User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your reaction?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bye bye!

27 46.55%
  • I am in love with you, don't go!

14 24.14%
  • Who are you?

20 34.48%
  • *shrug*

10 17.24%
  • About time! Stay away...

3 5.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 3456 Last

Thread: I'm leaving.

MBTI
    INTj

Sounds like a great opportunity. Have a good trip.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Yeah, it really was a tough decision. But I will trust you guys to make a list of all the interesting stuff that happened here so I don't feel like I missed much...

Exactly. Those sensor ships sound really scary. I bet they eat intuitives for breakfast on board.

We actually have a laptop for editing, but I'm not sure how often you can get online there and I really doubt that I have much time or energy for the forum...

Oh I know, silly..just making a joke. Plus, I know if I was heavily involved in such an adventure, it would be hard to stay posting here.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I have enjoyed your posts. You would probably be fun to travel with. Enjoy your trip 'round the globe!
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

That sounds AWESOME!

Come back with pictures at some stage yeah

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Have fun! What an opportunity!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

you're one of ours
    so
    1. it doesn't matter what we think / it does, because your prescense is a positive one
    you will be missed
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I haven't been that active lately, but anyhow, now I'm going totally off the grid, so I thought I'd say bye bye to you all. (Sorry if this is wrong forum for this)

I got this chance to go shoot a travel program for tv. Can't pass an opportunity like that. We'll go through Asia with couple of old cars. Russia, Kazakhstan, Kirghistan, Tajikistan, Mongolia, China, Japan. This is a student project really, but I'm pretty sure it will be sold at least here in Finland. I'll be gone for six months, we will leave in April.

If anyone knows anything about traveling in those countries, I'd be interested.

Anyways, it's been nice, I really like this forum. I hope I remember the url when I come back And I hope there are some familiar faces left. Keep up the good spirit here, and kill the evil trolls See you guys.
    SUH-weet! That's incredible!

Have a good time.

MBTI
    INTJ

Drugs too. I think it's one of the biggest routes for drugs. So there might be some mafia...
    Might be? Dood!

Take it for granted that anyone you meet is connected in some way. Especially police.

Take it for granted too that they don't actually give a damn about anything you do if it doesn't conflict with their interests.

But take care around anyone in civilian clothes with physical trappings of wealth--suits, cars, watches... You watch out for rich civilians because they're not as far inside the loop as the police or the military, so they worry about their appearance of power. They get pissy.

All of that said, the kindness of strangers is a great thing. You'll see it a lot sometimes.

And if you smoke, you can ease transitions a lot by offering or accepting a cig. Take it out of the box and pass it butt first, and be sure to damn well smoke yourself while they do. You can refuse offers of a cigarette, but if anyone has ever seen you smoke anywhere, anytime, do not refuse the smoke if it's offered. And on a similar note, if you go drinking with anyone in power, be sure you can tolerate a lot of alcohol delivered really fast. Seriously.

Make up the rest as you go along. The forms of the cultural traditions are actually less important than the earnestness with which you approach your attempts to connect.

IMHO.

Which I often ignore myself because I never try to fit in. But it seemed like good advice.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Take it for granted too that they don't actually give a damn about anything you do if it doesn't conflict with their interests.
    Yeah, we probably look pretty harmless to their business.

And on a similar note, if you go drinking with anyone in power, be sure you can tolerate a lot of alcohol delivered really fast. Seriously.
    I have such a bad tolerance for booze... I see an international conflict potential here.

Make up the rest as you go along. The forms of the cultural traditions are actually less important than the earnestness with which you approach your attempts to connect.
    My thoughts exactly. They know we are foreigners and they know we don't know the culture, so we would have to do something quite offending if they were to get mad.

Good luck nolla! Sounds awesome! I've really liked your posts and having you here.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.