User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Funny you should say that, because there is a theory that the 2nd strongest function is the one on which we pride ourselves the most, kind of "idolize" it, or "preach" it to others. The idea is that the 1st (dominant) comes so naturally to us that we don't give it much thought, but the 2nd one is more visible to ourselves.
    That doesn't apply to me. I looove my dom Ni, with its quirkiness and its imagination and its occasional flashes of brilliance. I loved it even before I knew what it was (I used to call it my "intelligence").

My next preferred functions are probably Ti (for its analytical powers) and, strangely, Se. Even though it's my inferior function and therefore misfires a lot, I credit Se with giving me acute sensory acuity and an ability to experience extreme joyfulness on those rare occasions when it allows me to fully "merge" with the moment.

I do value my auxiliary Fe for its ability to harmonise with other people, but it also carries a lot of unnecessary "shoulds" and "musts" and "must nots" (not to mention guilt) which can be a real drag sometimes.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I would miss my Ne sorely if I didn't have it. Ne is the best (although it can be the worst too, if I'm following a negative train of thought).
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Extraverted intuiting for sure. I see many facets of my personality that my Ne represents perfectly. My randomness/improvisation, for one, which is something I pride myself on, for without it, I'd lose so much of my humor, creativity, knack for problem-solving, etc...
    Playing around with ideas in a noncommital manner is something I love. Basically any form of light-hearted mental wankery is right up my alley, and there's nothing I love more than bouncing ideas off another person. I don't stop to think about the ideas, I just say what comes to my mind, sharing my full thoughts on the topic with others.
    Ne is so dominant for me that I find it very difficult to focus on things because of the mountain of possibilities that I see in everything. I start everything, finish nothing, and talk about what I'm going to do next constantly.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Ni is my most used... I wouldn't be who I am without it... But I also like the rare Ne moments I get occasionally. Sometimes I'll be looking at something and go "hey, wouldn't it be cool to use that for so and so?"
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Yeh, I'd be totally lost without Ne.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    xxxx

Interesting question. I'm all about the Ni, it's the best part of me. I intentionally downplay my Te so my second function isn't nearly as important to me as my dominant one.

Glycerine

I seem to have have a love hate relationship w/ Ni but it can be cool. I also really like Se sometimes. It makes me notice unusual things in the present moment.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I like and depend on my Fe, even if I occasionally get burned by the wall of flame. Fe keeps me from not caring about people - it forces me to care. In a weird way, I think stifles my drive for conquest too, keeps me healthy.

I very much appreciate my Ni when it's working on a complex problem, like a little computer cracking codes. Must be why I like puzzles so much. Or hermeneutics. Anything it has to unravel or dissect.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

All the cool kids have Ne. It's like being connected to the multiverse. Seeing 10 aspects of a problem when everybody else is still working out level 1. Parallel processing is a blast.
    It can be a curse 'cause everybody else seem to be blind to the obvious, or only able to see things on microscopical scales and call it quasi scientific knowledge. But also because it's simply impossible to express 'simple ideas' in less than 3 pages for 'real communication'.

But hey, who cares about everybody else anyway.
    Socially speaking, the only people that seem to be able to get me and not just some limited persona I put on are probably primary N types.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni