User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Are you saying that Ns would not stereotype by nature? That doesn't seem to make sense (pardon the pun).
    Loved your pun.

I am saying that, by the very definition, intuitives should be more predisposed to examine generalizations and stereotypes. Therefore, be less inclined (hopefully) to make them.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Loved your pun.

I am saying that, by the very definition, intuitives should be more predisposed to examine generalizations and stereotypes. Therefore, be less inclined (hopefully) to make them.

I see. I don't think I agree, though. I would think that intuitives would also be more likely to make faulty generalizations, given their tendency to try to recognize patterns and make decisions based on them. If they are in error, then stereotypes could be created or reinforced. Sensors should, in theory, make decisions based on individual impressions (however accurate or inaccurate) and reactions based one-on-one interaction. Maybe.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I too have wondered the same. Anyone with a predilection for stereotyping would seem to be in opposition to the type.
    Considering MBTI is one big theoretical system for stereotyping....um...and knowing what I know now about INXX, and how we like our systems, and our theories, it doesn't surprise me at all. It doesn't stop the fact I get frustrated though.
    That's not necessarily true. Like for myself, an inveterate Extrovert. I was pumped to find new people to talk to online, even though I was not nearly so familiar about MBTI when I arrived. I liked that everything was up for discussion here.
    Dude, seeing as the the majority of the forum are introverts, and I'm an introvert who was talking about her initial experience, you can't dismiss my comment like that. Just because it wasn't necessarily true for you, it doesn't make it untrue for me (or for anyone else). And perhaps I didn't make myself clear either.What I meant is now I've stuck around I know a few of the regulars and would be less hesitant,to ask if a offending post(or poster) was really as offensive as I thought it was. And you know get a bit of reassurance, that I wasn't being an ass too.
    Also, couldn't you tell this place is rife with cliques, and undercurrents when you first got here. I had to figure which way the wind is blowing, so to speak, and observe interactions to know who safe and who isn't.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Also, adding up all the number of posts, you get:

ISFJ - 4004
    ISTJ - 11186
    ESFJ - 4614
    ESTJ - 1194

ISFP - 7559
    ISTP - 12262
    ESFP - 1354
    ESTP - 1071

ENFJ - 10120
    ENTJ - 12947
    Jennifer - 13096

Screw the other types.

I wish I had all the site's stats available through more than searching and adding...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    And nearly half of those are mine.
    4,615 posts by ESFJs

3,500 posts by pure_mercury

Half of the ISFJs posts are mine.

I would still like to see the INTP, ENTP, INFP, and ENFP post counts.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I would still like to see the INTP, ENTP, INFP, and ENFP post counts.
    But I'm lazy!
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Dude, seeing as the the majority of the forum are introverts, and I'm an introvert who was talking about her initial experience, you can't dismiss my comment like that. Just because it wasn't necessarily true for you, it doesn't make it untrue for me (or for anyone else). And perhaps I didn't make myself clear either.What I meant is now I've stuck around I know a few of the regulars and would be less hesitant,to ask if a offending post(or poster) was really as offensive as I thought it was. And you know get a bit of reassurance, that I wasn't being an ass too.
    I am glad you feel comfortable here. It's a good feeling. I was just trying to point out that you made a blanket statement earlier, and that it didn't apply to everyone. Which is what you said just now.

Also, couldn't you tell this place is rife with cliques, and undercurrents when you first got here. I had to figure which way the wind is blowing, so to speak, and observe interactions to know who safe and who isn't.
    Yes, of course, but I don't really care about that kind of stuff. I'll interact with anyone, and, as you can see, I don't mind offending anyone's sensibilities. I know some people don't like that attitude, and that is completely fine by me. It takes all kinds.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    But I'm lazy!
    Haha okay, no worries.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yes, of course, but I don't really care about that kind of stuff. I'll interact with anyone, and, as you can see, I don't mind offending anyone's sensibilities. I know some people don't like that attitude, and that is completely fine by me. It takes all kinds.
    LOL, You didn't offend me at all. BTW, it's not that I care, but it's one of the first things I notice any where, even IRL. I take care not to upset the apple cart too much right at beginning.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]