First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    That's because you, like most introverts, live inside a spaceship made of flesh and bone.
    I think that's the first thing I've wanted to sig. I will resist.

I can spend time alone, I actually love to read, thats alone time. I love sewing, which is spending hours alone. If I have to sit and think I will think. I can spend time alone, I just prefer people. I'm friends with a lot of introverts, actually. They sure do talk a lot, too.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I think that's the first thing I've wanted to sig. I will resist.

I can spend time alone, I actually love to read, thats alone time. I love sewing, which is spending hours alone. If I have to sit and think I will think. I can spend time alone, I just prefer people. I'm friends with a lot of introverts, actually. They sure do talk a lot, too.
    You are ENTP. Accept it.

We should stop referring to introverts as introverts and start referring to them as social retards, which seems more accurate. Because, you're right, once they know you, you can rarely shut them up.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    yeah...introverts don't just sit in a quiet room and think do they? i mean...don't they do the same thing...just maybe not feel that need to share their thoughts as often as we do...or want to brainstorm them like we do...but they're still doing it while doing something else...right?
    Ummm... I often sit around staring at the wall and cogitating. When I'm working on something difficult, I turn off the lights and start writing things out on Word. It's only after I've got a first draft of a concept in my mind that I look for outside feedback.
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Looking at brain activity is a good way to explain the difference between introverts and extroverts:

One study found that introverts have more blood flow in the frontal lobes of their brain and the anterior or frontal thalamus, which are areas dealing with internal processing, such as planning and problem solving. Extraverts have more blood flow in the anterior cingulate gyrus, temporal lobes, and posterior thalamus, which are involved in sensory and emotional experience. Extraversion and introversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Extroverts need to seek ways to heighten their arousal level, they need more stimulation to be happy. While introverts are more self-sufficient in this aspect.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Looking at brain activity is a good way to explain the difference between introverts and extroverts:

One study found that introverts have more blood flow in the frontal lobes of their brain and the anterior or frontal thalamus, which are areas dealing with internal processing, such as planning and problem solving. Extraverts have more blood flow in the anterior cingulate gyrus, temporal lobes, and posterior thalamus, which are involved in sensory and emotional experience. Extraversion and introversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Extroverts need to seek ways to heighten their arousal level, they need more stimulation to be happy. While introverts are more self-sufficient in this aspect.
    With regard to blood flow in the brain and brain activity: Classic chicken or egg problem.

Do introverts and extraverts differ because of something innate or are the physical phenomena dictated by well established habits of thought? My thinking of specific experiences can trigger blood flow in specific areas. So, in other words, these findings say little of value except that introverts and extraverts think differently, which... we already know.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Well, I am what I would call a passive extrovert, I guess. I usually am surrounded by animals so I go on a walk with Dodger or read a book while petting Rapey the cat and it is enough to satiate my extroversion. Most of my close friends are introverts. Their presence is less aggressive.

I also like to sit in a room full of people and ink drawings. The energy I get from other people makes me feel productive, while being productive means I can be less actively social and can pick and choose which topics of conversation I would like to join in on.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Well, I am what I would call a passive extrovert, I guess. I usually am surrounded by animals so I go on a walk with Dodger or read a book while petting Rapey the cat. Most of my close friends are introverts. Their presence is less aggressive. I also like to sit in a room full of people and ink Hendo's drawings. The energy I get from other people makes me feel productive, and being productive means I can be less actively social and can pick and choose which topics of conversation I would like to join in on.
    Eh, most extroverts get little from other extroverts. We're outties. They're innies. We need each other. Extroverts are dicks and introverts are pussies. Two dicks can't do anything for each other and two pussies can't do anything for each other. You need a balance of energies.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

With regard to blood flow in the brain and brain activity: Classic chicken or egg problem.

Do introverts and extraverts differ because of something innate or are the physical phenomena dictated by well established habits of thought? My thinking of specific experiences can trigger blood flow in specific areas. So, in other words, these findings say little of value except that introverts and extraverts think differently, which... we already know.
    On the extroverts end of the difference, it's not really thinking. It's sensory and emotional experience that you possess in greater magnitude.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    On the extroverts end of the difference, it's not really thinking. It's sensory and emotional experience that you possess in greater magnitude.
    Define thinking.

You act as if there is no subject involved when observing physical and emotional realities.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

You are ENTP. Accept it.

We should stop referring to introverts as introverts and start referring to them as social retards, which seems more accurate. Because, you're right, once they know you, you can rarely shut them up.
    Me, ENTP. HAHAHAHAHAH.

I don't think they are at all social retards. I'm such a dork I'm sure there are plenty of Ixxx that are social more adept than me!

I just think assuming extroverts are personal retards because we focus more on social aspects is lame too.

I guess you really did hit it on the head though. Just because we focus on social doesn't make us unable to be personal. And just because introverts focus on personal doesn't make them less able to be social.