User Tag List

First 12

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    When I want to talk and be outgoing, I'm a big mouth. Usually I only do that when I really need to light up an atmosphere, after people get started, comfortable I just observe.
    But that doesn't last too long and then I need to go in "hut mode" or I get very cranky.
    That sounds very similar to me and my mom. Well not exactly me, I don't lighten up atmospheres I just tend to not care heh! I have no investment in wither or not the atmosphere at any social thing is comfortable or not, because heh I am largely not there anyway.

But that does sound like my mom.

We both call it being "peopled-out."

Where you just want to be alone and away from people after social experiences, watch a movie with a loved one or all alone, just peace and quite... Very cranky if not given that opportunity to relax after a certain period of time.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Also I've found that some people are extroverts by nature but introverts by nurture.
    Those people always seem more bitter.

But I would say that introverts who appear extroverted are largely just in a comfortable atmosphere where they can exercise their extroverted functions. Such as an INTJ in a debate, using Te. And an INFJ at a get together, using Fe.
    They can't perform that way forever though, and afterwords will probably feel cranky and want alone time. And that's the difference between extroverts and introverts.
    Sure they can be extroverted - but it saps their energy.
    While extroverts can perform that way for longer periods, and feel refreshed afterwords.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I am an INTJ who sometimes gets mistaken for an ENTJ due to (I'm assuming) the fact that I am very assertive and opinionated. Sometimes when I start talking, especially arguing, it comes off as if I'm yelling.

It's not extraversion, it's just me impatiently pushing the words out of my mouth.
    I can totally relate to this. I often speak up, I am assertive and opinionated as well. Actually now that I read it I can relate to everything you just said here.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISTJ

My best friend is an ENFP and I have more than once hauled his lazy bum off the couch to go do something productive!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    My best friend is an ENFP and I have more than once hauled his lazy bum off the couch to go do something productive!
    he's lazy <-- the only thing germane in this passage
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Also I've found that some people are extroverts by nature but introverts by nurture.
    Those people always seem more bitter.

But I would say that introverts who appear extroverted are largely just in a comfortable atmosphere where they can exercise their extroverted functions. Such as an INTJ in a debate, using Te. And an INFJ at a get together, using Fe.
    They can't perform that way forever though, and afterwords will probably feel cranky and want alone time. And that's the difference between extroverts and introverts.
    Sure they can be extroverted - but it saps their energy.
    While extroverts can perform that way for longer periods, and feel refreshed afterwords.

Interesting, that makes so much sense, it would explain why I'm at my most extroverted when playing sports, exercising my Se.