User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Familial relations don't follow the same rules as personal relations, as I'm sure you know.

If we were friends, and you said to me "I really don't want to talk right now, nothing against you, but I'm thinking through alot right now, is that cool?" I'd say "Absoultely, good luck! whereas your mother would say "You don't love me! You never have! I gave birth to you you ungrateful tramp!" or something like that.

I'm way extroverted but I am also sensitive to others, not everyone is, just set your boundaries and don't feel bad about it. You weren't put on this earth to take shit.

MBTI
    I

Damn, you must hate extreme extroverts more than I hate theory.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

My roomate is an extreme extrovert. I am an extrovert who is also an incredibly damaged shell of a human so it's a very passive form of extraversion.

Honestly, I can't handle extreme extroverts either. If you want to avoid them altogether, go ahead. That kind of energy is not for everybody. It certainly makes me incredibly uncomfortable and anxious.

I do find that if I provide only minimal response they eventually get burnt out and calm down. Then you can have an actual conversation with them.

Oberon

Wow... what a bastard.

Why don't you love your mother?

OK OK OK I was just kidding, all right?

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'm an extreme introvert and I get extremely annoyed and insensitive toward extreme extroverts, it doesn't matter what type they are.
    I have already told you at least 50 times, but I'll say it again: Welcome to the club. :rolleyes2:

Personally, I love UDogs idea to show her that article (my introvert).
    I had a person like your mother as well; she always wanted me to do extroverted stuff, thought introverted things are "unhealthy, not normal, wrong" and whatever. Other then fighting, hating and trying to avoid her as much as I could, I moved out with 17. But I can't recommend it, since you'd need your own money etc. So, start with something more simple, like the article and maybe some talking.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

My mother is an ENFJ and all 8 of my siblings are introverts. I eventually, to keep her from driving them completely insane, started organising extroverted things for them to do together but keeping them on a schedule. So they only really had to deal with her extreme extroversion for an hour or so every couple of days. As long as she got her outlet she was happy.

The best thing for all of them was when my mother started going to yoga with my siblings. She got to meet so many people after yoga (and especially women her own age) that it took some of the pressure off my siblings.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Familial relations don't follow the same rules as personal relations, as I'm sure you know.

If we were friends, and you said to me "I really don't want to talk right now, nothing against you, but I'm thinking through alot right now, is that cool?" I'd say "Absoultely, good luck! whereas your mother would say "You don't love me! You never have! I gave birth to you you ungrateful tramp!" or something like that.

I'm way extroverted but I am also sensitive to others, not everyone is, just set your boundaries and don't feel bad about it. You weren't put on this earth to take shit.
    This is a very good response, especially from someone on the near opposite side of the spectrum. Most people of all types can tell when someone's had enough and know to back off, but it doesn't seem that way with my mom. I have a hard time setting boundaries for myself around people most of the time, but I think I really need to in this case. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks for all of your input everyone else, I read all of it and I can say that I can relate to all of it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

To the oP:

I think it takes as much of her to understand you than from you to understand you. I mean you should both come in the middle of the way, she could learn some from introverts and you could learn some from extrovert.

She doesn't clearly understand you but do you really understand her?
    She is different and thus you should try to understand her being that way as much as she should do the same. I can see your mother really tries (if she keeps on talking to you for 4 hours, which I don't do with anybody who doesn't care to listen, lol.)

I'm pretty extreme extroverted woman but I have learned great deal from quite strong introverted man I'm married to.