User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I get energized when something interests me. Any type can do that.

MBTI
    I

This sort of makes sense. I notice when I'm around other I's, I tend to talk more as opposed to when I'm around E's. But at the same time, I'm also given more of an opportunity to talk lol. So I think it's more because of that and not really because of energy.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

These are some great replies.

I guess what I was feeling was more freedom around them, as other people have said more opportunity to talk and not getting smothered. I think I retain more energy around introverts than I do with extroverts, but that energy is still being expelled. I guess this explains why I prefer to hang out with introverts.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Introverts drain my energy more slowly than extroverts, though there are islands of energy that I get from interacting with either one, but more often with introverts.
    Tune into Ventrilo weeknights between 6pm and 1am PST for continuation of universe dominating shenanigans and occassional type-related propaganda.........

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

i think its just more or less the feeling of being around one of your own
    it takes little effort on paper.......
    but i've found ENFxs to be blasts

meh
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Energized by both, for a time at least... I can spend a whole day with an introverted buddy, but with extroverts I run out of fuel within a couple hours.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Something I've noticed is that when I'm around introverts who are more introverted than me, I can sometimes ease into the extrovert role. And for a little while, the whole "getting socially drained by people" doesn't apply.
    I can relate. I morph into a extrovert when I'm with my most introverted friend. It's fun for awhile; seeing a different side of myself which I rarely get to experience. However, I get drained in this role as well.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I guess what I was feeling was more freedom around them, as other people have said more opportunity to talk and not getting smothered.

I was married to someone much more introverted than I, then I dated someone more extroverted that I.

I miss being married to the introvert because I felt extroverted around him. It was as though his extremely reserved nature made me want to balance things out by bouncing off the walls, talking incessantly. LOL! I also found that I was much more optimistic around him (he was very pessimistic).

The extrovert I dated was very affectionate and sociable, which made me want to guard myself and become more reserved. I found that I was much more pessimistic and skeptical around him (he was overly optimistic).

I've always been interested as to why I've reacted this way.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I don't think it matters too much either way to me. In some ways it is good to be around someone that is just as nervous in social situations as myself (ie. an introvert) but the free and easy manners of an extrovert can really put me at ease.

I had a flatmate who was very introverted and talking to him was like pulling teeth. I used to think he hated me but really he just wasn't much of the talking type. I have such a fear of those sort of awkward conversations that an extrovert is often preferable. That said, I know a lot of introverts that are very communicative (like myself).

My energy in conversation generally comes from my level of interest in the subject matter rather than the level of introversion/extroversion in person I'm speaking to. Of course, if I get stonewalled, ignored or brushed off it doesn't exactly work too well - and this can come from either type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I've stumbled upon a lot of introverted sensors and I get along well with them yet at times communication wise I tend to say very little because I know they are less interested in the my talk and save stacks of energy.

I get exhausted speaking with family members and they are introverted intuitive. I rarely speak with anyone else so that is a misrepresentation since they tend to be difficult to deal with.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

It doesn't matter type so much as if the people aren't too serious and are good laughers. I like the company of people who I have good comedic chemistry with- I have come across both introverts and extroverts who can provide me this. There are plenty of too serious extraverts and introverts both too.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables