User Tag List

123 Last

Dali

Default Which of your 8 functions do you identify with the most?

I know that they all combine to make us the person we are but which function, if it were to be switched with another, would you miss the most. i.e. What's your favourite function? Feel free to just state the function or give reasons why you selected that one.

EDIT: How silly of me. Of course you'll identify with your dominant function the most. What I meant (thanks Wolfy) is what function do you appreciate the most.

Dali

Ok, I'll start it off. I love my Fi. Love the rich inner world and love it when I meet a fellow Fi user as it feels that my Fi is speaking to their Fi in addition to the verbal communication.

A close second would be the Te. At least, when I do choose to listen to it.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

My strongest functions are Fe Fi Si. Still I appreciate my relatively strong Ti the most.

Fi is the one I identify with. Ni I appreciate most. Se I kind of take for granted. I wish Te would leave me the hell alone!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't know a whole lot about functions yet...not really but i think it's ne??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i don't know a whole lot about functions yet...not really but i think it's ne??
    Same here. I find Fi overwhelming at times, but I love Ne.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't even know what fi feels like yet i don't think. i'm not sure i get it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i don't even know what fi feels like yet i don't think. i'm not sure i get it.
    You can read a short intro to functions here.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    You can read a short intro to functions here.
    oh thanks...yeah, i feel that too.
    -Jim Morrison

garbage

The answer should be pretty obvious for me, so I might as well explain how Te, supported by Ni and Ne, best comes into play.

I like the fact that I can make things very, very easy for myself by way of effectively using all of my available resources, especially when it comes to work and in managing my personal life. I assimilate knowledge and tangible goods as if they become a part of me. Most everything I touch becomes like an extra arm for me, be it some programming language, electronic device, or even a theory.. and I know pretty well how to use it for my purposes right off the bat. I'll very rapidly code or build something, as if I know pretty much what needs to be done. I've found significant ways to apply knowledge in engineering and computer science to my love of psychology.

I automate tedious tasks so that I and the other researchers I work with can actually concentrate on.. you know, research. I've heard many of them claim that things just take them too long.. I don't seem to have that problem.

Due to the resources that I've assimilated, my work and personal lives are largely integrated. I work off of my home computer from work, I can work at home or pretty much anywhere else, and I use my personal resources for work when they make me more effective.

I'm talking about work a lot. Don't get me wrong.. as a result of all of this, I actually work very short hours. I also apply the same sort of methodology in my personal life, especially in my hobbies.

The only downside is that I get frustrated when I don't have the flexibility that I feel makes me productive. I've passed up many jobs where I'd have to work normal hours where I'd get paid significantly more. I hate being stifled.

..oh, and I have a horrible memory, on account of the fact that I've taken for granted that I largely don't have to pay attention when I do things.