Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Appropriate replies to the statement "I love you" does not include "I know"
    It worked for Han Solo!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I'm terrified of refrigerated biscuit dough containers when the POP as you open them.
    Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    NOTE: Do not EVER tell a woman that you're reminded of such biscuit dough containers as she opens the button on her jeans.

Do not ask me how I know this...
    Why do I get the feeling the consequences are far more terrifying? :eek:

one more: i'm in the process of building a Hamtaro hamster hogwarts house that contains a royal hamster harem. I'll post pics when it is done.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Quirks when eating M&Ms, Skittles, Starburst, or other colorful candies
    1. I must have four. But they must be paired into two colors. I will put one colored pair into one side of my mouth, and the other colored pair into the other side. I will then bite into them simultaneously.
    2. I must have four in two-colored pairs, but the pairs will be divided. However, I will place one of each color into one side of the mouth, and one of each color on the other side, where I will bite down simultaneously.
    3. If I decide to have a handful of candy, I must have an equal number of each color.

^^^Would anyone consider the above to be because of an inferior Se function?^^^

Other Quirks
    • Sometimes when I'm eating, I must have an equal amount of chewing on both sides of my mouth.
    • When eating a cheeseburger and fries, I must eat all the fries first before I touch the burger. If I get Burger King and even forget to eat the fries that fell out of the box into the bag after eating the burger, I feel compelled to get another meal so that I do not repeat the same mistake.
    • I eat my boogers, because studies show that it's actually good for you, and I have a theory of my own to support that.
    • I often feel the need to sterilize my shower after every use. And before I get in, I always remove the hair that gets stuck on the drain...and I don't want to know which body part it came from.
    • I find Disney cartoons quite erotic -- especially Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and The Lion King.
    • I don't know if it's a quirk or that I'm much more sane than most, but I cannot stand eating when babies are around. Their sloppy eating skills are worse than watching adults slurp and chew with their mouth open, and I don't know why people are disgusted by that, but not by watching babies slobber their food all over the table.
    • Imagining myself looking inside a container full of maggots whets my appetite -- for some reason, maggots remind me of elbow macaroni.
    • I hate the sound of screaming kids. I wish parents could keep a bottle of chloroform with them when they go out in public with the kids.
    I used to have a lot of weird quirks like this as a kid, I am not sure what I did to get rid of them, but they have mostly gone away (or become milder). I still eat all of one type of food before touching the next. I still eat my M&Ms/skittles by color group--all of one color followed by all of another, nothing as elaborate as yours(though I see the appeal of your particular ritual). I also get a little upset when there aren't equal numbers of the colors in the bag, and I like getting some sort of "balance-of-flavor"(even if they are basically the same flavor). I must also admit I sometimes find cartoon characters errotic.

I do not eat my boogers or find the thought of maggots appetizing.

I don't like the sound of screaming kids, but I think chloroform is extreme.

I also had and have a lot of weird impulses that I have to exert a lot of will power to controll. They are a little too embarassing (though, I don't believe they are dangerous) to post online.

So I will go with one that I believe will be percieved as more sane...

I get a little teary-eyed during sports movies.

They are generally more emotional than people give them credit for. They are generally about people overcomming their own short-commings while breaking free of unfair/imbalanced situations to their disatvantage, and defeating a disliked foe. Overall they are metaphors for the human struggle to exist.

MBTI
    INFP

I have to sleep with the blanket tucked around my neck with no gaps around it, my neck must be covered. this stems from a childhood fear that miniature Native American Indians would clamber up my body a la gullivers travel style and stab me in the neck lol and for some reason that is just the way I have continued to use the blanket. This is even in the summer when other people are tossing the blankets off. (that didn't sound right lol)
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I rearrange grocery store shelves so loaves of bread are upright, because my family had weird superstitions. Somehow bread on its side, or (God forbid) upside down, is hopelessly unlucky.

Speaking of superstitions, I have weird (some even sexist!) New Year's ones: A man must be the first to enter the house after midnight. I hide money outside before midnight, and bring it in after midnight, for good luck.

I like to do things in fours. I even made myself start doing things in fives to break out of the fours habit.

Til a few years ago, I always checked under my bed before going to sleep. As if the serial killer wouldn't, you know, just stab me in the face while I was looking.

I want to write a book.

I want to be a contestant on the World Series of Pop Culture. I'm not kidding about this.

No matter how cold it is, I have to sleep with one foot uncovered. Just one - not both.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    It worked for Han Solo!
    Yeah, but we all know Han is awesomer than me...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

oh I realized another one... I have this thing about having the sheets on me when I go to bed as I like to rub my toes between the sheets as I fall asleep... My husband teases me relentlessly about this too and always tries to pull the sheets away from my feet....
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    That was... err... interesting. I'll highlight the ones that seem reasonably normal, and the rest are... well... a bit atypical? Have you talked to a therapist recently?
    Um, actually, I've been seeing therapists practically all my life. Trust me, they don't do much to help the problem (unless you mean by helping the problem get worse). They always say the same damn thing -- they're more like football coaches than anything.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara
    I have to sleep with the blanket tucked around my neck with no gaps around it, my neck must be covered. this stems from a childhood fear that miniature Native American Indians would clamber up my body a la gullivers travel style and stab me in the neck lol and for some reason that is just the way I have continued to use the blanket. This is even in the summer when other people are tossing the blankets off. (that didn't sound right lol)
    I used to do this too, but it was from fear of vampires. I thought that if they were going to bite me when I was asleep, they would have to remove the blanket, thus waking me up and then I could quickly grab one of the freshly carved stakes from beside the bed and stab them in their evil heart, thus vanquishing a dark fiend.

I was OBSESSED with vampires as a child. I would read tons of books about them and I would fantasize about killing them in extravegant ways....but I would always imagine being one too and biting other people...

Then I stopped believing in vampires, so I stopped making stakes, and so I stopped sleeping with my neck covered.

A weird quirk that continues with me: I like to hit myself in the face with a pillow.
    9 wing 1

MBTI
    istp

I use to be scared to walk under trees at night. I always thought that a psycho killer or one of the living dead would drop out of the trees and get me. I use to go to all the horror movies at the local theater in the 60's and 70's.
    Scuse me, gotta run, some 'feeling type' is walking towards me trying to make something called conversation