User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: They ate her with potatoes.

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    ILE None

My english totally sucks.

It'd be annoying if I really cared but hey. Anything to keep the good old cheap ad hominem attacks business alive.

thx for the correc. btw, always glad to learn.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Senior Member Array The Third Rider's Avatar

WOW what the fuck is wrong with this people!?!?!!?? I hope they get executed.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Thread provides a good example of a psychological defense colloquially called "gallows humor."

When something is so terrible that mere contemplation of it is difficult to accept sometimes people resort to making grim jokes. This is a common practice among rescue workers, ambulance crews, police, emergency room personnel, etc. A coping mechanism to enable them to continue to work all day in the midst of human horror.

Edit: If I'm not mistaken Oscar Wilde employed gallows humor as he lay dying when he made the remark about the awful wallpaper in the room saying, "One of us is going to have to go!"
    That is spot on I think. It makes sense as a coping mechanism. There is a similar principle, but also a difference when it is psychological distance of the media instead of hands on gore that has to be confronted. I'm not sure the average person has to cope with a story like that in the same way an EMT deals with pain and death because it is more easily dismissed as unreal.

I'm not completely certain it is real, but seeing her picture and hearing something about her makes her similarly real in my mind to someone posting in this thread whom I also know little about. I can see that most other people make a distinction of forum people being more real that someone in the media, although forum people are also less real in many people's minds than those in real life. People outside a person's sphere tend to be completely dehumanized. From an objective standpoint each person is equally real regardless of how well I know them. Measuring a person's humanness based on their familiarity to oneself is irrational on one level and yet basic to how people think.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

...Wait. If they had potatoes.. why do they need to eat the girl?!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Actually, Placenta Parties are all the rage nowadays.

All it needs is a potato or two.

Even Tom Cruise is in on it.
    Is it safe to eat a placenta? | Mail Online