User Tag List

1231151 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Talking Admit something silly about yourself

I am an athiest who carries a four leaf clover pressed inside her copy of The God Delusion.

I sometimes do a tarot reading, take it seriously while I am doing it, and then laugh about how stupid an athiest doing this must look.

I sometimes feel someone following me, and wonder if it is supernatural, yet still call myself an athiest.

Anyone else have anything they do, that doesn't quite fit what they believe, or something silly?
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFP

I sometimes make silly threads that I quickly wish to be disassociated with lol

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh, I'll give you something silly in a bit, after I get done thinking about it, so you don't feel so silly on your own.

One is that I often end up defending Christians against atheists, and then end up defending atheists against Christians. (Even if intellectually this is not silly, I'm silly because I end up having no side that is willing to defend me!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh, I'll give you something silly in a bit, after I get done thinking about it, so you don't feel so silly on your own.

One is that I often end up defending Christians against atheists, and then end up defending atheists against Christians. (Even if intellectually this is not silly, I'm silly because I end up having no side that is willing to defend me!)
    You know I have seen so many agonstics and athiests do that lol, I never really understood it.

I am waiting for your sillys then. make me feel less alone.

MBTI
    INFP

It's kind of hard to think of things that qualify as "silly" rather than "stupid" or "downright scary".

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    It's kind of hard to think of things that qualify as "silly" rather than "stupid" or "downright scary".

Ok lol give me something stupid then. (although I think stupid and silly are not really that far apart in what they represent)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Ok lol give me something stupid then. (although I think stupid and silly are not really that far apart in what they represent)
    Stupid: my maternal grandparents, maternal aunt, paternal uncle and paternal aunt all died of cancer, and my mother has had cancer repeatedly and has it now. And I smoke.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Stupid: my maternal grandparents, maternal aunt, paternal uncle and paternal aunt all died of cancer, and my mother has had cancer repeatedly and has it now. And I smoke.
    Ah see what you mean.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Near the end of the day, I'll stop listening to music, computer games, movies, etc., because the sound is tiring. In a bit, though, I'll turn something on because it's too quiet.

If I walk outside and it's cold, I'll just walk around cold rather than get something warmer.

I'll plan out trips to buy stuff at a store, to make them as effeciently as possible, but over and over I forget something. However, I don't ever use lists so as not to use extra paper (even though the travel time probably more than compensates for the paper time.)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    Near the end of the day, I'll stop listening to music, computer games, movies, etc., because the sound is tiring. In a bit, though, I'll turn something on because it's too quiet.

I do that often, infact much as I long for silence, I need background noise because the silence becomes opressive.