Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Garg: I think it did indeed on IM. See? That's why you need to hop on more.
    All I say to this is
    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I think I'm energized by introverts for a moment, but on a longer run, I need my sweet solitude.
    Same here.
    =P
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    TRUE

Not energized, but another introvert is less draining of energy and tolerance, allowing for more time to pass before the need to escape arrives. Another benefit is that the extra time spent is always more enjoyable. Another INTP or an INTJ for non-stop conversations, an ISTJ for grounding in reality, and an INFJ for conversation that starts and stops, but with no awkward discomfort during the silence.
    “Naked to unknown forces, fortune evades mere understanding. The trial of effort.
    The dream of change. Such a place might Hell be to thought and action.”
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INxJ

If we are discussing an exciting idea, sure. Otherwise, I'd say the exchange is more stable over a longer time period, than with extroverts. Not necessarily energizing.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I realize that I become slightly energized around other introverts, but get exhausted around extroverts (the way we are supposed to). Does this happen to anyone else?
    Maybe you see them more similar to you and get some kicks out of the realization?

I don't think there is a change in my attitude in the way you describe it. I can get very uncomfortable with some introverts, in a way that rarely happens with extroverts. It's like, if I see the introvert is being in a certain defensive attitude, I can't be myself and it is more straining than being with extroverts. It can come down to a situation where I need to force myself to be the extrovert because I see they are uncomfortable and I need to make them more relaxed and blaah blaah blahhhh... It is very unpleasant. On the other hand, there are some extroverts that I am very comfortable with, they don't seem to strain me at all.

So, I think it has a lot to do with how comfortable you are with the people.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Despite a common belief, not every extroverts are energized by any other extroverts.

In fact, we're a bit like psychic vampires, we often prefer to feed on you, introverts!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    In fact, we're a bit like psychic vampires, we often prefer to feed on you, introverts!
    True, it is much more safe to feed on the fangsless.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

If by "other introverts" you mean "methamphetamine," then yes.

Not really.
    When I want to be with people, I'll be with Extroverts. When I want to be alone, I'll be alone.
    When I am with my Introvert friend I can be just as drained as when I am with Extroverts. The only difference is that he understands this, as we both need quiet time, and we'll both give space and time to each other. Some Extroverts don't fully get why one would need some alone time.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    True, it is much more safe to feed on the fangsless.
    Yes... plus the fact you have this wonderful ability to keep me focused, despite my wild frantic Ne outbursts...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Sometimes, but when I need to be alone, I need to be alone. Very energetic extroverts seem to wear me out a bit quicker on average, but they are fun. I feel more comfortable with other introverts. Sometimes extroverts feel too intrusive, whereas introverts are less likely to overwhelm me.
    I think I'm saying essentially the same thing that lastrailway said, but in slightly different terms.
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...