User Tag List

First 6141516

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I think everyone thinks about different things when they're alone. I really don't think being an introvert or an extrovert has any impact on what you think about. I always thought of it as an attitude. A direction (inwards or outwards) for your cognitive functions.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I would think extroverts think about the same things as introverts when they're alone, just more people-oriented.
    First part sure, second part about being more people orientated I wouldnt agree with. I like people, like I really like em but I dont always think about others or pine over the lack of company when Im alone. Im still a T after all, people are important but not my primary concern in life.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    I think everyone thinks about different things when they're alone. I really don't think being an introvert or an extrovert has any impact on what you think about. I always thought of it as an attitude. A direction (inwards or outwards) for your cognitive functions.
    I agree, it's not as much about a difference of 'what' you think about as how you think about it and what the thought processes are like.

I think it's really hard to explain to someone how you 'think' -- I think what you are really asking is how someone filters their consciousness and reality.

And that's incredibly hard to capture and convey with words - language is so limited here because it's hard to make sure you are speaking the same language and comparing 'apples to apples'.

I still wonder if what and how goes on inside my head is what goes on, more or less, in other people's heads. If the only difference is content, non/linear sequences, and speed/time spent on topics.

PS Human minds can only supposedly think about 8 or something things at once. Once you think of the 9th, one of the others drops off. It is also incredibly hard to think about 'nothing' at all and 'empty' your mind for more than a fraction of a second. At least intentionally. I think.

PPS Tangential but I think other extroverts in this thread have commented on doing things alone? I have always prided myself and cultivated my independence, so I've been going to movies, shopping, and eating meals out alone since adolescence. I once even went to an amusement park by myself just to prove something to myself in highschool (not kidding).

I know now through experience what kind of events I want to go to alone and what kind of places and events I'd prefer or even would only consider going to with a friend or a group. Certain experiences are enhanced or even only possible with other people - other experiences you're fine or really should do alone.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari