User Tag List

First 12

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    This is not a failure of language. This is a failure of thinking.

Any idea, fully understood, can be explained. I live by this, so when I cannot explain an idea, I know I must not fully understand it myself. This is why teaching what you know can improve your grasp of a thing. So many times I am called upon to explain something I "know" only to find myself flailing in explaining, which reveals how little I really knew in the first place.
    Naw, it is the product and effect of my intuition capacity dwarfing my language facility.

I understand more things than I could ever explain, certain things I see cannot be explained via words, words fall short.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Would you agree to the possibility that if a language evolved enough that it could reach the potential of articulating intuition capacity via language facility? Some can. Up to the present anyway. Or maybe Once the language evolves enough to reach the intuition capacity then the intuition capacity surpasses the new language evolution and the facility never catches up to the capacity. Unless you use Navajo as a tool.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Would you agree to the possibility that if a language evolved enough that it could reach the potential of articulating intuition capacity via language facility? Some can. Up to the present anyway. Or maybe Once the language evolves enough to reach the intuition capacity then the intuition capacity surpasses the new language evolution and the facility never catches up to the capacity. Unless you use Navajo as a tool.
    Language is the medium and vessel in which we use to translate both the physical and abstract world via words, i.e. information packets.

Language identifies, via labeling, and explains, via defining.

Ultimately, language attempts to explain evermore things via creating new labels while utilizing old or other labels to define, or refine novel things/ideas/experiences, etc. if that makes sense.

:headexplodes:
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    i like new poster person.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Ya it makes sense but that only refers to the language you know or rather english in other words Other languages or i should say ancient languages aren't that nieve. They've been around awhile. Once again how many non indoeuropean countrys have people that see shrinks mainly because thier is bad comunication?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Um, my East Asian mother and the family and culture she comes from don't go see relationship counselors, or shrinks, in general, for entirely different reasons other than you seem to be suggesting.

They are less emotionally expressive, and in my opinion, in general, a hell of a lot more repressed than we Westerners are.

Therapy is awesome by the way, and the fact that people seek counseling is a positive indicator of, ironically, a healthy society where people are in touch with themselves and their problems.

One must be well enough to seek out therapy in the first place, and, I don't know if you are living in the same world as I, but it sure as shit seems like a lot of people are unhappy with their lives.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Posts above moved (or copied) from Synarch's "post me" thread.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Um, my East Asian mother and the family and culture she comes from don't go see relationship counselors, or shrinks, in general, for entirely different reasons other than you seem to be suggesting.

They are less emotionally expressive, and in my opinion, in general, a hell of a lot more repressed than we Westerners are.

Therapy is awesome by the way, and the fact that people seek counseling is a positive indicator of, ironically, a healthy society where people are in touch with themselves and their problems.

One must be well enough to seek out therapy in the first place, and, I don't know if you are living in the same world as I, but it sure as shit seems like a lot of people are unhappy with their lives.
    How interesting this is.

I have a tendency to idealise oriental culture. But when I have seen a person of oriental culture in a therapy setting, they seem like a fish out of water.

So it has come as some surprise to me to realise that some, if not all, oriental cultures are repressed and authoritarian.

It's just that they look so wonderful from the outside - and of course that is their intention. But inside an intense repression reigns. And of course this must be hidden.

And of course therapy is an immediate threat to the repressed psyche.

Look around you here and see how many of us bridle at the thought of seeking out of psychologist even for mild depression.

And yet therapy can release our creativity, our own voice and our own style.

And of course the repressed hate those who are creative with their own voice and style.

The repressed are repressive.