User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    Do not say hi to me four times a day and stop by my desk for small talk, do not talk, talk, talk loudly amongst yourselves like it's going out of fashion and for the love of God, enough with the personal questions. Gaaaaah! :steam:

You might say, "well, what did you expect after choosing to work in sales and marketing?"

I love my job, I really do and I can be outgoing with clients but please, back off a bit and let me be when I'm in the office.

For the love of God, PLEAAAAASE let me be!

I'm on my knees and I'm begging...
    Hate to burst your extrovert hating bubble but this person might be an introvert of the MBT variety who just feels exceptionally comfortable with you for whatever reason.

Dude, chatterboxes and people who corner you to talk are not necessarily extroverts.

I have an INTP friend who finds it VERY DIFFICULT to get off the phone. When I tell her I have to go because someone is waiting for me or I'm about to get on a plane or whatnot, she'll find more and more things to talk about. LOL She is aware of it though (after the fact?)

I had an introvert boss once who would NOT stop talking to me. It was really strange because I got paid by the hour and he would interrupt my work to chit chat and I would still try to work but it was so distracting so I would just talk to him and then work. It was really annoying after a while because I actually did want to get stuff done. My friends said, "Sweet! You get paid to listen to him talk and you don't have to do work!"

See, it was a tiny office - just him and a 70 year old secretary (I'm not kidding) so I think he was going stir crazy and appreciated having someone closer to his age to talk to.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Ugh, not all extroverts are like the ones you've described, some of us have social skills, are sensitive to other people's needs, and employ tact when dealing with others.
    This, yeah. Anyone with half a brain socially astute marketers should likely be able to see when someone actually wants to talk and when they don't. If they open the floodgates and unload all of their extroversion onto their customers, they've probably driven away many, many potential sales..

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

So...if I let you be, will you promise not to afterwards accuse me of ignoring you though? *innocent look*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

well in fact some INTROVERTS are that annoying too. Like, over analysing situations and coming to you like it's the end of the world. >_<.
    Or creating issues by not communicating. (and then comes the drama)
    Feels like having a dam blowing up in my neighbourhood.

ps: I hate useless chit chat too. Depends with who. But repeat something I already know twice a day and i might just murder you.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    This, yeah. Anyone with half a brain socially astute marketers should likely be able to see when someone actually wants to talk and when they don't. If they open the floodgates and unload all of their extroversion onto their customers, they've probably driven away many, many potential sales..
    Good point
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Do not say hi to me four times a day and stop by my desk for small talk, do not talk, talk, talk loudly amongst yourselves like it's going out of fashion and for the love of God, enough with the personal questions. Gaaaaah! :steam:

You might say, "well, what did you expect after choosing to work in sales and marketing?"

I love my job, I really do and I can be outgoing with clients but please, back off a bit and let me be when I'm in the office.

For the love of God, PLEAAAAASE let me be!

I'm on my knees and I'm begging...
    I hate to say this, but its true.
    These are types found in sales and marketing.
    Many wouldn't have gone into it if they didn't have that talking trait.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hate to burst your extrovert hating bubble but this person might be an introvert of the MBT variety who just feels exceptionally comfortable with you for whatever reason.

Dude, chatterboxes and people who corner you to talk are not necessarily extroverts.

I have an INTP friend who finds it VERY DIFFICULT to get off the phone. When I tell her I have to go because someone is waiting for me or I'm about to get on a plane or whatnot, she'll find more and more things to talk about. LOL She is aware of it though (after the fact?)

I had an introvert boss once who would NOT stop talking to me. It was really strange because I got paid by the hour and he would interrupt my work to chit chat and I would still try to work but it was so distracting so I would just talk to him and then work. It was really annoying after a while because I actually did want to get stuff done. My friends said, "Sweet! You get paid to listen to him talk and you don't have to do work!"

See, it was a tiny office - just him and a 70 year old secretary (I'm not kidding) so I think he was going stir crazy and appreciated having someone closer to his age to talk to.
    Notice the touch of awe in the tone of the above post? Because it's out of character for most I's! Not that I'm implying ALL Es are like that.

They're an ESFJ, an ENTP, two ENFJs, an xNFP, an ESTx and an ENFP. And you better believe it.

The only two fellow introverts in the office are an ISFP graphic designer (who very conveniently goes deaf when he needs to work quietly) and the INFP office administrator. The former gets a pass because the rest chalk it down to eccentric artist syndrome and nobody minds but it likely wouldn't go down well if I just ignored them. Apparently, it's illegal for a sales exec to be an introvert.

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    They're actually quite good at what they do so, apparently, they reserve their interpersonal skills for their customers and unleash the pent up need to chat when they return to the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    So...if I let you be, will you promise not to afterwards accuse me of ignoring you though? *innocent look*
    Would you accuse me of malice if I gave you a bottle of your favorite wine?

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    well in fact some INTROVERTS are that annoying too. Like, over analysing situations and coming to you like it's the end of the world. >_<.
    Or creating issues by not communicating. (and then comes the drama)

Feels like having a dam blowing up in my neighbourhood.

ps: I hate useless chit chat too. Depends with who. But repeat something I already know twice a day and i might just murder you.
    That would annoy me too.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I hate to say this, but its true.
    These are types found in sales and marketing.
    Many wouldn't have gone into it if they didn't have that talking trait.
    I have an ISTJ pal that says that she can only take S & M folk in short doses. Wonder if she was warning me in some way...

These folks can small talk and chitchat like it's going out of fashion.

I just need to vent. Es, it ain't personal, eh?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Random thought of the day:

I wonder if sales and management is called S & M for exactly that reason!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Random thought of the day:

I wonder if sales and management is called S & M for exactly that reason!
    LOL! I knew some Ne would pick on that.

garbage

They're actually quite good at what they do so, apparently, they reserve their interpersonal skills for their customers and unleash the pent up need to chat when they return to the office.
    Ah, that makes sense.. kind of like venting for them.

You'd think that being around people as a profession would be enough, but apparently it's not the right kind of extroversion for them..