EN?P
    Enneagram

I am a major fan of all satire.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I find "hypobole" more amusing than hyperbole. Both are funny, though.

Might as well list it:

Hyperbole.
    Hypobole.
    Absurdism/Surrealism.
    Irony.
    Practical jokes (Pranks).
    Word play (of a clever variety, not just flat puns).

Above all else, a possible trait that can unify all the previously mentioned forms of humor, is playing with expectations.
    That is probably the funniest thing to me.

-I'm an INTP, and I don't think much of corelation will be found.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INxJ

My humor taste ranges all over the map.

I should probably appreciate very witty, intelligent humor. While I do indeed, I laughed at Ali G more than anything else in my entire life. Uh huh. I kid you not. Then again, I have no problem with low grade humor. Yet, I didn't like Borat or Bruno even a tiny bit. Still, Sacha is the shiz.

(He doesn't even answer his phone on shabbos. I completely understand why Isla Fisher would put up with possibly never being able to marry Sacha Baron Cohen.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

My answer to the original question:
    No, I don't think it does.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

It would be useful to have specific examples of all of these things. Then I could give a more accurate answer.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Justin V View Post

Here are some types of humor:

Burlesque: a form of satire. Burlesque ridicules any basic style of speech or writing. (Parody makes fun of specific writings.)

Caricature: exaggeration of a personís mental, physical, or personality traits, in wisecrack form.

Epigram: clever, short saying about a general group. Mostly satire about mankind. Two types, wordplay and thought play.

Exaggerism: an exaggerated witticism that overstates the features, defects, or the strangeness of someone or something.

Freudian Slip: a funny statement which seems to just pop out, but which actually comes from the personís subconscious thoughts.

Hyperbole: extreme exaggeration.

Irony: a leading part of humor. Irony is using words to express something completely different from the literal meaning. Usually, someone says the opposite of what they mean and the listener believes the opposite of what they said.

Nonsensism: inclusive of the epigram and the wisecrack, it is any kind of funny nonsense in speaking form. Nonsensism includes all kinds of absurdity without realistic logic and makes a general observation of absurd reference.

Parody: humorous version of any well-known writing. Ex: Weird Al Yankovicís "Pretty Fly for a Rabbi".

Recovery: a combination of blunder and wit, where a person makes an error, and then saves himself with a fast correction.

Repartee: includes clever replies and retorts. The most common form is the insult.

Satire: wit that is critical humor. Satire is sarcasm that makes fun of something.

Situational Humor: this is comedy that comes from your own life. No one in your audience will have heard it and it can get a group used to you. This type of humor is based on a humorous situation that you have experienced.

Switching: a common form of switching is changing the main parts of the story, such as the setup or the punch line, and creating a new joke.

Understatement: making something that is regular or large seem extremely smaller or less. Intentionally down- sizing a large object.

Wisecrack: any clever remark about a particular person or thing. Wisecracks are quick wordplays about a person.

Wit: humor, irony, sarcasm, satire, repartee. Wit is funny because of the sudden sharpness and quick perception. Wit can bite. Verbal wit is a type of humor known as Wordplay.
    That is my list.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I've noticed a trend of satire and sensors not mixing well. South Park style satire, they can often get, but I've seen Ali G satire, which isn't that much more complex and intelligent than South Park, go right over their heads.

Lasting_Pain

I am a fan of everything really, as long as you can make me laugh then I am sufficed.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I've noticed a trend of satire and sensors not mixing well. South Park style satire, they can often get, but I've seen Ali G satire, which isn't that much more complex and intelligent than South Park, go right over their heads.
    Erm, that's not the case with me.
    My favourite comedy is satire, parody, sarcasm and dry wit. Comedy which is too 'overt' usually makes me groan or pull a face. Sometimes if someone just makes an amusing observation in a dry tone it will make me crack-up, whereas a lot of 'jokes' leave me cold.

Oh and I can't stand South Park.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Justin V View Post
    It's obvious that everyone thinks differently about what's funny and what's not funny. But do you know what type of humor you associate as funny? Are there some comedians you think are way more funny than others? Does one type of humor get you cracking up more than others?

FYI: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (the movie) always gets me cracking up! (agreed xDDD too funny south park too )

Anecdotes: (especially of this kind xDD) quote from wikipedia
    "Sometimes humorous, anecdotes are not jokes, because their primary purpose is not simply to evoke laughter, but to reveal a truth more general than the brief tale itself, or to delineate a character trait or the workings of an institution in such a light that it strikes in a flash of insight to their very essence." Anecdote - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Banter
    Blendword

Blue Humor: not appropriate for the public speaker. Humor based on easily offensive subjects like making love, body parts, and bodily functions. (depends but i have to admit many a times i have had a laughing attack over "some" body function humor, don't show this so easily though with anyone i don't know well)

Blunder.
    Caricature.

Conundrum: a word puzzle that canít be solved because the answer is a pun. Ex: why do cows wear bells? Their horns donít work. (heh)

Epigram: clever, short saying about a general group. Mostly satire about mankind. Two types, wordplay and thought play. xDD.

Irony: a leading part of humor. Irony is using words to express something completely different from the literal meaning. Usually, someone says the opposite of what they mean and the listener believes the opposite of what they said. (xD believed it before, "woah big sundae you got there. me: what*gets nervous/ not realizing it's a joke*....oh i don't have these much... friend replys " oh i was just kidding with you haha. *facepalm and urge to hide rising...stupid sensoritis* xDD)

Joke

Parody: humorous version of any well-known writing. Ex: Weird Al Yankovicís "Pretty Fly for a Rabbi".(XDD/ don't forget "your pitiful" *sighs a little* it's funny all in good fun "lalalala...loser /that gets me giggling* )

Practical Joke:

Satire:

Situational Humor:

Wisecrack:

Wit
    Last edited by Bellflower; 04-19-2009 at 08:57 AM.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)