User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    It's kind of hilarious that every single thread about one type vs another devolves so quickly into "which is superior?" The OP was actually a good question--what do extroverts think about when there aren't any people around? Do you need people to help you process your thoughts?
    True. I am chastened!
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    yeah...it is offensive and quite a shallow view on YOUR part. i can only speak for myself and what i know of other enfp's but we love nothing more than a "real" conversation...deep talks and intimate moments with people.

our extraversion...just puts those thoughts out there more and gives us the ability to draw it out of other people more.
    i think extroverts and introverts will disagree because they have different criteria for satisfying their social desires. as i said, for one to be better than the other we would first have to agree on to what ends we are comparing the two, which is why im not sure why a competitive element was introduced here

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    i tend to prefer the company of other introverts. extroverts, because they are not inclined to study themselves, tend to lack understanding of the things that can only be learned by observing first-hand. because their knowledge of others is mostly holistic, i have a harder time making a connection with them. that is also why i dislike group settings, there is too much going on at once for people to be in-sync with each other. i think this comes from a need for efficiency... quality of socializing over quantity.i do find the stereotype interesting, though, because it is counter to my own thinking. extroverts probably socialize more actively, yes, but when it comes to actually understanding other people, they tend to strike me as more salesman than mechanic.
    Not really taking it personally, just begging to differ with this.

Since these aren't really qualities of an extravert.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    i think extroverts and introverts will disagree because they have different criteria for satisfying their social desires. as i said, for one to be better than the other we would first have to agree on to what ends we are comparing the two, which is why im not sure why a competitive element was introduced here
    i'm just being defensive because i don't appreciate being painted inaccurately. i do not think either is superior. i mentioned that in a previous post. i am only saying we put ours out there while you keep more of it in...we are not lacking in depth because of this.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I am anything but a people person and I will say that for the good part I don't see the point of extroversion.

Many arguments of extroverts come down to "People a important", "You need people to progress further", "Everybody needs people"

To be completly honset I don't see what is so special about people. We all need other people in some way but this sounds almost as dogma.
    If you are interested in psychology then you will probably see the diffrent side of the coin. But most people are not interested in psychology.

What do you find so attractive in other people (in general) ?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

i'm just being defensive because i don't appreciate being painted inaccurately. i do not think either is superior. i mentioned that in a previous post. i am only saying we put ours out there while you keep more of it in...we are not lacking in depth because of this.
    That too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

yeah let's not fall into the 'what do extroverts do in their free time : they party' \ "what do introverts do in their free times: they touch themselves" clichs
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    istp

i understand how what i said could seem incendiary in a have/have-not sort of why, youll have to pardon the vocabulary

i couldnt honestly say i think extroverts introspect to the same extent that i do. simply because that is a quality of mine doesnt make it superior, in fact im not really sure why im inclined to do that so often. i dont intend for that to be interpreted as overall depth of knowledge or insightfulness, just as i wouldnt presume that the depth of an introvert's inner world is superior or more useful than the depth of an extroverts knowledge based on exterior observations

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

just a thought on what somebody told earlier about how animals seemed to have only external references.
    Dude, they've never seen my dog giving me a mean look

j/k
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am anything but a people person and I will say that for the good part I don't see the point of extroversion.

Many arguments of extroverts come down to "People a important", "You need people to progress further", "Everybody needs people"

To be completly honset I don't see what is so special about people. We all need other people in some way but this sounds almost as dogma.
    If you are interested in psychology then you will probably see the diffrent side of the coin. But most people are not interested in psychology.

What do you find so attractive in other people (in general) ?
    this is hilarious and should really be pinned up somewhere...my god. i know it's not meant to be funny and i'm sorry if it bothers you that i think it is...but really...what's so good about people anyway???...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison