENTP

Default Do extraverts like ALL social interactions?

I've been thinking recently that I might be slightly extraverted rather than introverted, because I do enjoy meeting new people and learning about them. But just now someone called me from my school's alumni fund and we embarked on a fake, Valley-girl accented phone convo that made me want to get off as quickly as possible and run far, far away.

Learning real things about people and seeing them be their genuine selves is great, but I don't think I enjoy superficial interactions where both parties are wearing a mask of sorts. Of course people generally have their guard up around new people and acquaintances, but that's a bit different.

Can anyone relate? Who enjoys these interactions? I'm kind of curious to learn how I can start having fun with them, because they're basically par for the course in southern California.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

No. ENs will tend to not enjoy small talk. ESs will get bored by abstract conversation. ETs will get annoyed by overly emotional displays, and EFs will tire of impersonal logical conversations.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Do extraverts like ALL social interactions?
    Only real ones..I hate shooting the breaze, small talk..seeing aquantences, it's all very akward. There has to be some depth to it, for better or for worse..through humor, mischeif, happiness, having arguments, or discussions. I am also fairly opposed to lighthearted drama, it's extremely borring to talk and hear about, as it doesn't mean anything. This doesn't mean I don't like talking about love and romance, though..as the two are fairly far apart- drama and romance.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Yes.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

No. I'm an extrovert and I hate interacting with people I don't like and having conversations about shit I don't care about.

Extroverts gain more energy from being around people than being by themselves. Doesn't mean we want to talk incessantly to every asshole that walks in front of us.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Only real ones..I hate shooting the breaze, small talk..seeing aquantences, it's all very akward. There has to be some depth to it, for better or for worse..through humor, mischeif, happiness, having arguments, or discussions. I am also fairly opposed to lighthearted drama, it's extremely borring to talk and hear about, as it doesn't mean anything. This doesn't mean I don't like talking about love and romance, though..as the two are fairly far apart- drama and romance.
    Well said! I concur! If I end up having to talk with someone I don't wish to, I do all possible to keep it short. I accomplish my objective, and get the fuck out of Dodge...

No. I'm an extrovert and I hate interacting with people I don't like and having conversations about shit I don't care about.

TinyArmy said:Extroverts gain more energy from being around people than being by themselves. Doesn't mean we want to talk incessantly to every asshole that walks in front of us.
    Muhaaaa! Now that's about as direct as possible. I love it!

MBTI
    epic

YES FEED ME I JUST CAN'T PULL MYSELF AWAY

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Valhallahereicome
    Do extraverts like ALL social interactions?
    No

/thread

MBTI
    ENTP

Naw, I hate smalltalk, dances, and "mixers".

I also hate interacting with people who I find boring or generally uninteresting. I'm not a fan of talking to people just for the sake of talking to them, I still have to be getting something out of it.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.