User Tag List

First 12341252 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

In the winter, I'll drive with the windows down, but the heat on.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    In the winter, I'll drive with the windows down, but the heat on.

Lol that reminds me, in the winter I will complain about the heating bill, yet will walk around wearing shorts and a vest rather than put more clothes on and turn the heating down.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Stupid: my maternal grandparents, maternal aunt, paternal uncle and paternal aunt all died of cancer, and my mother has had cancer repeatedly and has it now. And I smoke.
    You're very silly.

See? It's all about detachment.
    Stupid = "too invested emotionally"
    Silly = "detachment"

Silly is the new Stupid.

[okay, was that silly enough for you?]

--- Here are a few more --

1. I drive with my car window down and my air conditioner on.
    2. In the humid summers, I turn up the AC at night ... then put a few blankets on me to sleep.
    3. I constantly tell myself "no more midnight snacks," then despite countless failures keep thinking, "Okay ... just ONE. A little one. I'll stop THIS time."
    4. I tell myself not to post here or waste time during my workday, then still leave my browser window open.
    5. Intellectually, I am agnostic as to God existing... and I still find myself reflexively talking to him in my head.
    6. I get up early to not be late for work for once... then end up reading extra in the bathroom and end up being later than normal.
    7. I keep expecting children to monitor their own behavior without any intervention on my part.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Lol that reminds me, in the winter I will complain about the heating bill, yet will walk around wearing shorts and a vest rather than put more clothes on and turn the heating down.
    In the winter, I tend to wear more light clothing than in the summer. I'm really strange. I have this unconscious tendency to be the opposite of people I'm around.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You're very silly.

See? It's all about detachment.
    Stupid = "too invested emotionally"
    Silly = "detachment"

Silly is the new Stupid.

[okay, was that silly enough for you?]
    That works for me lol

3. I constantly tell myself "no more midnight snacks," then despite countless failures keep thinking, "Okay ... just ONE. A little one. I'll stop THIS time."
    Snack.....I mean snap.

4. I tell myself not to post here or waste time during my workday, then still leave my browser window open.
    Snap again, if this was a card game I would be winning.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't like to eat leftovers, but i also feel guilty throwing them away, so i just leave them in the fridge until they are spoilt, and then I chuck'em guilt free.

Oh, and i'm also building a hamster house for my Hamtaro figurines.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I don't like to eat leftovers, but i also feel guilty throwing them away, so i just leave them in the fridge until they are spoilt, and then I chuck'em guilt free.

I like that one, had me chuckling.

MBTI
    INFP

I fear to look at the naked light of a photocopier because I'm sure it's nuclear in some way. And I avoid looking at the sun on television.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    1. I drive with my car window down and my air conditioner on.
    I knew a wacky ESTJ (100% confirmed) that did this all the time, drove me nuts thinking of the waste of energy. I hated riding with him because of this.

6. I get up early to not be late for work for once... then end up reading extra in the bathroom and end up being later than normal.
    I do this, too, only with the internet instead.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I feel your pain. I hate eating them, but I can't throw them away until they're bad. Like someone will magically materialize and eat them. I guess it comes from being poor and having a big family...someone will eat it, right? RIGHT?

However, I will eat leftover pizza. It's my only consistent exception.

Some of mine:
    • I take on stupid projects/tasks and finish them, even though it's intensely annoying to do so...
    • I "loan" people money I know I will never see back again, and then when they ask again, I can't seem to tell them "no" until I'm flat broke. I've "loaned" many thousands over the last few years alone that never made it back to me. I probably get 50 bucks "back" for every grand I "loan", if that.
    • Telling people "no" on anything eats at me for a really long time, like years, and therefore I have a hard time doing it. That was how I ended up with my family here, for instance.
    • I waste lots of gas just driving for no reason at all. You might call it "cruising", but it's not the normal kind, instead I'll drive to some random desolate place in the middle of the night or take a long route to get somewhere.
    • I don't change my tips based on the service unless it is so ghastly that I have enough time to talk myself into it. I can only recall one time this has happened. Believe it or not, there are only two other ways to decrease your tip - apply it to the ticket without my consent (no additional at all) or print the amount it "should be" on the receipt, in which case I'll write in one on the list, or maybe less (I find it insulting).
    • I eat whatever I'm given, even if it's way more than I want to eat. This is especially a problem when I, say, go out for lunch, which is usually enough for an entire day (with a few small snacks), and mom makes/serves me dinner.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I knew a wacky ESTJ (100% confirmed) that did this all the time, drove me nuts thinking of the waste of energy. I hated riding with him because of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    [*] I waste lots of gas just driving for no reason at all.
    Hrmmmm.

---

Sometimes on sweltering hot days, I'll drive somewhere and not open the windows or turn on the AC just to see how long I can take it.