User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    exactly!
    Oh, shit! Did I make my team lose the battle just now?! Self-consciousness is not it, Grayscale, I know that much. I mean, if anything, maybe Es are more self-conscious, since they make a clearer distinction between the self and others. The notion of "Self" is a relative concept. Regardless, I'm but one E, I could be the exception to the rule for all we know

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    the first function would theoretically dictate introversion or extroversion, as well as the nature of that. theoretically, INTP would prefer introverted thinking backed up extroverted intuition, while the ENTP would start with Ne followed by Ti.
    Well, theoretically we all use 4 e functions and 4 i functions and all of them affect our thought patterns. But I don't know much about typology so I dunno.

EcK: Yesterday's topic, where you were hitting on me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

A.O. just to clarify...i was not mocking you in any way...just found the contrast to my view amusing.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am anything but a people person and I will say that for the good part I don't see the point of extroversion.

Many arguments of extroverts come down to "People a important", "You need people to progress further", "Everybody needs people"

To be completly honset I don't see what is so special about people. We all need other people in some way but this sounds almost as dogma.
    If you are interested in psychology then you will probably see the diffrent side of the coin. But most people are not interested in psychology.

What do you find so attractive in other people (in general) ?
    This really should be another thread.

People are there for you to interact with so you can continue making little INTJ's. People are food for thought. People are there to bounce your grand schemes off of - if it weren't for people most of your "big ideas" wouldn't work or even be able to be thought of. People are there for you to feel needed as a brilliant person. People are even there to make you feel brilliant.

Pretending that someone wouldn't need their base needs of affection met, there is no need for people. They are a perk of existence to be enjoyed and utilized.

You should read Asimov's robot novels, actually the second one, naked sun.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    EcK: Yesterday's topic, where you were hitting on me.
    whadyamean
    I'm always hitting on you
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    It's kind of hilarious that every single thread about one type vs another devolves so quickly into "which is superior?"
    'Lulah - chump-thumping since 1982.

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

When I'm alone, with only my mind to entertain me, I think about:

ways to solve problems, both personal and impersonal ones.
    life in general, including ways to make life better and more meaningful.
    death.
    things I want to do, build, write, experience, etc.
    things that interest my intellectual and playful curiosities.
    the past and the future.
    fantasies that could lead to some sort of good idea, understanding, inspiration, or motivation

I do not often think about:

specific people.
    what other people are presently doing.
    what is going on outside.
    the fact that I'm alone.

When I'm alone, with full access to everything except for other people, I think about most of the same stuff, but I'm a lot more active, so I also think about the things I'm currently doing.

I:

read.
    write.
    surf, research, read, interact, etc... on the web.
    play, record, and listen to music.
    watch movies, and, occasionally, television.
    physically act out the ideas that my imagination supplies.
    build, invent, draw, walk, dance, do boring work, and work on my web site.

I do not often:

call people on the phone just to talk.
    bang my head into the wall and write blog posts about how lonely I am. (Because I'm not.)

My introversion and extroversion are very balanced. Being alone is very natural to me. There's a lot of things in life that you can't do alone and there's a lot of things in life that you can only do alone. I've always been able to see it that way so it's never really mattered to me that much whether I was alone or with other people. Things that I experience in the real world with other people will give me things to think about it, and introspection and deep thought add to who I am which helps me contribute, achieve, and experience more as a social being.

I can be alone for a very long time building things or refining some ideas and then go have a blast sharing them with other people. I think I enjoy both parts of the process equally. I've always felt like it was my purpose to provide mankind with more options, and I'm always kind of working on that kind of thing whether I'm alone or with a bunch of people. It's just that, when I'm already with other people, I'm a lot more enthusiastic about it. I enjoy leading, provoking thought, inspiring, talking, entertaining, goofing off, solving problems, group projects, sports, games, experiments, etc...
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    whadyamean
    I'm always hitting on you
    Touch!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    A.O. just to clarify...i was not mocking you in any way...just found the contrast to my view amusing.
    I know and I am not upset about what happened. I did not want to come as antagonist(more or less) but it looks like I did.

I see that no one managed to get see my point. Which is that everybody needs people but why would someone want to be energized by them?
    As a person I am like a baloon of neutrality, people don't energize me or drain me. What is probably because of other letters and their strength.
    What I am saying is that you can get some bonus without becoming "addictive" to people. To me entire thing looks like a handicap of some kind. (I am not trying to insult anyone with this)

Es usually like small talk. While I don't see the point of it in almost all cases.
    What I am saying is that while you are energyzing yourself you could do something else.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Why would someone want to be a female?

It's not about want.

(p.s you are wrong about small talk. I hate to say this to an INTJ but you don't really know as much as you think about this.)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm very extroverted function speaking, though I have an antisocial streak a mile wide (I think about myself and such from the outside and think about things outside of myself almost constantly- I do not seek people out though)

my thoughts

- wonder what's going on on the internet?
    - what's on tv?
    - any good books on the shelf that I haven't finished reading or need to re-read?
    - I wonder what happens if an elephant gets a cold? would the answer be online?
    - what do I want to be when I grow up?
    - should I flip off that other driver or yell an obscenity at them?
    - why does the dog keep staring at me? did I forget to feed him?
    - the windchimes sound nice- it must be windy- who invented windchimes anyways?
    - why is everyone else so f-ing weird?

yeah- I'm not too deep I fear
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett