User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Y'know what the trouble is Syn?

Hardly anyone's ever seen a "well-rounded mature ENTP." They thought it was either an oxymoron or a mythical creature, like a hippogriff.

Then you arrived!

Note: Now there's a thread. Try to assign mythical creatures to MBTI types!
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Y'know what the trouble is Syn?

Hardly anyone's ever seen a "well-rounded mature ENTP." They thought it was either an oxymoron or a mythical creature, like a hippogriff.

Then you arrived!

Note: Now there's a thread. Try to assign mythical creatures to MBTI types!
    Well, thanks. I'm not sure I deserve that appellation, though. If I was mature, I'd probably be making myself useful somewhere rather than attention whoring for you guys!
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    To quote an ENTP male friend, "Happy Birthday Sodomy!"
    I'm going to have to utilize that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Well, thanks. I'm not sure I deserve that appellation, though. If I was mature, I'd probably be making myself useful somewhere rather than attention whoring for you guys!
    'ey 'ey

--said mature, well-rounded for an ENTP. Not perfect or XXXX.

That only applies to INFJs and <insert holy figure of choice>.

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I think ENTP, but it's a guess not backed up by a lot of proof- as I don't know you too well. I'm almost 100% sure you're not ESTP, so I'll narrow it down to ENxP.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yes, the feel is very different.
    For real, though.

I have been holding myself back from saying it, but, yeah, NTs just give off this vibe/energy, what have you, and Synarch does not emit this vibe.

He has a well developed Te, sure, but he isn't a T.

And I cannot provide evidence for this, sorry, well, because it is a holistic thing.

I think he tries to harness that enormous heart he has with his head, which is a good thing.

Many of us NFPs become disillusioned, dark, and detached. And feeling vulnerable to the many ills of the world we do what we can to cope.

I know when life begins to get too much for me, I shut my emotion center down, and go into hyper-analyst mode where no answer will ever suffice, where no scale will ever be small enough, no word ever fully defined, no meaning to be found amongst a chaotic string of things.

I am not an analyst, I am a synthesist. (So is Synarch)

I process life through a macro-lens, where information gets integrated into an ever growing world view.

And as an ENFP, I specialize and focus on people, and the human experience.

Let the mathematicians scoff at the physicists, and the physicists scoff at the chemists who then spit on the biologists who outright discredit the validity of psychology as a science.

I don't need anybodies seal of approval that the things I value, perceive and think are worthy and legitimate pursuits/beliefs.

I don't need hard proof to know when I know something.

Truth precedes proof.

Sorry for the tangent. :/
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Truth precedes proof.
    Whoa, how NF of you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Whoa, how NF of you.
    Yeah, and I already know the argument that a T can throw at me for stating that.

Obviously we need some objective means to ascertain most probable truths, and I will admit when I cannot substantiate a belief, intuition or feeling I have about someone or something, but I do myself a disservice whenever I fail to listen to my intuition which rarely fails me, whereas other people often do.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post

And, um, we ENFPs are blunt ass mofos, who are you kidding?!?!

You can be, once you're convinced that it's an important issue and that being nice won't get your point across anymore. But you tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when they say something questionable. We're a lot more cynical and more prone to not even giving polite diplomacy much of a chance. We rarely ever sugar coat anything, on principle.

Example:

ENFP: "That's close, but you might try making x and y changes to your approach for better results!!! Good job so far though!!!!!!!!"
    ENTP: "No, that's really not it, either. You're not going to get it right until you apply this approach."

and so on...it's largely evident in the difference in phrasing preferences. ENFPs can start to resemble ENTPs when they get frustrated or upset, especially with the over-the-top imaginative attempts to display superior wit. Difference is, ENTPs do this nearly all the time, just lightly and a little more subtly. It's kind of condescending; we know that and we like it, but we usually keep the tone cool and rational enough that it's fairly uncommon for us to get genuinely angry. I think ENFPs get honestly worked up more easily and I don't really see that from Synarch. ENFPs normally don't place "I'm smarter than you" subtext in their writing until provoked, but once they start doing it, it's really prominent, even a bit exaggerated.

I haven't seen *that* many of Synarch's posts, so maybe you guys have a better idea of his style than I do.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You can be, once you're convinced that it's an important issue and that being nice won't get your point across anymore. But you tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when they say something questionable. We're a lot more cynical and more prone to not even giving polite diplomacy much of a chance.

I haven't seen *that* many of Synarch's posts, so maybe you guys have a better idea of his style than I do.
    Pfft, I keep it real, and I have an aversion to the word and and behavioral implications of "politeness", being considerate is one thing, but polite?

Pfft, what's the point, I have no time to coddle or be coddled, for swellness's sake.

Am I nice? Not particularly. Kind hearted? Perhaps.

Fi is all about respecting the truth, and keeping it real, well, at least for me it is.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles