User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I'm a T, I'm a HUGE fan of Horror movies. Not the overly gory kind (those suck), but I'm talking about the ones that are actually somewhat scary and suspenseful... a perfect example - "The Shining". They don't have to have many elements of reality, but they should be suspenseful and thrilling. Those are my absolute favorite kind of movie, no question.
    Oh yeah those ones are different - I wouldn't call those horror so much as thrillers - those are awesome. The ones I think are just lame though are the sorta zombie/monster/gratuitous shock value type ones.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

It's so weird reading my old post here.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Hmm...I guess I'm not a huge movie fanatic, as I don't really think I've seen that many (compared to most people!) and I'm not driven to see most movies. I suppose I've never viewed movies as an 'experience'.

The only genre I can say I don't care for is horror. And many of the dumb comedies are just kind of repulsive to me -- although several yrs ago I dated a guy who had a tendency to rent some of these cheesy, silly movies, and I have to say I learned to appreciate some of them.

I like dark comedy/dark drama quite a lot -it's probably my favorite genre - along the lines of Apocalypse Now, American Beauty, Snatch, Fight Club, Pan's Labyrinth, Ghost World, Usual Suspects, etc.

On almost an equal footing with dark drama would be action/fantasy/sci-fi - lotr, x-men, fifth element, Contact, 12 Monkeys, that sorta thing.

And some more artsie/creative films - Amelie, Finding Neverland, etc.

And then plain ole drama - English Patient, Shawshank, etc.
    Sounds exactly like me. American Beauty, Fight Club, Pan's Labyrinth. Those are some of my favorites. And LOTR, for sure. The Sixth Sense is also one of my all-time favorites. Maybe it's an INFJ thing?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

What's an INFJ thing exactly? I love all those movies. It's not uncommon either, those movies are highly critically acclaimed.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I remember he took me to go see SAW 3 to "just try it please!!" He pretty much begged me, since I normally don't watch those. So I reluctantly agreed to see it. Well, I withstood 20 minutes of that movie. I walked out when it got to a scene where a girl had to get a key out of some acid to unlock the machine that would rip her ribs open... Wow. I must say the things I saw in that movie pretty much scarred me, I had nightmares for about two weeks. Especially the emotions I got out of it, I know it's fake but it's just too brutal for me. When I heard the sizzling of the acid I was like NOOOOO and I left.
    Bahahaha.

My INFP won tickets to see Crank 2; she didn't know anything about it, and despite having never seen the original I just knew it would be one that she'd walk out on because I knew it had to be filled with sex and violence.. but we went anyway. She made it about 30 minutes in before it became too much for her, so we walked out.

As for me? I really liked the cinematography and certain other elements of it. I also don't get offended easily at all. For me, though, there comes a point where throwing certain elements in for the sake of doing so is just.. retarded. There's no better way to describe it. Seriously, you just happen to chase the bad guys through about ten thousand whore houses and another hundred thousand strip clubs? :rolli:

Incidentally, my favorite movie is the South Park movie. I can't reconcile that one.

I generally like watching movies with other people, and, to that end, I usually like comedies because they elicit the best reactions when with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    What's an INFJ thing exactly? I love all those movies. It's not uncommon either, those movies are highly critically acclaimed.
    Oh, I just thought it was an interesting that someone would choose those exact movies as some of their favorites. They may be others' favorites, too, I was just enthused to see someone list those specific three movies, and I generalized it as an "INFJ thing" since the post was from an INFJ.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am an eclectic, and I am entering the movie biz, so I have to watch everything. Right now, I have out from my video store Truffaut's The Last Metro, Orson Welles' The Lady from Shanghai, and Charlie Chaplin's final starring film A King in New York. However, you will often catch me watching things like Ghostbusters, Goodfellas, Tommy Boy, war movies, period dramas.

Oh, and what makes violence "gratuitous?" Is the violence in Reservoir Dogs or American Psycho gratuitous?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

deleted

I don't really watch many movies, which I believe to bring me to a disadvantage in many ways. I'm planning to work on that. But it does seem, like BlackCat was saying, that NTs usually have good things to say about elements of production in movies etc., at least I do. It's like I base everything on one standard, and movies can usually surprise the heck out of me with their special or hype effects or engrossing story lines. I tend to think they did a good job at expressing an idea, no matter how far-fetched the idea is. I can see what they we're trying to portray during the movie, and I try not to comment otherwise, it's simple logic. On that same note, I can think the movie is really good, though it doesn't mean I like it that much.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Oh yeah those ones are different - I wouldn't call those horror so much as thrillers - those are awesome. The ones I think are just lame though are the sorta zombie/monster/gratuitous shock value type ones.
    Haha, well I sort of like those too, but they're not as good as the thriller ones like The Shining.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I've never walked out from a movie in my life. :P