User Tag List

First 513141516 Last

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

hahahaha. ok i don't mean that mindless.

the game i had in mind for that post was Age of Empires. if that helps at all.

as for the strength of my E usually between 50 and 70 so quite strong. that is hardly borderline.

i am not sure how to explain this.
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ENTJ Extraordinaire View Post
    hahahaha. ok i don't mean that mindless.

the game i had in mind for that post was Age of Empires. if that helps at all.

as for the strength of my E usually between 50 and 70 so quite strong. that is hardly borderline.

i am not sure how to explain this.
    Yeah, when I say mindless, I really do mean mindless. I've never heard of Age of Empires. My choice of computer games has always been the mindless ones - Tetris, Minesweeper, Solitaire etc.

I assume your scale is 100E.....0.....100I. Funnily enough, I would have put myself towards the more extreme end of the introversion scale. The last personality test I had to do at work said something like 95% of people are more extraverted than me. No idea how accurate that was, though.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

well Age of Empires is a game where you are the Leader of a civilization and you create your civilization, becoming the most powerful of a group of nations you are versing. basically you just need to organise and structure things, and have control over several aspects like your Settlers/Civilian types, and your army types. require very little concentration, but maybe thats just me.
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    So many things that I am having difficulty grasping this question as well as formulating any kind of coherent response.

I'm alone more often than not, and oftentimes even when "with" others I am still quite alone with my thoughts in my head.

Everything that I find fascinating and meaningful to and about life I spend time thinking about. And that happens to be a lot of things, ranging from the purely theoretical to the highly personal. Sometimes I analyze, sometimes I organize ideas, sometimes I run with a new idea or theory, it really all depends.

For example, today, I have primarily been thinking about music and musical theory.
    this is me too....if i'm in a room full of people and THEY are having chit chat...i'll be alone in my thoughts too...or any sort of place when not actively engaged in conversations...i'm conceptualizing some photography shot, analyzing some emotional situation, dreaming up plans, organizing thoughts and sorting out priorities...in much the same way i imagine an introvert does.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Funny story! I started playing Age of Empires sophmore year of college. This lasted less than a week. Running countries is really boring.

My ENTJ roomate, however, started standing over me and giving directions and subsequently became addicted to Age of Empires. I think you ENTJs are just designed for world domination.

She also loves Risk (a game I cannot stand).

MBTI
    ISFJ

Civilization/Total War > all other strategy games

MBTI
    GONE

Default This is how I think - long stream of consciousness

I wish I could answer the OP question better but I'm kinda blah and stopped up at the moment.

When my mind is allowed to wander without a specific task at hand:

I'm like a little kid in some ways and a enneatype 7 (probably) so I spend a lot of time thinking about future plans, hobbies I'd like to take up, classes I want to take, languages I want to learn, ways to alleviate boredom, lol.

Beyond dreaming, I enjoy planning - finding classes, figuring out schedules, budgets, etc. By myself, I also plan activities and outings. I like events planning.

More hypothetical, I like to think about my life in different cities, where I'll be in 3-5-10 years, when I'll have children, what my ideal life would look like, who my partner will be, etc.

^^ I told you, I'm like a kid in a lot of ways as far as what I think about.

I also think about principles and theories of behavior, personal growth, relationships, 'the best way to live', what it means to be alive, ways I want to be and live my life.

I think less and less as I get older about why other people are the way they are and think more about how to get things done and making my own way.

I also think specifically about my interpersonal relationships, people's quirks, things that annoy me. I think about moments and situations and people that make me uncomfortable and what the issues are and how to resolve them. I think about secrets and shame. I think about feelings and moments that I value and how to recreate them. A lot of my thinking is 'emotional'.

I daydream a lot.

I think about outfits and clothing and furniture and architecture and setting up pictures (I am an aesthetic person and I want/ed to be a designer)

I also remember funny moments and interactions and I can start laughing spontaneously. I think my Si is better than average for an ENFP because I have a pretty good memory and can recall events pretty well. I'm the 'memory card' for all my drunken friends, which they do not necessarily like.

I sometimes play out hypothetical dialogue in my mind. I sometimes think of lines in stories and prose. I play with words. Sometimes music, but not as much anymore (sigh).

I don't ever think about my life "as a movie" though - I don't really understand that concept.

If I'm out and about, my Ne feeds me lots and lots of stimulus and I think about a lot of random things. And I don't "think" so much as feel and emote and let thoughts feelings/ideas/memories/stimulus swirl inside me. I enjoy just sitting and looking at environments - out the apartment window in the Upper West Side at NYC traffic, off a back porch in a cabin in snowy Virginia, at the gay beach in Miami. I like ~being~. My thought processes alone or with other people are not linear. If I were alone in a white room, I could probably amuse myself for longer than expected but yes, after a while I would start getting batty.

Good enough answer?

I'm still not sure if the OP will get their answer? It's really hard to convey to someone how you think.

PS I am actively trying NOT to think about things because I do not want to deal with them or DO them at the moment.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

My normal thoughts look like;

They jump from thing to thing in a matter of moments, even just writing that short sentence my mind left to pursue about 5 different tangents before I could resume writing. Anything and everything is entertained, I can't give a succinct list because there is no limit. This is not restricted to when I'm alone either, I'll often disappear into my head when surrounded by boring conversation or unengaged.

When over stressed my thoughts look like;

I struggle to come up any new thoughts and resort to losing myself in music or daydreams.

MBTI
    I

I would think extroverts think about the same things as introverts when they're alone, just more people-oriented.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    i pretty much could've written this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    and this
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison