User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 153

  1. #41
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    i tend to prefer the company of other introverts. extroverts, because they are not inclined to study themselves, tend to lack understanding of the things that can only be learned by observing first-hand. because their knowledge of others is mostly holistic, i have a harder time making a connection with them. that is also why i dislike group settings, there is too much going on at once for people to be in-sync with each other. i think this comes from a need for efficiency... quality of socializing over quantity.

    i do find the stereotype interesting, though, because it is counter to my own thinking. extroverts probably socialize more actively, yes, but when it comes to actually understanding other people, they tend to strike me as more salesman than mechanic.
    that's from your view though...i can be in sync with many people in the room at the same time.
    and i am really confident in my ability to understand the people i'm with.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #42
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    that's from your view though...i can be in sync with many people in the room at the same time.
    and i am really confident in my ability to understand the people i'm with.
    He's just jealous.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  3. #43
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Perhaps. There is this conceit implicit that the Introvert mode is superior (I imagine most introverts think so) as more processing is taking place prior to conscious action. <snip>
    Agreed.

  4. #44
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    and... salesman?

    no...i'm the one getting other people to talk...it's not the erin show when i'm in the room...not all extraverts are that way.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  5. #45
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Thought deals with reflection, reasoning, planning, internal processing....

    The sensory and emotional experience is different. Not that extroverts are deficient in frontal lobe activity, they just has less going on there.
    That was fun. I totally agree with syn, some Introvert seems to believe-yet-not-clearly-say that Introvertion is what people that can think do.

    Actually you can turn the argument around. How can you have a rich inner world if most of what you're doing is process the same data over and over again, building internal systems and not always bothering to check if it has anything to do with the real world.
    Just look at most philosophers, i can easily argue against most arguments they throw at me because they just don't ever focus on large enough pictures and trust A+B=X without bothering to look at the rest of the alphabet.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  6. #46
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Perhaps. There is this conceit implicit that the Introvert mode is superior (I imagine most introverts think so) as more processing is taking place prior to conscious action.

    I think of it more as turtles vs. hares. Introverts sit behind their eyes and plot their movements, only coming out when they have "processed", quickly retracting into the interior when danger appears. Extraverts just treat the world as their interior, living intimately connected with it. Thinking as inseparable from direct engagement.
    Squirrels, raccoons, mice... do the same thing - they treat the outside world as their interior. I think the ability to reflect on our experience is what makes humans unique.

    But really, I don't think extroverts are limited in intelligence because of their extroversion at all. The S/N divide has much more to do with intelligence.

  7. #47
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    and... salesman?

    no...i'm the one getting other people to talk...it's not the erin show when i'm in the room...not all extraverts are that way.
    Yeah I think that's why I see other personalities differently than many people do. And why I think many people tell me that they act differently around me, more themselves. It's a different interaction.

  8. #48
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That was fun. I totally agree with syn, some Introvert seems to believe-yet-not-clearly-say that Introvertion is what people that can think do.

    Actually you can turn the argument around. How can you have a rich inner world if most of what you're doing is process the same data over and over again, building internal systems and not always bothering to check if it has anything to do with the real world.

    Just look at most philosophers, i can easily argue against most arguments they throw at me because they just don't ever focus on large enough pictures and trust A+B=X without bothering to look at the rest of the alphabet.
    Bingo. How brilliant are you if you walk around with toilet paper on your shoe?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  9. #49
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Ha, what is this, the All Snark All The Time channel? :-D

    Shortnsweet, was it you who was talking about driving and thinking "tree. fence. tree." and then having to get on the phone to get your S on?

    I will never get over that.

    I'd imagine the differences are pretty huge between I and E, if we could just realize them. (Besides the fact that the moon men don't talk to Es, poor things...)
    lol. Yea That was me.

  10. #50
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    well hell it's not about one being superior. it's just that they come to conclusions before sharing thoughts and we brainstorm...or think out loud a lot of the time...we're still arriving at the same place.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Similar Threads

  1. What Do You Think About When You See This Picture?
    By Mal12345 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-07-2014, 11:18 AM
  2. What do Sensors think about when on auto pilot?
    By Elfboy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 08:11 AM
  3. What do you think about?
    By proteanmix in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 01:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO