User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Music Preference and Drug Use

For me, this will have to be a hypothetical situation- as I have never used any drugs yet.

In your opinion, what music, if any would you prefer to listen to, or like to listen to, while under the influence of any drugs.

Psychedelic Trance, Goa Trance, Trance, Heavy Techno, Space Rock, Progressive Rock, Jazz Fusion, funk, acid jazz, independent rap etc, etc.

To name a few artists that would be my preference:

Gong, Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons, Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno & David Byrne, The Chemical Brothers, Radiohead, Gorillaz, The Doors, CS&NY, Rusted Root, Phish, Alice Coltrane,...

A Few from youtube..

Alan Parsons- I Robot
    YouTube - The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot

Voyager- Alan Parsons
    YouTube - The Alan Parsons Project - Voyager

Gong- Castle in the clouds
    YouTube - Gong - Castle in the Clouds

Brian Eno & David Byrne - Strange Overtones
    YouTube - Brian Eno & David Byrne "Strange Overtones"

What's the best music, in your opinion, to use drugs under.What artists do you prefer? It'd be interesting to discuss.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

That you even know who Alan Parsons is makes you +10 in my book.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    That you even know who Alan Parsons is makes you +10 in my book.

Everyone should know the appreciated name of Alan Parsons..he's one of the most under appreciated/known artists.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Alan Parsons definitely kicks ass.

You know, the whole music/drug thing is almost a stereotype these days.

It is the mood you are in when you dig a particular tune/set/concert/etc. that makes the time you are spending + the music that much better than any of the individual parts on their own.

For some, that mood might need to be chemically induced, but I don't think that's the case for everyone.

For instance, MDMA (ecstasy) and EDM (electronic dance music) seem to go hand in hand with lots of kids, just as marijuana and Pink Floyd did to others.

But to me, I can get sick into tunes by working out at the gym with my MP3 player or going freaky in my backyard landscaping.

It's all what you make of it: music + raw brains, pills, smoke, or whatever.

I've had a beeter time listening to music in my friend's cars than at many concerts/clubs/festivals...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Alan Parsons definitely kicks ass.

You know, the whole music/drug thing is almost a stereotype these days.

It is the mood you are in when you dig a particular tune/set/concert/etc. that makes the time you are spending + the music that much better than any of the individual parts on their own.

For some, that mood might need to be chemically induced, but I don't think that's the case for everyone.

For instance, MDMA (ecstasy) and EDM (electronic dance music) seem to go hand in hand with lots of kids, just as marijuana and Pink Floyd did to others.

But to me, I can get sick into tunes by working out at the gym with my MP3 player or going freaky in my backyard landscaping.

It's all what you make of it: music + raw brains, pills, smoke, or whatever.

I've had a beeter time listening to music in my friend's cars than at many concerts/clubs/festivals...
    Right on. That's a great point.

The thing is, I haven't even used any drugs yet, so what you said is accurate- I just don't know.

I hate all of the goddamn stereotypes, so I tried to stay away from them as best I could- I fucking hate mainstream shit, but this is all I had to work with, tried to keep it fresh.

People spend too much time dealing with the idea of music- trying to be cool, thinking they like pink floyd because they want to fit in with the trends, it's all fake man.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Everyone should know the appreciated name of Alan Parsons..he's one of the most under appreciated/known artists.

With or without any mood altering substances.

The only drug I use is alcohol, and I'm usually too drunk to care what I'm listening to.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post

With or without any mood altering substances.

Yeah, and that's what it all comes down to, ultimately.

Whoa man, I'm listening to some APP and I feel like I'm high as a kite already.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Whoa man, I'm listening to some APP and I feel like I'm high as a kite already.
    Yeah, APP can do that to you.