User Tag List

Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Admit something silly about yourself

I've always envisioned the A tier, in regards to grading rubric, limited only to academics/scholars; the B+ marks the highest achievement a student can receive.

I truly find the B+ as the perfect grade: one tries a moderate amount, but not an exhausting amount, can actively demonstrates a little more than average comprehension of the subject, and satisfies a healthy balance between time invested into the subject work vs. play.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    And I've slept in a ditch before, sober. It was just something I felt I had to do.
    Reading this made me want to go find other stuff you have written.

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    If I am eating french fries with little ketchup packets I will not just squeeze the packets out to make a ketchup mound for dipping...I will put a line of ketchup on each individual fry that I eat. I have noticed that this drives most of my friends crazy...or will at least bother them enough to the point where they will comment on my actions.
    I like to chew all the chocolate off the sides of Coffee Crisp bars, then eat each layer of the 1st set of wafers from the top down, pulling them apart as much as possible, then the middle sugary stuff, then I usually just eat the bottom layers stuck together. I've been told it is squirrel-like. It is definitely messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I trail my fingers on everything I walk past, and often get dirt all over my fingertips from filthy railings and such.
    I like to touch things to enjoy their textures. I have also eaten or tasted things that are not food including agar gel and antifreeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Me, too. I also make up words to songs and sing them out loud to my cats and houseplants.
    I sing homemade words to my kids all the time, mostly about the stupidist things. And they are still young enough to like it. Wait until they are 13. (Well, they won't all be there at the same time, I will have to wait for it to happen one after the other...)

I trace my conversations in my head to see how they have proceeded. I ask people if I may ask them a question. I break up my sentences when I IM or am in irc. I tell people when I am going to the washroom. I like to walk in mud. I hate wearing shoes. I like doing unexpected things sometimes to see how others might react. I pick up pennies partially for good luck and partially because I am of Scottish descent. I hate to throw anything away in case I might need it later(...but as I age I am getting better at discriminating what I actually MIGHT need later).

That's enough.

When having conversations I often type out the words (barely noticeable) in the air when my arms are at my sides/on my lap, etc. I just move the right fingers. I can't help it sometimes. I also do this with piano, if I know the song on the radio. Guitar I don't, but trumpet I do.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

For a long time my normal stride was more like "floating" than like walking. It's hard for me to explain now, as, even when my parents decided that it wasn't normal such that they took me to a doctor who ordered an MRI, I was largely unaware of there being any problem with it. The general consensus, as for what this looked like, is that I never moved my arms, and every step I took would be measured in a way that my upper body barely moved at all.

One friend suggested that I learned how to walk this way from watching the crude walking animations prevalent in so many 90s-era computer and console RPGs.

8w9 sx/sp

I sing loudly to embarrass my friends in public.

If I like someone and have a picture of them, I zoom into their face and stare at it until the feeling of silliness > bliss.

I get paranoid over insufficient leads for people to give me the cold shoulder.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

well, being an INFP.. I take every thing to heart.
    so one day I'll be like "YAY! she's my best friend, I'm so happy!!!"
    and the next day I'll be like, "AUUUGHH, she HATES me!!"
    it gets on my nerves sometimes when I stop to think about that.

When dogs growl at me, sometimes I instinctively growl back

If nobody's around, I'll usually go down on all fours to climb a flight of stairs

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    - I still try to hide things that won't even get me in trouble if they were known. Like, I will go to Borders after work and buy a book, then feel a compulsion to hide it in my bookbag so that no questions will be asked. (I think in the past it was because my parents always interfered or were critical... so it was easier to avoid any potential displeasure.)
    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    I can't buy anything without immediately regretting the purchase no matter how much I want the thing.

9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Negative_ View Post
    When dogs growl at me, sometimes I instinctively growl back
    Sometimes when they bite me I bite back

Senior Member Array Desperado44's Avatar

I hate clothes and immediately strip them off when I get home ...and put on my cargo shorts and a t-shirt

I sometimes talk to myself.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

I like to stroke my mustache all during the day.

My sister hates it but I find it pleasurable and comforting.

It's like stroking my teddy bear. His name is Paddy O'Flarerty but I can't carry him around with me all day - so in a way I am my own portable teddy bear.

And indeed Colmena, who understands me perfectly, calls me just that - "Ted".
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on

And to understand the internet click on

Enter the Maelstrom with Marshall McLuhan by clicking on